ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hits it over 300 with ease whenever he needs to. So he's plenty long, really.

If you look at his stats overall he's actually not the greatest putter. But the guy can make clutch long ones, and get crazy hot from deep.

His biggest strength is his iron game, IMO. There may not be a better iron player. He's ridiculous.

He hits it over 300 with ease whenever he needs to. So he's plenty long, really.

If you look at his stats overall he's actually not the greatest putter. But the guy can make clutch long ones, and get crazy hot from deep.

His biggest strength is his iron game, IMO. There may not be a better iron player. He's ridiculous.
He's had a rough year with the putter but to date he's been one of the best clutch putters on tour.

The whole gist of that original point was, I thought it was cool to see someone kicking ass without driving the ball 350 yards.

Now if we could just get him to speed up a little.

-Tell you what sucks, for the last 3 weeks having the tour or Open as morning background while at work is most excellent. Nothing today. :angry:

-Really wanted Kuch to get his. Gotta be one of the "guys that should have one" and don't know how many chances he'll have like yesterday.

-Weird that August is right up on us. Not ready for summer to end but ready for the Gridiron Cats.

-nice lil ride

Spieth seems like a boring guy on the course. He plays slow. He talks about every conceivable option for every shot in an automated voice.

That's why it was weird to see him do the "go get that" and then the ball tap to his caddy. Probably a calculated effort by him to be more endearing to the public. "Hey! I'd flick my caddy's nuts too! Jordan is just like me!"

But the kid seems to have a good time off the course. Seems like a dude's dude.

Like PTI said, maybe he's too perfect. Could definitely see myself turning on him. As a matter of fact, screw him.

Spieth seems like a boring guy on the course. He plays slow. He talks about every conceivable option for every shot in an automated voice.

That's why it was weird to see him do the "go get that" and then the ball tap to his caddy.
I find him to be anything but boring (other than the slow play which is a pet peeve of mine and something golf should police much better).

He's animated and intense, usually a good quote "what would Arnie do?" he hits it every damn where and routinely makes pars/birdies in yesterday's case bogey out of situations other players wouldn't have.

That said, I kind of wanted Kuch to get one.

Sunday morning Open Championship golf is my favorite. First time I can remember it didn't finish by noon. Thanks, Jordan!

Hit up Mirror Twin Brewery for the first time last night. Solid beer offerings, and the Rolling Oven pizza is solid. I highly recommend the Bianca. That place being so close to Blue Door, though, is :fire:.

Wife's grandmother's house is going to estate auction tomorrow in Owensboro. Sad to see that house change hands. Probably celebrated almost 20 Thanksgivings and Christmas Eves there with my wife's family.

Rory has to be the favorite in 3 weeks, right? He loves that course and is playing well again.

That Phelps vs Shark thing last night was dumb. And I was dumb for wasting 25 minutes on it.

I think it's more of his slow play than anything. Kills me. It's like watching our version of Jose Maria Olazabal.

Slow golf play and excessive duration between pitches should be so easy to resolve. How these governing bodies of the respective sports can't address them is beyond me.

Spieth is a great putter, especially at length -- but he's definitely not been his typical self this year on the greens.

He's 1st In Strokes Gained (approach) and 1st in strokes gained (Far Sighted).

He's also 1st in grinding & general mental ability to rise to the occasion (with no close 2nd) -- he regularly contends without his best stuff, which is something we really haven't seen since Tiger at this type of level. Kid is incredible

He also clinched the 2017 Saucies and basically set the new bar for ALL tour sauce w/ #GoGetThat.

I especially like that his long flowing swing is built to last, unlike the uber-torque that started with Tiger and we see from most of the bombers (who are also always injured). Golf is as unpredictable as any in terms of who's going to play well & for how long, but he's easily the safest bet long term of all the new stars.

Last night's GoT episode is a perfect example of why you cannot allow lesbians to jointly run shit. They start looking at each other and take their eye off the ball.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Our student section is pretty damn weak, so they can raise the ticket prices to $400 for them for all I care. F*ck them and their fancy pants dorms, afternoon naps, top shelf poon, etc...

F you.

<-- tips cap to Jimmy Glenn

Admits I watched the Phelps thing while making dinner...curiousity got the better of me. It was about as dumb as I expected. Wonder how much he got paid for that...

Had an absolute blast with Chad and his crew at LCK this weekend. Really just a great group. Went about as well as it could, other than 10 minutes of rain, and Chad falling off the boat. Come back anytime bud:100points:

Admits I watched the Phelps thing while making dinner...curiousity got the better of me. It was about as dumb as I expected. Wonder how much he got paid for that...

Had an absolute blast with Chad and his crew at LCK this weekend. Really just a great group. Went about as well as it could, other than 10 minutes of rain, and Chad falling off the boat. Come back anytime bud:100points:

Thanks buddy. We had a great time. Struggling a bit today, though.

Reactions: HUBER and drxman1
Guys, if you watched the shark thing, it was about so much more than racing a shark. Amazing creatures. I didn't know their skin was made up of tiny teeth, or they hit a seal with 12 g's of force. Unreal. If that shark wanted to he would have eaten everybody on that boat. Great restraint. We could learn a lot from sharks.

Discussed it last night and I figured they'd put him next to a tank and actually "race" a live shark. :joy: @ them using a CGI shark.

....but we spent the evening with some friends eating, drinking and enjoying conversation.

Boo hoo my wet suit is too thin. The water is sooo cold. omg boo hoo I'm michael phelps. Pussy, can't even beat a slow walking shark with a fake fin on your feet.

Let's assume they did put a live shark in a tank running parallel to Phelps; what are the odds they could've gotten the shark to race Phelps?

The entire premise cracks me up. [laughing]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT