ADVERTISEMENT

Are any of us expats in Thailand or spend a lot of time there?

I lived in Southeast Asia for 2 years for one of my jobs. Thailand was one of our favorite places to visit (and not for that reason, I’m married.)

If you go, give yourself 2-3 weeks. It take a day to get there and a day to get back and the jet lag is real. Once you’re in SE Asia, it’s easy and cheap to travel to a lot of places. I’d suggest if you’re not going for sex tourism, book something in advance and visit HK, China, Singapore, and Malaysia while you’re there.

One day in that part of the world will give you all kinds of appreciation for what we have. People living in a single wide on welfare have an exponentially better life than a poor person over there. Being born here is like winning the geographical lottery

Last edited:
Are you there or lived there? Have watched tons of YouTube videos on expats in Thailand and Vietnam. Dollar appears to go a long way, not sure what their healthcare system for expats looks like.
Thailand has excellent health care. They do a lot of medical tourism.

I lived in Southeast Asia for 2 years for one of my jobs. Thailand was one of our favorite places to visit (and not for that reason, I’m married.)

If you go, give yourself 2-3 weeks. It take a day to get there and a day to get back and the jet lag is real. Once you’re in SE Asia, it’s easy and cheap to travel to a lot of places. I’d suggest if you’re not going for sex tourism, book something in advance and visit HK, China, Singapore, and Malaysia while you’re there.

One day in that part of the world will give you all kinds of appreciation for what we have. People living in a single wide on welfare have an exponentially better life than a poor person over there. Being born here is like winning the geographical lottery
Planning to retire to Koh Samui. A lot of their people are poor but most are happier people than we are.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT