ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballers works well when it comes on because after GOT its nice to have a terrible show that requires no thought whatsoever.

Hopefully that band from Old School is getting some run with their Eclipse version.

Nashville reportedly having *at least* half a million people visiting the local area for this thing. c_back shouldve airbnb'd the crib for a max profit.

We purchased a brick house that was recently painted. I dont love it, I dont hate it. it just is. I've never lost sleep over it. There is a huge interior brick wall that I am fighting tooth and nail to keep from being painted.

Cinnamon Crunch bagel from Panera is the go to breakfast.

The Cubs won a game in extras after recording 3 outs in the inning- which I hadnt seen before. Obviously everyone's seen guys reach on wild pitches after striking out, i've never seen 2 guys in one inning do it, and those being the tying and winning runs. Baseball is weird.

No Boom, no Badet, No Baker. No Mosier. Baker was frustrating but appeared to be practicing well and was an experienced receiver. Each of those stings.

We purchased a brick house that was recently painted. I dont love it, I dont hate it. it just is. I've never lost sleep over it. There is a huge interior brick wall that I am fighting tooth and nail to keep from being painted.

Godspeed. I lost that battle last year. Came home from a work trip and the painting had already started. Honey, can you help me paint these spots I cant reach? Doesn't it look great??

:mad:

Godspeed. I lost that battle last year. Came home from a work trip and the painting had already started. Honey, can you help me paint these spots I cant reach? Doesn't it look great??

:mad:

I managed to trade for a huge ass wood kitchen table and a huge ass wood coffee table. The wife recently asked if I would be opposed to painting them.

:flush:

If I came home to them painted, I'd honestly consider shooting her. I wouldn't (probably) but I'd certainly think about it.

Reactions: Mashburned
Just stay with Rogue ,, or one of his "Buddies". Hell they have probably pitched in and bought a condo, they have property everywhere. He probably has a nice suite in his office at the bar you can stay in.

Went to El Taco Luchador last night for the first time. Tried the fish, asada, and carnitas tacos. All 3 tasted very good, but something was off. The fish taco was missing something...didn't seem to be full enough. The chunks of asada and carnitas were too big for my liking, though they were tasty. Too much chewing required for a taco. The elote looked good, and the tortas were intriguing, so I'll definitely go back. But on the weekend, I'm hitting up Las Gorditas instead...which is on a completely different level IMO. Place is the GOAT of taco trucks.

@catholic_back I'd stop in Key Largo or somewhere like that before driving 5 hours from FLL. Plus, 3 nights in KW will probably be enough. One beautiful stop would be Bahia Honda. State park with the old bridge and great beaches and scenery.

Once you're in KW, getting on the water or near it would be my priority. We have some awesome beaches here you just need a boat to get to them, which is doable. If you have any food/drink recs I have plenty. Just message me on FB or something.

Definitely stop by one day and say hello. Let me procure a few cocktails for you.

Reactions: catholic_back
-eldest is out in west ky with a friend and her dad...who is a member of the ky astronomy society. They have had this set up for years...gonna have all the gear and such. We were all invited but I'm not taking a day off and I wouldnt deal with that traffic if paid.

-heading out to one of dad's farms to watch the eclipse with youngest and a classmate and her classmates mom...a lovely Chinese lady. This was her text from this am:

"Thank you so much for offering this opportunity to visit your father land. Yes, we will wait for you to come to our house at 1 pm."

-any of you points guys know of any last minute deals to Denmark?

Luchador is great, but it's not better than any other truck/taqueria, imo -- and not as good as several of the places on Preston Hwy. Las Gorditas will always be goat (they have a brick and mortar now, btw)

MexaSteak Tacos, 73 -- trust me. Get there before Luchador puts them out of business.

-Cincinnati only 90% totality. [laughing] God that place is a joke.

Last edited:
@CClarkUK that band, The Dan Band, actually just played down here a couple weeks ago so they're still doing their thing.

They just built a new amphitheater down here with two country music fests and a jimmy buffet show already on tap for February 2018.

Reactions: RibsAndWhiteBread
- If any of you lawyerballs or just general UL haters want a good laugh, check out the thread on the mainboard. If Zipp is any indication of how GD inept and delusional that fan base is then their appeal being shot down will undoubtedly lead to some of them jumping off bridges. https://forums.rivals.com/threads/louisville-files-appeal-full.749453/https://forums.rivals.com/threads/louisville-files-appeal-full.749453/

Whoever Shawn is from RR is destroying Zipp and it's glorious.

- Don't get the hold out on GOT. If you're not watching or catching up, you'll finally do it, realize it's in GOAT discussion and you'll get some casual discussion but nothing like how it is after an episode like last night. In short, watch the show for f's sake.

- No offense to Padre or others selling cars but it is single-handily one of the worst experiences of all-time as far as sales go. You have Carmax, Carvana and Ebay motors where a buyer has the ability to not feel like a POS for buying from them. I guess the majority of folks don't ever look at numbers and/or research but I have to assume I'm a terrible person to walk into your dealership because I don't blindly accept the stupid from a sales manager telling me I should trade in for this instead of private sale because of the tax break that only nets me a $1,000 loss. Yeah buddy, sign me up!

- I don't think I could give less of a F about the eclipse. The hens are selling glasses on NextDoor and OMG WE GOT A GREAT DEAL ON 100 PAIRS OF THEM.

- Nothing more uninspiring than preseason NFL but seeing the foosball kickoff to start a game gives me chills, regardless of it being a meaningless game. I'm so ready for the Cayuts and the Cons.

^ yeah. It's seriously maybe the best Mexican 'thing' I've ever had. Would be a serious problem if I lived anywhere near there.

The Crunchy Cheese, this taco comes from the central area of Mexico City and tasted it before I came to live to Louisville directly from Mexico City, this has a crispy layer of cheese that gets melted on the griddle, once it gets melted we add the steak on top and fold the cheese around and then we top it with a fresh slice of avocdo and a delicious special recipe of pickled red onions, the combination of the crisp cheese and the other ingredients makes this a surprsing experience.

CARAMELO $7.89
flour tortilla. sirloin , crunchy cheese , beans, onions, cilantro, roasted habanero mexican crema

:fire::fire::fire:

They have both, and I agree when it comes to standard tacos... ^ is closer to a burrito.

The regular Crunch Cheese is on corn tortillas. Stick w/ security systems or whatever you do...your britches have gotten a little too small for you when it comes to golf & food.

As Aubrey would say, Know Yourself.

iu

Murdered these in my annual little league candy box.

- Agreed to help organize some things in San Angelo for a few weeks. Mistake. This is the ugliest, hottest, shittiest, redneck town I have ever been to.

- Went to a Guns n Roses concert a couple weeks ago in NC. Probably the best concert I have ever been to...and I'm not even a huge GnR fan. Slash f***ing killed it and though Axl is now fat, he still had energy and his voice. Played for 3.5 hours straight with no breaks.

- Indifferent on the eclipse. Only getting like 65% of totality here anyway.

- GOT is running away from the established traits in the characters. I don't like it.

- A couple people on Facebook are selling eclipse glasses at $60 a pop...and people are paying. Loons.

- I see catfanbgky still doesn't realize how awful he is. Cute.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
They have both, and I agree when it comes to standard tacos... ^ is closer to a burrito.

The regular Crunch Cheese is on corn tortillas. Stick w/ security systems or whatever you do...your britches have gotten a little too small for you when it comes to golf & food.

As Aubrey would say, Know Yourself.

Don't @ me on my disdain for flour-eaters and my on point golf takes. I get a lot of info from my India Times subscriptions. Stick to the 4 hour work days and spending your wife's money.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
The 3 hour wait in between the Metallica and GNR sets in Kansas City back in the early 90s was one of the best 3 hour periods of my life. Lots and lots of ass and titties. I mean what else are drunk/high women going to do while waiting for GNR to come on stage?

Range of emotions during that wait...:smiley::scream::popcorn::pray:[cheers]:cool2:[thumb2][smoke]:D:eek::cheers2:

I don't like sci-fi or fantasy, minus Star Wars, and I think GOT is amazing. Was really against trying it out in the beginning. My buddy convinced me to watch the first season, after 3-4 episodes I was hooked. Just so well done.

I hated lord of the rings so it's really got me hesitant to try game of thrones tbh

Catholic_back: I got engaged in KW 6 years ago and one of my buddies grew up in duck key and pretty much gave me an itinerary of things to do and restaurants to visit from Miami to key west that was awesome so if you want you can PM me your email and I can forward it to you

- Agreed to help organize some things in San Angelo for a few weeks. Mistake. This is the ugliest, hottest, shittiest, redneck town I have ever been to.

I lived in San Angelo circa 1986 and this is true X1000 That place hell on earth. Don't what it's like now, but even the water was horrible. I mean almost beyond belief. We're talking, people from Detroit think that water in unfit, bad...

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Can't wait to peep NextDoor because we just had a storm roll in and you can't see shit because of the cloud coverage. Probably going to poke the bear and start a refund thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT