ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master of None Season 2 was great, btw. Thought it started really slow with him over in Italy, but that was obviously laying the groundwork for the season. The last 6-7 episodes were pretty awesome.

I love that dude.
The first couple episodes are why my wife decided she wanted to go to Italy. Was supposed to go Ireland/UK/Paris but NOPE. Trying to get a res for a table at Osteria Francescana if we can fit in a stop in Modena. Been intrigued by Massimo Bottura since his episode on Chef's Table.

Also Alessandra Mastronardi is :okay:

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Big3 is coming to Rupp, I can't really imagine it having a big turn out. Which I guess they only need to fill half of the lower areana to make it look full.

Ha, I looked as well, as Italy is likely our next adventure -- seems next to impossible

We (I) tried to get reservations at 'Tickets' (Ferran Adria) in Barcelona, to no avail. Same w/ Brooklyn Fare every year. Feel like those places, despite what their online policy says, really only have A table every now and then that's actually 'open' to the regulars.

Bash my Top 5s if you want, but my weather/seasons takes are the best in this MFer.

Speaking of which, this week is already-> TOO HOT

I should've gone into country music. Probably could've knocked out 5 or 6 songs a day.

- Body Like a See-Mint Pond
- Wife Done Left Me, Dog Did Too
- I'd Leave You For My Yeti (aka "The Yeti Song" sponsored by Yeti)
- Brentwood Tough
- Got a New Truck (aka "The New Truck Song" sponsored by Yeti - Stickers For Your Truck)

Michael Keaton is pretty awesome but his debut in "Night Shift" is still the best thing he's ever done.

I literally only wear under armour tee shirts. You guys are all weird and strange. You know what I think is awful? Everyone in this thread, except for maybe Richie. That guy gets shit done.

Where's this Gus place going, llama? I'm always looking for a backup to Joella's. feel like I'm in there too much. Don't want to be known as that guy that eats Joellas every day. You know what I mean?

Saw Despicable Me 3 a few weeks ago - that's a great kid movie franchise. Didn't like this one as much as the previous 2 but it still beats Cars. F*ck Cars.

Judge v Stanton tonight :scream::scream::scream:

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
- Doing an Italy trip in October. Benefit of having a wife that is a project manager is that I pretty much just have to give her a CC and she's planned everything to the detail. We had a to the minute itinerary for our wedding that still gets brought up from family/friends. Anyway, flying into Milan and staying with friends in Como for a couple nights then Rome, doing a day in Munich and back to wherever in Italy. Can't f'ing wait. May be more excited to just not have to take a call for 10 days than for the trip itself.

- 2nd in an Irish Rumble golf tourney yesterday. Bottom fell out of the sky on the first tee, waited 45 mins then enjoyed a round where it wasn't so hot that you felt like the club would go flying out of your hands from being so sweaty. #FLBlessed

- Taking on a new toy/project. Looking to buy a 90's 300zx to rebuild (pay someone to do the heavy lifting). Never been that much of a car guy but have always loved the older Z's and been watching videos of them racing other suped up cars like Mustangs, Vettes, etc...and holding their own or flat-out smoking them. But, for under 10k, you can't find many more fun to drive cars.

- Brother and nephews coming into town end of the week. Can't wait to play some wiffle ball, fishing, or anything else a 7 and 3 yr old find incredibly fascinating that I don't get to do now. Then, turn them loose with tons of sugar in their systems so they can terrorize my brother on the second leg of their trip.

- Met a couple KY boys last week in a scramble. The one down visiting his brother had a UK hat on. Was excited to talk some foosball and hoops until his brother mentioned he's actually a Louisville fan. He tells me because he lives in Lexington that it's easier to just wear UK gear but still be a UL fan. Um, what?

- Per usual, BBDK nails the UA Golf take. Their pants are great as are their golf polos.

- Neckcar is boring but if you get pit passes, it makes up for it for attending. Not another sport you can stand next to the 'Pro' before they head out. Best part is when the green flag drops and if you're lucky enough to be close to a wreck. That said, once you've been to one race, you've kinda seen what the next 500 of them will be like. Not bad for people watching/mocking, either.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Haven't worn anything casually but a t-shirt and shorts all summer.

He's a preemptive GGP to all of you.

...it's more the Winchester YMCA on a Thursday night.

Speaking of... have any of you played pickup ball at a Y lately with kids ages 17-22? Not to go all old man, but the "game done changed". Four dudes standing around the perimeter, all looking to go one on one, not to get to the basket, but to create space to launch a 25 footer. And they all actually can shoot pretty well. Complete Rockets ball; all 3s and occasional layups.

Old man game is now backing a defender down and hitting a fadeaway 10-footer.

UA Steph Curry tshirts/gear is pretty dope. Got to keep up with the kids these days. :fire::fire:

Kind of like yesterday in our baseball pregame, and "Bring Em Out" brought out the rolleyes. Can we please get some post 2015 music in here??? :flushed::flushed::flushed:

So I mixed it up and threw a curveball and played Doggystyle (clean version). Again...rolleyes. :eek::eek::eek:

So then I went to Juicy...I mean everyone loves Juicy. Again...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Finally, I gave in, and we played some DJ Khaled and that stupid Panda song and the kids were happy. :cry:

Future, doggy. Kids will go bananas and start jacking them over the fence with ease. Save 'Mask Off' for when you really need that extra effort from them.

Percocets, Molly Percocets
Percocets, Molly Percocets

I'm not against motorcycles, I just think they're dumb. Especially without a helmet. Like anything if you're out on these main roads with cars flying by and lots of traffic it's more dangerous. If you stay on the roads that don't have lots of traffic and are wide all is well.

For the record riding a motorcycle is 35 times more likely to result in death than a car.

traffic-deaths.gif

Reactions: VernHatton52
For the record riding a motorcycle is 35 times more likely to result in death than a car.

Well- you would actually need to know the exact amounts of each demographic to make that claim. All you can say based on that chart is that there are X-amount more motorcycle deaths. That doesnt mean its X-amount more likely to die on a motorcylce though.

In 2013 4,735 pedestrians and 743 bicyclists were killed compared to 4,688 on motorcycles.[36][39] (note in the USA, motorcycles includes both motorized tricycles and bicycles) In 2013 a total of 32,479 were killed including motorcycle fatalities.[40] Compared to passenger vehicles, motorcycles had 26 times the number of fatalities as car per mile driven in 2013.[41] 319 died on All terrain vehicles in 2013.[41]

Sorry, 26%. Congrats to that 9%.

Last edited:
I wont bog down the thread- but I believe you are calculating the percent increase in total amount of motorcycle deaths. Which is different than saying its 26% more likely to die on a motorcycle. For that stat you'd need to know how many people use each mode of transportation and the frequency which would be rather difficult.

I think we can all agree that motorcycles are dangerous, and riding bikes side by side and blocking entire lanes of traffic eventually means youre going to get smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT