ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on the fact that Jedrick Wills is apparently 100% to 'Bama and will announce pretty soon. I mistakenly thought he was ours all along.

Good for him, I guess. :flush:

About every 2 years or so, I'll get a craving for a bologna & American cheese sambo on good old white bread with Mayo.

Back in the day, my Mom would always make that, grilled cheese or PB&J for lunch for my friends and me during the summer.

We'd drop our baseball gloves or whatever we were playing and sprint up from the backyard for a sandwich and a glass of Kool-Aid.

Now, the first couple of bites are really good, mainly because of the nostalgia I think. But then that wears off and I won't want another one for a couple of years.

After Aroldis Chapmans 9th inning performance yesterday, the Cubs sounds guy played "Smack My Bitch Up," by someone named Prodigy.

He was fired today. :joy:

Reactions: Midway Cat
Willy defending Bologna is about the most predictable thing ever. Guy just has it written all over him.

I'm fairly certain my kids could go the rest of their lives without eating lunch. Unnecessary, ito

Yes, I'm taking country ham over just about any other deli meat out there. CITY ham? Pass. But country ham can never be overrated imo

Reactions: Midway Cat
My Applalachian heritage requires that I like fried bologna, egg and cheese on toast. Don't really have a say in the matter.

Reactions: ekywildcat
FIL murders a fried bologna sandwich with his homemade Lexington NC-style bbq sauce every other day but won't touch a normal sandwich to save his life. His sauce is good but the sandwich is gross AF. It's like eating a redneck on a plate.

Actually just looked it up, apparently corned beef is what is in a reuben, which I enjoy quite a bit. For some reason I had the image of spam in my head. Though outside of a reuben don't think I've ever had it on any other type of sandwich.

The corned beef they serve in the dining rooms at Keeneland is a guilty pleasure. Little Dijon, cabbage, potatoes...Shew.

Reactions: cawoodsct
fried bologna sandwich

Add slice of cheese, some diced onion, and cover to mesh it all together.

I'll get a craving for a bologna & American cheese sambo on good old white bread with Mayo.

Slice of tomato, salt and pepper to taste, and a sliver of onion. Now, you really want something good, and they're not for everybody, but heat you up a can of pork & beans on the stove to compliment the sammich..

/railroad food.

Reactions: ekywildcat
- Does anyone else get annoyed by the preacher/priest at a wedding talking about the couple when they obviously don't know them at all? I guess it's the gig, but I always find it awkward and put-on.

- lol BBdK bout to run Mehico's ass out of here.

Reactions: _Chase_
Spam tastes like salt. It has the texture of refried beans, but with a crust, if you fried it properly.

Not too bad, actually.

My best friend is 1/2 Hawaiian and he eats SPAM all the time. Spam and eggs were a staple breakfast item while we were in college. Talk about a hangover cure. He would fry that stuff up in the morning after a long night out, put hot sauce on it, and either puke or power back up. I even saw him wrap some diced up SPAM around some rice and seaweed. Like a hand-held redneck sushi roll. Pretty innovative, I suppose.

- Does anyone else get annoyed by the preacher/priest at a wedding talking about the couple when they obviously don't know them at all? I guess it's the gig, but I always find it awkward and put-on.

It's tricky. I've been fortunate that in every wedding I've done, I've known at least one person in the couple. And I meet with them a few times beforehand to get to know them better and find out their story, etc. That way I can at least pass for some general knowledge during the ceremony.

Even more awkward is when someone officiates a funeral that had no relationship with the person. I've had to do that twice. Best you can do is meet with the family a few times to get a picture of who the person was. I even go as far as to mention that I didn't know the person, so that it doesn't come across as fake, and then just refer to stories that the family's told me.

Tried this at a buddy's house growing up, but couldn't stomach it. Worst "sandwich meat" of all time.

7263860704_4c564b54a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT