ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had a bologna sandwich since getting sick after eating one about 25 years ago. But a proper one back then, whether fried or regular, included mayo and potato chips.

Yes, worse, but I like olives.

Same buddy growing up...his Dad always had a refrigerator with at least two cases of Milwaukee's Best in it, a package of liver loaf, grippos, and a case of "Cheaps". We took to calling them Cheaps because he never had the same thing twice, and they were never anything close to name brand coke. Usually, it was Chek, Bubba Cola, Big K, or Dr. Thunder.

Cheaps, FTW.

Thinking it would be money well spent to drop some coin on a new video game system just to play the new FIFA 17. Havent had a video game system since the original playstation we had in Blanding II. May be time to get back in the game.

Looking forward to seeing some additional posts on disgusting meats.

Speaking of disgusting meat- was Pope gone for awhile or what? Seemed like everything flowed better for a few days but now all the sudden hes back.

Music scorer at a major sports venue is a tricky job. You want to poke at the other team, but now you have to be a bit more PC in your jabs. Was more odd that it was a home game for Chapman where they played a song in reference to his previous domestic incidents.

Actually knew the guy who was replaced bc he played "Take the money and run" when Cam Newton took the field at Bryant Denny during pre-game. The issue there was:
A) Nobody cared or pieced it together in the stadium before the game- most the gumps just liked that song and nodded along
B) It was harmless and somewhat funny.
C) Someone actually lost their job bc of that which is asinine.

Top grocery chains from my experience:
1. Harris Teater
2. Publix
3. Krogers
4. Trader Joes
5. Pic Pac

Sounds like just about everyone has backed out on the Tuscaloosa road trip. Disappointing, but I get it. Replicating the previous trip down here from 8 years ago is surely not going to happen. My wife probably wouldnt be too keen on having 15-20 people, some who we dont know, randomly stay at our house/hook up on floors and in closests/etc. Also the previous trip iirc, my dog spent most of the weekend roaming wildly around Tuscaloosa after someone let him out (again). Also Tom Arnold showed up and drank with us last time and I dont think he comes to games anymore. Guess I'll set me up a little tent and chairs on the Quad and send you all some snaps.

My best friend is 1/2 Hawaiian and he eats SPAM all the time. Spam and eggs were a staple breakfast item while we were in college. Talk about a hangover cure. He would fry that stuff up in the morning after a long night out, put hot sauce on it, and either puke or power back up. I even saw him wrap some diced up SPAM around some rice and seaweed. Like a hand-held redneck sushi roll. Pretty innovative, I suppose.
Yeah for some reason, SPAM = GOAT to native Hawaii folk. The wife spent 5 years there as a kid and said it was all any of the natives ate. I'd think they'd be into fresh seafood, but nope, SPAM. Hawaiians apparently just have terrible taste, which is the only explanation for Poi.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Can't discuss poor food and not talk about one of these sitting on the bottom shelf of the fridge.

31M1AU%2BW4qL._AC_UL320_SR234,320_.jpg

Grilled cheese is still awesome, Willy you stupid ass.Oh what youre too old and sophisticated for a grilled cheese?

Please read again. The bologna and cheese is the sandwich that no longer lives up to expectations. I did not mention this in the post, but I still enjoy the occasional PB & J and Grilled Cheese.

It is possible I worded it funny, but I won't admit that.

But listen here, you southern fried henpecked asshole… if you ever call me mean names again, I will make your wife's family's dreams come true. I know people.

And Boat, you ignorant sonuvabitch, I wasn't defending bologna. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Who the touch decided you were a doctor? sch

First whole beer I ever consumed. True story.

IMG_0835.JPG

8th grade. Just got done playing tennis. Hot. Sweaty. Thirsty. Nobody home. Downed it in roughly 45 seconds. So incredibly tasty.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
:joy: so the story is I laid up at The Memorial. Lol. Ok. I think we all 3 know that's not true. Was Ursch even drinking? Only thing I saw him doing was holding hands with the 2 ugliest chick's in the bar. Went beer for beer with BBdK, woke up early, delivered their breakfast, walked around and finally drug their lazy ass out of bed at 1p.

-country ham and pimento sandwich :sunglasses:

First whole beer I ever consumed. True story.

IMG_0835.JPG

8th grade. Just got done playing tennis. Hot. Sweaty. Thirsty. Nobody home. Downed it in roughly 45 seconds. So incredibly tasty.
Not me. I HATED beer the first time I drank it. Was summer before 9th grade. Buddy gave me some hot bud dry's or some other nasty shit Awful.

My sister (the smokeshow) used to eat peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. Mom accidentally packed me one one day and I thought it was peanut butter/marshmallow fluff. Omg you guys. Wow. Just glad I was drinking bud dry with it.

The leftover honey baked ham+thanksgiving turkey+mayo+cranberry sauce sandwich on Black Friday is the GOAT

Reactions: Mashburned
-Russian diplomat attacked and shot a guy. A group of athletes shot at. Athlete mugged. Pool turned green over night. Australian team robbed. Cycling course about killed a few people. All in the first week. It's not as bad so far as some media wanted it BUT let's be honest... shady shit is still happening.
Another guy killed under the arena, pool that turned green also was closed and bloomed algae then turned into a milky mess, at least 5 athletes have been robbed or assaulted, reports of sewage overflowing in the village, attendance has been terrible, food vendors have been so awful they are allowing pass outs to people to go find their own food, media buss took fire last week, the media room in the equestrian games(caught a couple stray bullets from a near by gang fight, camera fell and crushed 7 people today. Bob Costas interviewed the head of the IOC 10 days in to ask him if this was a disaster or not. Thankfully the competitors have been awesome. Golf course was pretty wodie as well.

Guess PTI is a member of the IOC. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Not sure if you know this Anth, but if it doesn't interrupt NBC's broadcast and personally impact an IOC member, then it either (a) didn't happen or (b) didn't matter.

Everything is perfect per the national broadcast that shows athletes competing and not getting robbed. Idiot.

Was I even drinking at the Memorial? Uhhh....are you touching kidding me?? I absolutely RAGED that weekend. Your a gd idiot.

Speaking of raging -- went for a light practice run in Twin Lakes today. It was kind of a bust. Saw a sign for Aspen -- 38 miles. Took the ridiculously beautiful drive, grabbed a brew, booked a last minute Airbnb, and now we're spending the evening here. Partying in disgusting workout/running gear. Marcus. This place is SICK.

If you are having multiple day hangovers, you really should probably just quit drinking. Good grief..
Guilty on multi day hangovers.

Got smashed at Green River Saturday morning, afternoon, evening, night and I'm just feeling normal.

Another guy killed under the arena, pool that turned green also was closed and bloomed algae then turned into a milky mess, at least 5 athletes have been robbed or assaulted, reports of sewage overflowing in the village, attendance has been terrible, food vendors have been so awful they are allowing pass outs to people to go find their own food, media buss took fire last week, the media room in the equestrian games(caught a couple stray bullets from a near by gang fight, camera fell and crushed 7 people today. Bob Costas interviewed the head of the IOC 10 days in to ask him if this was a disaster or not.
VS. a BOMB injuring 100+ people....Rio>>>>>Atlanta as far as that goes.

Reactions: Mashburned
Sheeeeit...I ate a piece of cold Bologna straight from the package at work Friday. Washed it down with two pieces of salami.

That's what happens when we buy lunch for everyone and there's leftovers.

/fat

Last edited:
Reactions: cawoodsct
- Ham and swiss on wheat with some spicy mustard is in my regular lunch rotation when I go home.

- Smoked bologna on white with yellow mustard is a family specialty from my childhood. Always a staple at the 4th of July family reunion.

- only time I've had regular bologna in the last decade is the $2 sammich, chips, and Ale8 special at Wilson's grocery when I'm in a hurry and don't want to spend money.

- souse is the worst cold cut of all time, barely edging out liver cheese

- pickled bologna sucks, but I love a pickled egg

- spam is truly everywhere in hawaii, even McDonald's has spam sandwiches. Haven't had it in decades, but enjoyed it as a kid.

- my first whole beer was at a super bowl party in 89, a few of my friends and I stole a beer each from our parents stashes that were sitting on the back deck

^ now you're talking.

Nobody in this thread has ever ordered a #7 at Jimmy John's, I can basically guarantee it.

Why not? Ham is unreal, and that's their ham sandwich, so why don't you all get that when you go there?

(b/c it's overrated and there are many better options)
Ha.
#7 is my go to at JJ's at the Banks. I ate it at least once a week from February to May of last year.

Ask ol' boy with the red contacts who's usually at the P.O.S. (I'm sure Chad knows who I'm talking about.)

Reactions: B Rax
Ha.
#7 is my go to at JJ's at the Banks. I ate it at least once a week from February to May of last year.

Ask ol' boy with the red contacts who's usually at the P.O.S. (I'm sure Chad knows who I'm talking about.)

Dude creeps me out.

I'm about to give up on Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken nuggets. I mean, what's the point? I've given it my best effort, with good intentions, but I just can't do it anymore.

Never had Spam, but it is indeed everywhere in Hawaii.

Nothing wrong with a Bologna and American Cheese on White.

My son's football team isn't very good, but his confidence is growing tenfold, and he is always smiling when he gets in the car after practice. [thumb2]:football:

State Fair starts later this week. Can't wait. We haven't been in a few years, but we got tickets for $2/each...pumped. Funnel cakes, cheeseburger donuts, hot sauces, etc.

More dominating athlete...Phelps or Bolt? I love Phelps, but I'm leaning Bolt.

Clark, we love our XBoxOne...though the kids only seem to play Roblox. o_O Can't wait for the new FIFA next month. Probably the main reason I pulled the trigger to upgrade from the PS3.

I've got the golf bug again, and have played a ton the past few weeks. Mainly just 4-12 holes at a time...which is much more enjoyable for me than the standard 18. And I can take my kids...it's a nice release at the end of the day. Nicklaus had a theory on this a few years ago that cutting rounds down to 12 holes would help promote the game. I think he is on to something.

I think you bunch of marrieds are like high school girls these days. Your free time is limited, so when you get a chance, you go full retard. (Tropic Thunder not demeaning the mentally challenged)

Never go full retard.

I think you bunch of marrieds are like high school girls these days. Your free time is limited, so when you get a chance, you go full retard. (Tropic Thunder not demeaning the mentally challenged)

Never go full retard.
Actually we pulled the vet move and drank 12-12. We're in the room crushing pizza laughing at BBDK by midnight. That's why I'm dumbfounded at them being hungover. My hangovers are strictly related to the amount of sleep I get. If I get 7-8 hours I'm pretty much golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT