ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Blindsided! :joy: An staff member bought underaged recruits hookers in your athletic dorm.

- He had many flaws but I always enjoyed Hacker.

"Sheppard has 21. He's played a whaaale of a game."

He and Bowie together - > [laughing] Wow

- Really enjoying GYEROMAN.

- Speaking of- engagement photos tonight! Can't wait to look like a F'ing cheesedick.

- After this weekend, lets just fast forward to September please.:pray:

Watched the Mike and the Maddog 30for30. Gave me nostalgia for my teenage years into my early 20s when I lived for sports radio- Jim Rome, Dan Patrick, etc.

Also to this day remember Franchesca for some reason being in the studio for CBS before the UK-Duke game in '92 saying UK had absolutely no chance to win.

Reactions: GrandePdre
This has photoshop written all over it.

blindsided-dvd.jpg

- He had many flaws but I always enjoyed Hacker.

"Sheppard has 21. He's played a whaaale of a game."

He and Bowie together - > [laughing] Wow
"He goes for a three-point try that is in by Brassow."

That's some top notch phrase turning right there, an inspiration to this budding color commentator.

Spieth
Koepka
Thomas

Doesn't get much better than that up top. :smiley::americanflag:

Of course, that means nothing this early in R1, but feel like Majors usually have weird ass leaderboards early.

-Hoffman probably has my favorite swing on tour, at least the one I wish I could copy at my age & physical ability. :100points:

Oh, and :fire:

-Posted in the Bardstown thread, but how wodie would a Podcast about that whole town/saga, be? Based on the ones I've listened to in that genre, it would probably also jump-start the case and get the right people talking.

Either way, would seem to be the perfect setup for one of these production teams to create an interesting series -- get Sarah Koenig or Brian Reed on the phone, Joey.

Last edited:
What pisses me off about the whole UL deal is that they keep acting like these are a few isolated incidents. Look at everything that has occurred under Jurich's watch:

-first sex scandal with Sypher

-baseball player shoots and kills a football player in downtown Louisville

-cheerleader overdoses at a football player's apartment

-Clint Hurtt is kept on as an assistant coach despite being named in the Miami allegations. While he is recruiting coordinator, UL has 10 guys taken in NFL draft in one year, a feat the school has never came close to accomplishing.

-rehire of Petrino after his own scandal resulted in his dismissal at Arkansas.

-women's lacrosse coach accused of abusive tactics

-2nd sex scandal where recruits and players were given money by a staff member to give to strippers for sexual favors

This is just athletics. This doesn't even get into everything found in the state's audit. UL supporters will argue that these are unrelated incidents but I would argue that under the L1C4 umbrella they are all connected. And the common thread that ties them all together is Jurich and his cavalier methods of running an athletic department. He makes nearly twice as much as the next highest paid AD. That's absurd.

Oh, and F Ralph Hacker.

Last edited:
^I always say the same when they refer to employees "acting on their own" or "going rogue"-- when it happens once- maybe twice sure you can make that argument. When it happens annually and in different operational areas- well that dog just wont hunt.

Reactions: anthonys735
Exactly! In regards to McGee, is the following scenario not a possibility:

Powell: Hey Dre, what would Pitino think about all of this?

McGee: Shit girl, Coach P is banging bitches at Porchini's. He don't give a shit.

Powell: Shit, I guess you right. Go head and pass me that Henny, playa.

All of the incidents I previously mentioned are in some way a result of an athletic department that fostered an environment where the rules and regulations did not apply. So naturally it would trickle down to lower tier staff members and student athletes. It's like parents and children, they're gonna do what you do.

Also to this day remember Franchesca for some reason being in the studio for CBS before the UK-Duke game in '92 saying UK had absolutely no chance to win.

Want to get my Pops fired up then bring up Francessa. He *hated* that New York City mofo.

-Posted in the Bardstown thread, but how wodie would a Podcast about that whole town/saga, be? Based on the ones I've listened to in that genre, it would probably also jump-start the case and get the right people talking.

Was thinking the same after listening to S-Town. On a recent trip to Nashville for work I was explaining everything that happened and how some conspiracy about how they were connected and took a step back to realize how f'd up it was.

* Making LED board signage and scoreboard features for various teams here at work. It is officially time to start getting excited about football.

* Jurich is a pimp. Touch him and touch the Louisville Cardinals.

* Am I the only one who likes mush? You know, the little fried polenta cakes you serve with butter and syrup. I'm making breakfast for dinner tonight and my wife saw the tube of mush in the fridge... "WTF is that? I'm not eating something called mush."

I haven't had it in years, but I used to love it when I was little. It's good, right?

* My little girl's kidneys were given a clean bill of health and we don't ever have to go back unless she starts having problems. [banana]

* Looks like we are getting a couple of kittens in the next few weeks.

* Fighting some sort of little cold/bug that has me feeling like shit. I was up in Columbus producing a commercial last week and the editor had it. He is still battling it, so I have at least another week of that to look forward to.

* Marge is looking fine for 46. I guess I owe it to her to get my fat ass back in shape. Probably start working out tomorrow or Saturday.

* Depending on weather, I think I'm going to go wade the Little Miami and do some fly fishing for smallmouth one evening this weekend. Even in the middle of summer they bite pretty good right before dark.

* Currently in Book 2 of the recent Stephen King trilogy that starts with Mr. Mercedes. Pretty good.

* I'm calling the Southern Miss game now. 55-38 good guys.

Take the over.

There was also Hacker's one shining moment call right after the buzzer in the title game something along the lines of... "Orlando Tubby Smith rejoices as he frees himself right near The Alamo."

The Best Dressed Man on Radio gave fans plenty of material.

Literally anyone who's even casually read up on the issue sees public financing for stadiums as a terrible, immoral idea.

UL fan is digging in on the other side of that fence though.

(Also some UK fans who want to replace Rupp)

Was trying to do some additional background research on Churchill before going to see Dunkirk. Any history-balls would likely enjoy the Churchill and Orwell book by Thomas Ricks. Really well done. Only touches on the Dunkirk topic for part of one chapter, but it seems to be agreed upon that how that scenario unfolded ultimately saved the western world. Popular theory is that Hitler couldve annihilated British forces but stopped short, assuming they would see this as a sign of compassion and in-turn begin peaceful negotiation toward appeasement. Churchill was having none of it. Also Churchill drank wine with breakfast, brandy with lunch, port for dinner and whiskey before bed. Total baller.
41G59x-2cmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Again, shoutout to audible for making my commute a bit more tolerable.

Downwind, downhill, measuring from the back tees (though he hit from the blues), and to the back of the green, which is the size of a British Open double green, even though the pin is up front.

:fire:

-

- Speaking of- engagement photos tonight! Can't wait to look like a F'ing cheesedick.

-

Pretty hilarious that the first 'Memory' that popped up for me today on the Facebook was a Post from wcc on 7/20/2012, exactly 5 years ago, making fun of lass & I for our engagement pics.

Enjoy, and please provide link for ordering when complete. :sunglasses:

Last edited:
- Looks like Boston is probably the next stop. Managing a candidate for a special election to senate.

- Ready to be back at work. Ended up moving in with my ex girlfriend since I've been back in NC.

- Something catastrophic would have to happen for UK to not end up with Zion Williamson.

- Getting sick, these summer colds f***ing suck.

- Cubs undefeated since the AS break...

- Pearlman released his opening to the Sports by Brooks story he wrote and never published. That story fascinates me. Still wish Pearlman would stop teasing with it...either release it or don't mention it.

Pretty hilarious that the first 'Memory' that popped up for me today on the Facebook was a Post from wcc on 7/20/2012, exactly 5 years ago, making fun of lass & I for our engagement pics.

Enjoy, and please provide link for ordering when complete. :sunglasses:

Saw that, Kidd. :joy:

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- Boston is awesome. What a town. Would love to live there. Not a huge fan of the people, though.

- Williamson is new age Larry Johnson. A bull with freaky hops and power. He'll be a star at the college level. Boning up thinking about he and Washington in the same frontcourt. Macho.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Kidd-Baldwin
Jaime Gillie
Anth Masiello
Lauren Polson

-Hoffman going on one of his signature heaters. :fire: That guy goes bonkers as much as anyone on Tour.

[laughing] Dufner his just the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT