ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
gjunZlg.gif

All you Bengalballs need to come down and try out AJ McCarron's new sushi restaurant. It's called Ajian. Like thats seriously the name. They have a cheeto's roll.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Dangerously Cheesy Starters

Cheetos Crusted Fried Pickles + Creamy Ranch
Time to get your paws messy! These Cheetos crusted fried pickles are meant for dunking in creamy homemade ranch. We condone the use of all hands and paws as utensils.

Cheetos Grilled Cheese + Tomato Soup

A deliciously familiar comfort food to warm every Cheetos lover’s soul. A hearty Cheetos tomato soup and small grilled cheese sandwiches filled with bacon, tomato and cheesy Cheetos.

Cheetos Meatballs
Classic Italian meets “Dangerously Cheesy.” These Cheetos, beef, pork and veal meatballs are served in a fresh, hearty tomato herb sauce and sprinkled with ricotta cheese.

Purrfectly Fried Green Tomatoes

Nothing says green tomatoes like white Cheetos — especially when the tomatoes are breaded with a crispy White Cheddar Cheetos crust, fried and paired with a fresh corn and cherry tomato arugula salad.

The Big Cheese

Flamin’ Hot and White Cheddar Mac n’ Cheetos
White Cheddar Cheetos. Spicy jalapeños. Bacon. Cheetos Flamin’ Hot Chipotle Ranch crust. All in one decadent dish. Need we say more?

Cheetos Mix-ups Crusted Chicken Milanese

Because variety is the spice of life, this chicken fillet comes crusted with the four cheesy flavors of Cheetos Mix-Ups and paired with a salad of mixed greens, hazelnuts and pickled onions, topped with even more Cheetos Mix-Ups.

Spicy Cheetos Nachos

Cheetos are the new tortilla chips. These “nachos” are smothered with spicy sausage ragù and creamy cheese, then piled high with crisp lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños and a dollop of sour cream.

Flamin’ Hot Limón Chicken Tacos

We could describe the masterful combination of perfectly seasoned chicken tacos, crunchy veggies and Flamin’ Hot Limón Cheetos, but instead we’re just going to say, “You’re welcome.”

Sweet Spot

Cheetos Sweetos Crusted Cheesecake

Get yourself a forkful of my rich goat cheese cheesecake with a crunchy Cheetos Sweetos crust. If that wasn’t enough, the delicious blueberry compote is like the icing on the (cheese)cake. Pun very intended.

Cheetos Sweetos Sweet and Salty Cookies

Every dreamy bite of these warm cookies is packed with Cinnamon Sugar Cheetos Sweetos. In fact, they’re dangerously delicious when dunked in the Cheetos Sweetos Salted Caramel dipper.

White Cheddar Cheetos and Cheetos Sweetos Apple Crepes

Eating these light and airy crepes topped with a blend of White Cheddar Cheetos and Cinnamon Sugar Cheetos Sweetos crumbles is like biting into a cheesy, apple-y cloud.

I can't believe it was a scant 15 years ago that I too rambled on Las Ramblas (I just got that).

I was starting on my career path of counting myself among the chosen few of the last humanist profession, the Architect - the most quixotic, respected, and interesting of all professions (see: any male lead in a Romantic Comedy). In the Beaux Arts tradition, I undertook my Grand Tour of Europe to study the masters in a post 9/11 world - before it was resorbed into the caliphate. And I got out just in time, 15 years ago. Too freaky.

I also can't believe that BBdK beat me to this mock post with a sincere post about visiting the 3rd most visited city in Europe (12th most visited in the world). Clean it up, imo.

One of the former cooks at the old Rincon moved back from Mexico and is opening a Mexican restaurant back up in its place.

Should do better than Macho Nacho.
That poor dude. He really tried. Felt awful for him because he had to sink every penny in that place. Replay:
  • Leases really expensive property that every restaurant before it failed miserably.
  • takes 6 months longer to renovate than planned and completely renovates are perfectly acceptable spot.
  • opens with for tex mex lunch, dinner and delivery(lol).
  • spends an outrageous amount on advertising -> TV, Rupp Arena, KSR, billboards, radio
  • has all kid of service issues to start and closes before anyone could even blink.
the billboards and Rupp ads were running at least 3-4 months before it even opened.

And yeah, even though it's gotten better the food scene still leaves a lot to be desired. I'm just glad this place isn't a Dudley's spinoff modern southern remix. Puke.

Talked to someone close to one of the owners and heard a little story about it. If you walk behind the building, there is a parking lot and there is also a garage at the end of that parking lot that leads to a couple underground parking spaces (below the new restaurant). The parking lot is majority-owned by John's run shop but the garage is owned by the B&B folks. When they ageed to build the building, all the local owners had to sign off, including John, who gave permission for builders to drive across his parking lot to park in the garage, since that is the only way to access the garage. It was also planned to be used as parking for customers of B&B.

John sold his little shop shortly after, and the new owner decided she wasn't cool with the original agreement and demanded that they pay something in the ballpark of $50k for permission to have cars drive across her lot to the parking garage. Restaurant owner told her to promptly go touch herself. She responded by building a $5k fence at the end of the parking lot that serves zero purpose except to make the underground garage completely inaccessible to vehicles. If you've noticed, the construction trucks and builders have had to park on Euclid using public parking spots and/or park in the garage across the street.

There are now a couple lawsuits in the process of being filed.

That was another one but I'm pretty certain that was built by a successful business family.

-Builds a massive "complex" from scratch... right next to a sketchy area.
-Goes WAY overboard with the place.
-A 3 story jelly fish tank.

...and tries to make by selling tacos. Oh and they had a gelato stand in there. WTF?

Reactions: GrandePdre
Heading to Bali in 18 days for 2.5 weeks.

What part(s) of the island are you hitting? We split time between the Conrad in Nusa Dua and Sthala near Ubud a couple months ago.

I'd say your odds of place/time w/ regards to one of these attacks is 1 and a Billion -- I'm sure Joey can give you a better estimate.

Unless you're visiting Syria w/ ukguy78 to try out Emirates new Suites Class, I don't see why anyone would worry or let it affect travel plans. Shit can & apparently does happen just about everywhere these days.

Syria is a stretch, but I do like to buy low with respect to travel locales. Jordan in 2015 and Egypt last fall, best time to go is when everyone else is staying home.

Saw on Facebook a post from three years ago about that '15 team's trip to the Bahamas. How fun was that? Seems like a lot longer than three years ago.

I know German food is heavy and not for everyone but is there anything but Marika's (which is temporily closed) to get German in Lexington.

Kassler Rippchen, kraut, and German potato salad is in my top 3 dinners of all time. Not sure where, in Lexington, you can find it.

She responded by building a $5k fence at the end of the parking lot that serves zero purpose except to make the underground garage completely inaccessible to vehicles.

There are now a couple lawsuits in the process of being filed.

:joy:

I'm sure her fence is impressive, but the whole situation sounds like a textbook example of an easement appurtenant. Wouldn't be surprised if she has to give them access to the parking spots going forward.

Should've gone with a pergola instead.

Lawsuits more than just in the process of being filed. In June, B&B came out of the gate seeking an injunction. John's responded and sought cross-injunction of their own. John's won. B&B is on their third or fourth law firm. I don't blame them. Someone did not do their homework on the easement and assurance that a parking garage could be built. Or maybe they did and were ignored - that location may have warranted a roll of the dice on the details.

Food that doesn't have bad ingredients and is not poorly prepared generally tastes good. After that, the nuances, ratings and snobbery are stuff I imagine the characters on Mad Men laughing at, as they fleece people of their money based on perception, advertising and peer pressure.

Agreeable meal + reasonable price = I'm good.

Last edited:
Another problem with the macho nacho was that if you walked 15 feet down the road you were at joellas which is a better place to eat

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT