ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a class move by K but when it comes to opposing coaches and whether or not I like them---> Team Cal 100%.

If he has beef with another coach then I trust there is a just reason.

Reactions: wcc31
Coach K pretends to do the right thing publicly when he knows it will make him look good. He's excellent about using those opportunities to allow other people to suck him off. He's a pretty solid manipulator.

Privately, you can almost guarantee he's an insufferable asshole and will knife you in the back as soon as you turn around.

Notice kids these days using "beef" as a verb.

Whereas you or I might say, correctly imo, "MaxPowerrr has a beef with the awful sandwich artist" kids today might say "MaxPowerrr is beefing with that mope who messed up his sub".

Language- always evolving, I guess.

Notice kids these days using "beef" as a verb.

Whereas you or I might say, correctly imo, "MaxPowerrr has a beef with the awful sandwich artist" kids today might say "MaxPowerrr is beefing with that mope who messed up his sub".

Language- always evolving, I guess.

I've also noticed clever hens using "adult" as a verb. It's hi-lar.

This tennis thing isn't so bad. I mean, can't say I've ever had a bottle of champagne, meat and cheese plate, oysters on the half shell at a football game.

Something about all those ladies grunting too, maybe it's the oysters talking...

I'm in high-octane "F Duke and Coach K" mode. Love how he just plugs Bloat Capel in after he had to resign over a recruiting scandal involving his top assistant...and nary a word is mentioned by the media.

Can you imagine if Cal re-hired Ortega? It would be the lead story on PTI.

^ now you're talking.

Nobody in this thread has ever ordered a #7 at Jimmy John's, I can basically guarantee it.

Why not? Ham is unreal, and that's their ham sandwich, so why don't you all get that when you go there?

(b/c it's overrated and there are many better options)

The stuff hens say on Facebook has never really affected me because I don't really ever take what they have to say seriously in the first place, BUT "adulting" has gotten to me. It's atrocious.

Team USA is giving up 81.4 ppg. I mean . . . you know what I mean?

I long for a day when some crotchety old Head Coach at Directional U. tells Coach K to hit the bricks when K asks to visit his locker room after a game (win or loss). I want the cameras to be there when it happens too. And then I want the gym at Whatever Directional U. to name their floor after ol' crotchety the very next day.

UKFB - defense is complementing the offense! I have NO IDEA how to take that.

Students show up tomorrow. My kids/wife starting a new district. My 18th year. Wheels keep on turning.

I guess I can qualify as a "lifer" now. Was talking to my good buddy who is beginning his 25th year of teaching and coaching. We had coached together 12-15 years ago, back when I was still single and stupid. He said lifers like us were rare breeds now days with everyone wanting to be in administration by 35. I was like, it hasn't been that long. This is just my . . . . and then I started counting. Damn.

Reactions: Century Cat
If you are having multiple day hangovers, you really should probably just quit drinking. Good grief.

Gotta start brushing up on my Spanish and Italian, leave in less than 2 weeks:flushed: can't wait to try some very fine ham over there.

I'm kinda with dK on the ham issue. I'm not sure if it's overrated AF, maybe just A?

If there are other cold cut options in the repertoire, you're probably not giving ham a second look. It's good, but it's not pastrami.

Remember, our Jewish friends invented delicatessens.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
On the hangover issue -- Anth nurses 4-5 Bud Lights for an entire day, of course he doesn't get hungover. Or an occasional scotch or two when he's feeling fancy with his neighbor.

At Memorial Abh and I were slamming beers, shots, bourbons, vodkas, red bulls, crispies -- Anth had 4 Bud Lights.

He may be super mature and responsible, but if he drank like a true champion he would get hungover like the rest of us. It's science. :100points:

Reactions: JustinSphere
Ham is my go to cold cut meat. Bologna is disgusting, turkey makes me gag because I'm a weirdo and for some reason can't have deli-cut turkey without being grossed out, corned beef or whatever is pretty terrible, prosciutto/salami/capicolla is good but that's a rare treat. Pretty much honey ham is my go to. Actually had that with swiss and a pickle on a hawaiian king roll for lunch today. Also my go to a jimmy john's is the #1 pepe add mustard and hot peppers - which is a ham and cheese.

Also ham is a million times better than turkey on thankgiving and christmas and those honey baked ham stores are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT