ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a big advocate of the 2nd sleep (similar to a Hobbit's 2nd breakfast) the past week or so. This heat is draining. So you sleep 7-8 hours, wake up and go to the bathroom, and then go back to sleep for another hour or so. Huge fan. That extra hour feels like 8 hours.

Oh ya? You feeling pretty good about the final hour of sleep that gets you 9 hours of sleep? That's great! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top 10 recruiting class coming in for Mingione, post-MLB signing deadline. Pretty impressive for a first full class, but also impressive how many kids they kept who were on the fence about going pro.

Have seen first-hand the stress that college baseball coaches go through with recruiting an MLB prospect. Can't imagine spending years/months recruiting a kid and signing him, only to have the rug pulled out from under you at the last minute. Complicates not only the situation with individual kids, but how you build your entire class, too. Guess you gotta slow-play under-the-radar kids until the very end in case your stud catcher prospect decides to make money instead of going to 8:00 a.m. classes three times a week.

UK had been bit by that as much as any other program, so it was good to see this class buck that trend even when they went all-in on a few guys. Baseball is the toughest sport to recruit, for all of the reasons you mentioned, and also the different Juco rules, scholarship limitations etc. IIRC that was one of the reasons for UK's focus on recruits from the northwest and Canada- they were a little under recruited and more likely to enroll.

Schwarber's average actually went up quite a bit this week. He was below .170 at one point.

Havent played a round of golf in 2017 :flushed:. Havent even hit a bucket of balls.

- Anth's weight fluctuates more than Oprah's. Not that he ever gets really big or anything.

- Fun trip to Cumberland in two weeks and then just get me to September. Summer's been good so far but sweet sweet Fall beckons.

- Sam Hunt just sold out Riverbend last night- wtf? Of all the awful pop country dbags, he's by far the worst. He makes Luke Bryan look like Waylon Jennings.

It was a last minute wardrobe idea for Naughty in Nawlins, the annual swingers convention. Saturday was the masquerade ball. Lady friend scored two all access badges for the week, so we went Thursday as well.

You should have seen what we were wearing on the playroom floor. [cheers]

#soblessed
Granted a swingers ball isn't really my cup tea posting pictures on the facebooks from them is a bold move.

- Anth's weight fluctuates more than Oprah's. Not that he ever gets really big or anything.

- then just get me to September. Summer's been good so far but sweet sweet Fall beckons.

- Sam Hunt just sold out Riverbend last night- wtf? Of all the awful pop country dbags, he's by far the worst. He makes Luke Bryan look like Waylon Jennings.

-It does. For the past few years it's been 201(summer)-215(March). We'll see, it's of note because I'm not really doing anything major other than a few tweaks(lifting couple times per week and skipping the big lunches).
-No.

-I have no idea who Sam Hunt is.

Lol, he's awful. Every song is the same -- 'Raps' the verses, then sings some cheesy chorus. He did wear a UK cap to his concert last summer though (Miranda, Chesney).

I don't quite understand the FGL hate though, as compared to others. I mean, they make some AWFUL music -- but they also have their fair share of good ones, imo -- which puts them in the same category as everyone else.

They seem to get the lion's share of the mega-hate, but Hunt, Bryan, and a host of others are infinitely worse.

Lol, he's awful. Every song is the same -- 'Raps' the verses, then sings some cheesy chorus. He did wear a UK cap to his concert last summer though (Miranda, Chesney).

I don't quite understand the FGL hate though, as compared to others. I mean, they make some AWFUL music -- but they also have their fair share of good ones, imo -- which puts them in the same category as everyone else.

They seem to get the lion's share of the mega-hate, but Hunt, Bryan, and a host of others are infinitely worse.

FGL would get less hate if people never saw them. Their videos and live performances are awful. Complete bags.

But yes, their music is better than Hunt- that's for sure.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Sam Hunt's "Take Your Time," and Florida Georgia Line's "Cruise (feat Nelly)" are so comedically awful that they're mesmerizing. I get sucked in and listen while laughing the whole time.

Complete garbage. And unlike BBdK, I completely understand the FGL hate. Embarrassing dbags.

Summer of the 'DJ', which has essentially become a Curator in 2017, at least when it comes to albums.

Those Khaled & Calvin Harris albums are nothing but summer jams, feat. airbody.

giphy.gif

I'm glad I stopped listening to new music once Aaliyah passed. I obviously haven't missed much. Oldies are where it's at. Listen to Double Shot of My Baby's Love by The Swingin' Medallions and instantly improve your Monday. Guaranteed!

* Admittedly, I am not NASCAR guy. But that has to be the most boring sport in the history of the world to watch in person.

The pregaming was great. The people watching was like one of those People of Walmart galleries. Awesome.

They really built up the excitement right before race time and the opening lap was loud, exciting and goosebump worthy.

Then they drive in circles for about 30-40 laps at a time until someone gets a flat tire or something. 4+ hours of this. Dreadfully boring.

Surprising number of smoking hot chicks walking around, though.

* Anth's story has inspired me. I might start working out tomorrow.

Reactions: ukalum01
-paddled/floated the upper dix saturday a.m. 3 mile loop at Asbury trails Saturday afternoon. As someone who hates "exercise" adding dirt/water/trees makes fitness palatable.

-New Spider-Man movie Saturday evening. Solid. Michael Keaton is underrated: Mr Mom, Gung Ho, beetlegeuse etc. Have yet to see Birdman...its on the list.

-sunday afternoon at the pool...winchells for dinner. That place never disappoints.

-adults wearing under armour is very annoying.

-220...221, whatever it takes.

Wearing a hunter safety orange Under Armour polo right now. Pretty dope actually. And beats the hell out of a safety vest.

-I hate the new pop country. It's terrible. Love Simpson and I'll listen to his station occasionally and I love 90's pop country.

-G listens to -> Monsters and Men, Fitz, Daft Punk, Bruno... "AXAAA PWAAY HANCWAP!!! AXEEAA AXXAAA!!" Hilarious watching him try to get Alexa to listen.

-Gin Blossoms pop up in my summer Pandora easy listening/Dave channel all the time.

That song, "Body Like a Dirtroad" or whatever is awful, but it gets stuck in your head like a commercial jingle. That's basically what "country" music is now days. Jingles with a twang. Go buy your Yetis, y'all.

Has anybody else seen this 3 on 3 league featuring washed up NBA "stars"? Watching a 48 year old Chris Jackson (his momma called him "Chris" Ima call him "Chris") is a little sad. Also, when it leaves you, it leaves you. Seeing these guys that were supremely gifted athletes just 5 years ago overweight and struggling to play around the rim just proves that Father Time will always remain undefeated.

That song, "Body Like a Dirtroad" or whatever is awful, but it gets stuck in your head like a commercial jingle. That's basically what "country" music is now days. Jingles with a twang. Go buy your Yetis, y'all.

Has anybody else seen this 3 on 3 league featuring washed up NBA "stars"? Watching a 48 year old Chris Jackson (his momma called him "Chris" Ima call him "Chris") is a little sad. Also, when it leaves you, it leaves you. Seeing these guys that were supremely gifted athletes just 5 years ago overweight and struggling to play around the rim just proves that Father Time will always remain undefeated.

What do you think will happen if the USA starts promoting it?

On the surface, it looks like it would promote a different kind of athlete -- a premium on shooting and the ability to work off the dribble with one decent rebounding big. In a sense, it is more like soccer where there is far more room to work and size is not so valuable.

I could see it either taking off or going the way of the XFL.

Right now it's 40 year old fat guys going 1-on-1 while the other 4 stand around and watch. Lots of off-balance shots and defense because these air-suckers can't do what they used to.

I mean I can relate, but I'm not sure 15 year olds from coast to coast can.

Right now it's 40 year old fat guys going 1-on-1 while the other 4 stand around and watch. Lots of off-balance shots and defense because these air-suckers can't do what they used to.

I mean I can relate, but I'm not sure 15 year olds from coast to coast can.

Yeah but I can see how a bunch of 24 year olds who just missed the league could make it exciting as hell.

Yeah but I can see how a bunch of 24 year olds who just missed the league could make it exciting as hell.
That's the only way it will work, and it's what Ice Cube (somehow) assumed this thing would be.

He was expecting guys to be going Sebastian Telfair at the Rucker circa 2002. As anyone with half a brain knew, though, is it's more the Winchester YMCA on a Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT