ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about panama? Considering buying a rental property there with a buddy. The mortgage would ALMOST pay for itself and I'd get a few weeks a year there, Caribbean side.

The couple selling has been in the jungle for long enough and are now old enough that medical treatment is a big deal.

Also, my buddy is heading down there in two weeks to check it out so we're not buying sight unseen. It'll be his 5th trip there.
You should go scope out North Korea too. Snag me a propaganda poster when you go.

I really like the additions of Shai Alexander and Jermarl Baker. We've consistently been one guard short under Cal and needed that Dominque Hawkins-esque sort of continuity, too.

I like that Alexander and Baker took the time to do the Special Olympics, etc, too. Cal is fantastic at identifying good kids at Kentucky and that makes a huge difference.

Good times.

Shooters, too.

Somebody school me. Worst UK basketball person? I guess Pitino? I think Rondo is a douche, but he's just hard to deal with.

I wouldn't call Briscoe a bad person but I would call him a head case that a lot of people don't want to deal with.

-Quickley, Barrett, King, Zion/Reddish(pick one), and a big. Getting Barrett(which I think happens....see Murray, Jamal) means missing out on Langford(which I also think happens) is no big deal. Love how King has proven himself in an overt effort to get a scholarship offer. Bounce back and forth between Zion and Reddish.

-Up until a few years ago, I *got* why UK Football Guy was perturbed at the offseason attention that hoops got. But I feel like it's really evened out during the dog months since the explosion of Twitter. Since April, I've seen as much FB recruiting stuff as BB, and now there's depth chart discussion, etc. Next three weeks will lean heavily BB because of the summer recruiting period, but I certainly think with Mussatto, etc., coverage of UK football has never been better, or more extensive.

-Gus' is the truth. Rax swears by Joella's, but once he tries Gus', it'll be over for that guy. Actually, it probably won't.

-Can't believe George is two.

-Summonsed for jury duty smack-dab in the middle of vacation? Okay. False.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
-Torn on Cal and Team USA. Obviously gives him a recruiting edge(that he doesn't even need) and I think it's what he needs to scratch that professional itch but I prefer him here and focused on our team.

-First dip below the Mendoza line in a couple years and first time in a decade without a silly crash diet. Also doing it with a lot more muscle mass than before. Hope to be back running in the next 4-5 weeks.

-Summer :sunglasses:

-Swim lessons for G tonight. Fairly nervous about it. I know he'll be fine but I've seen those little guys before and it's going to be hard to not jump in and grab him.

-Interesting FB pics, PTI. Suit jacket and no shirt. I suppose at this point you finally have no room to discuss my wardrobe.

-Yesterday's stage was incredible. Week 2 on tap:cool2:

-Watched Major League for the 100th time last night. Just amazing. Still get chills when Ricky comes out of the pen. Top 3 baseball movie for me.

Top 10 recruiting class coming in for Mingione, post-MLB signing deadline. Pretty impressive for a first full class, but also impressive how many kids they kept who were on the fence about going pro.

Have seen first-hand the stress that college baseball coaches go through with recruiting an MLB prospect. Can't imagine spending years/months recruiting a kid and signing him, only to have the rug pulled out from under you at the last minute. Complicates not only the situation with individual kids, but how you build your entire class, too. Guess you gotta slow-play under-the-radar kids until the very end in case your stud catcher prospect decides to make money instead of going to 8:00 a.m. classes three times a week.

-Interesting FB pics, PTI. Suit jacket and no shirt. I suppose at this point you finally have no room to discuss my wardrobe.

It was a last minute wardrobe idea for Naughty in Nawlins, the annual swingers convention. Saturday was the masquerade ball. Lady friend scored two all access badges for the week, so we went Thursday as well.

You should have seen what we were wearing on the playroom floor. [cheers]

#soblessed

Been a big advocate of the 2nd sleep (similar to a Hobbit's 2nd breakfast) the past week or so. This heat is draining. So you sleep 7-8 hours, wake up and go to the bathroom, and then go back to sleep for another hour or so. Huge fan. That extra hour feels like 8 hours.

Baseball team is rolling right now. Have a few big targets this week. Kids are mashing. Hope they keep it up.

Kyle Schwarber is batting .178 this season. That's pretty good.

Kids are pumped for the HR Derby tonight. Hopefully it's Stanton vs. Judge in the final. 2 massive dudes taking gigantic cuts. Should be fun.

Had to do a bunch of legal research on my own last week. Spent a good long day looking through old newspapers, obituaries, wills, etc. Put together a nice little soap opera back story in relation to my property.

Working on a big opportunity in Central KY...should have an answer this week. :pray:

Golf game is really solid right now, at least for 5-6 holes. Found some extra distance...working with kids batting...and many of the same principles apply in golf...lag mainly...so I'm playing from the blacks. Different course, and a lot more enjoyable tbh. Not sure I could keep it up for 18 holes, but for a quick hour in and out....it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT