ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevin is not a racist. However, he is a W&L grad, temperamental, and recently spoke out against removal of confederate statues.

Get a F'n life and quit following me around on the internet, Rob. F'n dbag.

Went to a football recruiting weekend at W&L when I was a young lad and learned some things about myself that weekend.

Also they're pretty serious about their chapel and burial site down there.

For what it's worth, W&L has never actively marketed Governor Bevin as an alumnus. It's an ephemeral relationship, at best.

They picked him and Dick Cheney to address their 1500 student delegates this year. Good call.[eyeroll]

We picked up a commit from a 6'4 corner from Florida with offers from Bama, Clemson, etc.

My football boner is somewhere between half-mast and turgid. Consider me cautiously optimistic about this up-coming season.

My weekend visit to Washington and Lee opened my eyes to the idea of dipping pizza into ranch sauce. Revolutionary for the early 90s.

I, for one, am especially glad to have a pulse of the Washington & Lee alumni base here in GYERO. Alright!

- BIL dinner Friday night at Grillfish downtown at old Atomic Cafe location. Anyone been? Haven't heard a soul mention it yet. Didn't even know it was there until last week. Looked at the menu and the garlic-tomato fra diavolo sauce looks dope, at least.

Speaking of downtown, tried out the new School Restaurant location a couple weeks ago on Short Street. Sushi/sashimi was as good as you would expect it but they don't have the kaiten 'conveyor' setup anymore like the old location did - bummer. Japanese karaoke machine, tho. [smoke]

- A lot of these new NBA threads are dope. Especially like the T-Wolves color scheme and design.
mntw-jersey-unveil-nike-points-front-170801.png

- What's the GYERO tailgate scene going to be this fall? Heard the Schems were gutting their house so am I going to have to dig deep one more time this fall for a walk down memory lane in the Orange Lot? #nograss

- Down 20 lbs in 5 weeks. Instead of posting about it every 3rd day, maybe go do something about it, Willy.

Last edited:
Anyone that thought they were going to get the UL treatment was kidding themselves. This is a darling University. UL is a dispensable trash heap in the eyes of the NCAA. Not even close to a level playing field.

Keep in mind how delusional UNC administrators have been this entire time.

Grillfish is pretty dope, imo. Have done the snapper and scampi there. See you Friday Joshie.

Never gave any thought to Washington and Lee. Was pretty much UK, Vandy, or Harvard for undergrad.

UNC gonna skate, not shocked.

Just got back from 4 long days in Orange Beach. Nice getaway before the new baby is born/KY run to the SEC East crown.

My daughter kept me busy non stop. Last year she was 13 months old and basically sat and played in the sand with shovels, buckets etc.

Whew....this year it was swimming in the ocean or running up and down the beach non stop. I bet i didnt drink 20 beers in 4 days. Was awesome seeing how much fun she had.

In sad news while we were there a 67 year old TN woman was hit and killed by a drunk driver crossing the street back to her condo. We were on our way back from dinner when we drove by and saw the body laying in the middle of the street.

And two brothers, 12 and 19 both drowned in the rip tide about 30 min after arrival :cry:

- Down 20 lbs in 5 weeks. Instead of posting about it every 3rd day, maybe go do something about it, Willy.

Congrats. I'm down 10 lbs in 11 days so far, my ill-informed confederate sympathizer friend.

I wasn't going to post about it until I lost something more significant, because I have a loooong way to go. But since you called me out... suck it.

I think BRax, Chase, Transy, Mashburned, GrndPdre and other regulars I have never actually met should be required to come to an Extrav this year.

Hell, I feel like Maxx's brother from another mother and I've only met him once or twice. Same with UCF. Let's get the whole damn gang together and make fun of whoever doesn't show up.

Is Mashburned really black?

And what's up with ZepCat and LB? Things didn't work out so now neither of them posts anymore? Bullshit.

CoolCat becomes a judge and now he's too good for us? I object. You're a tobacco cutting, booze swilling, wrestling fan asshole your honor. You're damn near perfect.

AfroGermanSanta became a pig and left us.

I feel like Trump is splitting this thing we have here up. If we survived the Tubby/BCG years, we can get through this, people. We have to work together. #GYEROmatters

BTW, I haven't seen Anth post anything yet. Bike to Beat Cancer is coming up September 9th.

I wasn't going to do it this year but now I am. It's too good of a cause to worry about how out of shape I am or how I'm going to look like a garter snake who just ate a softball in my jersey.

Team Bryant is awesome. Please donate if you can. Cancer sucks and this is a way we can actually fight back and help people out.

http://foundations.nortonhealthcare...oBeatCancer?px=1010103&pg=personal&fr_id=1180

Reactions: anthonys735
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT