ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting developments in Lex are in the works.

latest

I suppose all of the denial, media shaming, and poor-assistant-coach-going-rogue groveling will take place at this upcoming press conference? That seems to be the protocol, if I remember correctly.

Now espn is saying it was a pattern on ongoing calls. Makes more sense. If you're gonna fire someone for that, you definitely better be sure.

I've accidentally called sex lines plenty of times, just by hitting 1-800 instead of 1-866, or whatever.

Of course the REAL reason for his firing goes beyond that. I was just surprised by the way it was first reported.

Now espn is saying it was a pattern on ongoing calls. Makes more sense. If you're gonna fire someone for that, you definitely better be sure.

I've accidentally called sex lines plenty of times, just by hitting 1-800 instead of 1-866, or whatever.

Of course the REAL reason for his firing goes beyond that. I was just surprised by the way it was first reported.

I thought you just swiped right

Reactions: cawoodsct
* Am I the only one who likes mush? You know, the little fried polenta cakes you serve with butter and syrup. I'm making breakfast for dinner tonight and my wife saw the tube of mush in the fridge... "WTF is that? I'm not eating something called mush."

I haven't had it in years, but I used to love it when I was little. It's good, right?

* Marge is looking fine for 46. I guess I owe it to her to get my fat ass back in shape. Probably start working out tomorrow or Saturday.

Yes, you are the ONLY ONE who likes Mush. Sounds F'ing awful.

And Goddamn, how many times are we gonna read about you "are gonna start getting your fat ass back in shape, starting a week from TOMORROW."

Either do it or don't, but don't try to convince GYERO that you are *this close* to starting a program.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
-My inlaws serve steel-cut oats quite a bit and my mother in law calls it gruel. She uses the word gruel superfluously, too. It drives me up a F'n wall, use of the word gruel. I *almost* demanded that she stop one morning at the beach. What in TF, man.

-I know it isn't PC to talk positively about youth football anymore, but this time of year always gets me because as a kid/high schooler, equipment was being distributed, conditioning was taking place, a new pair of cleats were sitting beside your bed; the pads were about to start popping. 35 years old and the sight/smell of a field of nasty late summer grass still entices me. The hotter and more humid, the better.

Football is unique because your last down is the last time you play the game. There's no duplicating it with rec leagues, flag football, etc. The sport you love is over, and that's that. I'm sure that finality contributes to the nostalgia, but it's palpable for me right now. I miss it.

I stopped playing football after 8th grade, but I still have fond memories of receiving the equipment & uniforms each year. The first time you boiled your mouthpiece and bit down on it to get the proper fit and then snapped it to your facemark... magic.

Football was much more fun in the fall vs. summer. Eff 2 a days in this miserable heat. No thanks.

60 degrees on a nice fall afternoon? Sign me up. [cheers]

Anyone else have something like this rigged up for water breaks during practice? It seems like even the smallest teams have fancy rolling hydration stations now.

F6J8L81DS3EQZJHZJJ.LARGE.jpg

Anyone else have something like this rigged up for water breaks during practice? It seems like even the smallest teams have fancy rolling hydration stations now.

F6J8L81DS3EQZJHZJJ.LARGE.jpg

I had a gallon milk jug filled with frozen water. By the time we got a water break, it was melted enough to get a drink. Drinking water was a sign of weakness back then, though.

Proper hydration was a myth.

I haven't heard one local dolt bring up a valid point while discussing the latest in As Floyd St Turns that albeit TOMMA negotiated an unreal deal for UL athletics he did so knowingly that it would create windfall profits for the atheletics department and put a ton of strain on the city.

Also, he wasn't negotiating with an independent 3rd party. This wasn't an arm's length transaction. He was negotiating with the Arena AUTHORITY Commitee that was calculatingly crafted to be made up of UL AA Bot members , boosters and or close friends/business partners of Pitino.

To act like Jurich negotitiated this deal with an objective 3rd party who acted on behalf of the best interests for both the city and UL Athletics is ludicrous.

Again- literally every financial, academic, policy making body that has looked at this issue agrees: these are terrible agreements for tax payers and never live up to the rosy proposals. Never.

UL fan: Nuh uh!!!!!

Going to utilize that same hydration method when you begin your new workout regimen in the next few weeks, Willy?

I don't know, man. That paintrain_cat fella might be on to something... what if I actually started working out now?

As soon as I get a couple of empty gallon jugs I'll fill them up with water and freeze them and start working out.

OTOH, wcc doesn't like muscle heads who carry big jugs of water in the gym. I don't know what to do. Bonzo, what do you suggest?

Reactions: Mossip
I don't know, man. That paintrain_cat fella might be on to something... what if I actually started working out now?

As soon as I get a couple of empty gallon jugs I'll fill them up with water and freeze them and start working out.

OTOH, wcc doesn't like muscle heads who carry big jugs of water in the gym. I don't know what to do. Bonzo, what do you suggest?
If you work out in your pergola/lake area you can carry around jugs as you're not in a gym.

Make it the Loveland/Madeira version of Venice Beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT