ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would want to live in a town where you generally dont like the people? Seems like an odd strategy.

Had a set of old Nike slingshot irons that I had won in a scramble like 10 years ago and never played. They look weird as hell but are supposedly pretty forgiving beginner irons. Sold them and my old go-to Mizuno T-Zoid driver on my wifes social media trading site for $65. Guy bought them was a young finance dude who has never played golf- and is playing in a company outing this weekend. He asked if I had a set of iron covers. Nearly killed the deal, tbh.

My great deal purchase on Prime Day was a 55 in 4k tv that arrived yesterday, completely shattered. Customer service told me it had been a huge issue and they are no longer offering the TV. No exchanges, just a refund and I have to drag this big as thing back to fedex. Still have my 10 year old hitachi flat screen that weighs 200 lbs.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
I went in Seaview Outfitters a few times on my lunch break and never saw another person there. Not sure what they were thinking with the location, guy said their focus was college towns near campus. Someone should have told them Rupp isn't on campus.

Lived in Boston...and I loved it. Tons to do, tons of students, tons of bars, summer is awesome, close to the beach/mountains. I also hated it. The people for the most part are standoffish, it's cold AF in the winter, winter lasts way too long, horrible traffic, nowhere to park, the subway is great except it's effing cold when you walk around town, and there are lots of likes to fight guys at the bars. So there you go. Pretty spot on analysis IMO.

Guys held up decently well for a 70 year old former NFL running back that's spent the last 9 years in prison. Doesn't seem as brain damaged as 50% of his former teammates.

Imagine being diagnosed with brain cancer and also thinking to yourself that you've actually survived a worse situation. This McCain man is f'ing nails.

I visited what's left of Hoa Lo Prison last Friday during a 3-day stopover in Hanoi. Second time in Vietnam, but first in Hanoi. While the majority of the prison is devoted to Vietnamese prisoners' incarceration during the French colonial rule, there were a few areas which dealt with the housing of downed US pilots as POWs, obviously including McCain.

Wife and I spent about a week and a half in Bali, split between the beaches in the southeast area around Nusa Dua/Kuta/Jimbaran and the greater Ubud area. Beaches were nice but what makes Bali great is the beauty of the inland area, hiking through rice terraces, etc. Def plan to make a return trip at some point.

This was also the first time I've ever planned a trip and kept the wife completely in the dark. Gave her an idea about what to pack a couple days in advance, but other than that, nada. She didn't even know what continent we were heading to until about an hour before we boarded our flight from Chicago to Hong Kong. About 4 hours into the flight to HKG, I had the purser deliver her a copy of a Lonely Planet book on Bali. Of course, she was :cool2:.

Most watched parole hearing of all time? It is amazing we are still hung up on OJ almost 30 years later.

I also lived in Prospect. The City Council especially the younger members are very standoffish. The cops suck. And they closed Winn Dixie. Town is too big for it's britches. And lots of mosquitos.

Well, that victim Testimony should seal it. Check your mailboxes for your OJ Prize, b/c he's going to be free here shortly.

-SAE, time to grow up and get a TV in the office, bub. You're a big boy now.

In 2 days I am headed back to St Augustine which was supposed to be a trip to relax and enjoy the beach then shop for houses/areas to live in.

Instead I just started 8 projects, and I'm not shopping for a place to live, and my kids somehow convinced their mother we should take 2 extra cousins and pick up a third in Jacksonville on the way.

Vacation!

Watched the Mike and the Maddog 30for30. Gave me nostalgia for my teenage years into my early 20s when I lived for sports radio- Jim Rome, Dan Patrick, etc.

Also to this day remember Franchesca for some reason being in the studio for CBS before the UK-Duke game in '92 saying UK had absolutely no chance to win.

Would love to go back and watch the studio footage that day leading up to the game. At the risk of having a Richie moment, I somewhat recall them showing footage of Pitino jogging the steps like Rocky and someone at the desk saying he shouldn't have bothered or something like that. When they showed Duke getting off the bus for the game, their players were covered up in people greeting them. They showed UK entering the building like they were walking through a dimly lit hall that looked like a basement with water pipes (exaggerating, probably). Seems like most people of the desk laughed at the thought of UK having a chance in that game.

Reactions: wcc31
This Yum center meeting is absolutely amazing. They may really let it go into default. Nobody wants to vote.

Reading through Sonka's twitter and you can really tell that Jurich put his foot down after the UL Athletic Association meeting this morning.

LCK.

Idle Hour is a nice course.

All stocked up and ready for the Chad crew. This is gonna be a boating good time.

Lunch at Hoots with old college roommate. Man time flys.

Some interesting developments in Lex are in the works.

Reactions: wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT