ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Gray was about to be just the JUCO savior that UK needed, until he stopped working out, got fat, ended up 5th on the depth chart (including being behind a defensive player who tried to switch back to being a QB).

73 was way out ahead of you, SAE.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but Chad has UK football figured out. Some of you are acting like this is a new thing, sucking that is. Yeah, the stadium, more expensive, yada, yada. Buy tickets from scalpers for next to nothing before game time, enjoy your frostie and Sloot's spread. Hope for the best, expect the worst and save the bitching for the first gut punch of the season. #profit

Bout time I was recognized for this.

Absolutely fng not, SAE.

For Christ's sake... Never.

And here's a tip for those wanting the Anth VIP experience.,.. Sell one of your regular tix for whatever and then flip the sweetheart working the elevator entrance to the Mezzanine Club Level 2 twenty spots and profit. Worked for the UL game last year. If I'm going to sit through the misery that is Kentucky Football I want an ice cold domesto draft in hand.

Reactions: wcc31
Quicks:

- Feel for SAE. Really do.

- Thinking about that Murray dagger in the SEC Championship. Really thought we'd make a run. Still red about that bullshit bracket.

- The only "bad" part besides the losing about attending UKFB games are the drive and the fact I'm not worth a shit until Tuesday. The tailgates, seeing everyone and the walk to and inside Commonwealthis still awesome. Nostalgia overload everytime.

- My dog is awesome. :)

- Cheer up, GYERO- best third of the year starts in 3 weeks.:scream:

I honestly can't even imagine what it would be like if UK football was really good for a year or two. Heading down to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game, checking the Playoff rankings incessantly, arguing with other teams about why we're definitely in, etc... It's so outlandish I don't even fantasize about it in my wildest dreams.

Man...what a world that would be.

I, too, would love to be a Kentucky Football again. In general, I prefer college football to college basketball, so it would be so awesome if we could actually be good at it. But 30+ years of getting kicked in the nuts wears on a person. I miss the naive optimism of youth. It's been replaced with a middle-aged cynicism, and that sucks. Having UofL football put us to shame just makes it infinitely worse. And I don't see it getting better. The cards are stacked against us in the SEC. The best we can hope for is .500 in the league and a winning record out of conference, allowing us to back into a mediocre bowl game. That's our ceiling. I would seriously trade a final four in basketball for a Sugar Bowl win in football. Not even close.

Went to Lexington over Christmas break my senior year in hs to speak to Tommy Limbaugh about walking on. Guy made it sound so awful that I didn't even consider it after the meeting. I would have stunk anyway but it would have been fun to don those uni's.

Contemplating UL Football isn't some cathartic, post-modern sense of irony, SAE; it's a catastrophe. Get it together, dude. You're better than that.

This loss of innocence concerning your UK Football fanhood is a cautionary tale. But it is a journey that needed to happen. Today is going to be a changing day in your life. I believe in you.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Know one of Lochte's best friends from college and while there aren't orgies per se, the athletes are pretty much banging any chance they get.

-Super stressed athletes with few outlets (i.e. they aren't drinking or popping pills to calm down)
-Well rested from crazy intense training, so they have more energy than normal
-Surrounded by beautiful people with perfect bodies
-Everyone is well disciplined. Your odds of contracting a disease or knocking someone up is nil
-Aside from when they're competing, there's a lot of down time
-It's the culture of the village

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Here you go SAE, you look good in white.
thumb.aspx

So, does Michael Phelps just go ahead and come out to the platform rocking Gator boots, a pimp cup and a cane from here on out?

He's pretty much gone straight gangster this Olympics. Totally winning the IDGAF challenge.

Went to Lexington over Christmas break my senior year in hs to speak to Tommy Limbaugh about walking on. Guy made it sound so awful that I didn't even consider it after the meeting. I would have stunk anyway but it would have been fun to don those uni's.

I actually did have this discussion, and it didn't sound that bad. In fact, one of my teammates did it, and ended up with a scholarship. Another transferred in from a smaller college, and ended up starting.

Doug Pelfrey (played in the NFL)
Jeff Brady (played in the NFL)
Matt Riazzi
Rob Manchester
Etc.

Yes, being a walk on sucks, but it wasn't THAT miserable. We're not talking #1 Notre Dame/tiny Rudy stuff here. But there were plenty of opportunities available for kids wanting to put in the work.

I like the concept of Kentucky football more than the execution of Kentucky football.

Frankly, I love everything about it. The sport. The colors. Fall. Waking up Saturdays watching Gameday (knowing our game will never even be mentioned much less broken down). That it's not do or die like basketball. That pretty much every big win is an upset. Derrick Ramsey. George Adams. Randy Holleran. Jeff Snedegar. Kio Sanford.

That doesn't mean I think we'll be any good, or that "this is the year." I know that we're one of the least talented teams in the league, and that our coaching is suspect, and that we'll be lucky to win 6 games this year. You can be a realist without being a pessimist. Look man, I spend 90% of my waking hours doing shit I don't necessarily enjoy. Work, errands, chores, running, dealing with kids. Those 3 hours are a respite. Plus, it allows me to drink beer before noon without so much as a sideways look from the old lady.

It's always been a part of my life, and it always will be.

(THAT SAID, it's way better from a distance. I couldn't see spending thousands of dollars every year -- even if I had it to spend -- on a product that will ultimately disappoint me.)

Anth has it right except for the UK football season ticket part...would be perfect if he didn't go to games.

Buy appreciating asset close to the stadium
Host gameday tailgate
Soak up the atmosphere
Watch the game on tv and other games
Enjoy

Attending the game is a lose lose imo. Everything else is a win win.

This describes me precisely. I used to live for that shit, and is a huge reason the last 2 places I've lived were near CWS.

Of course, I'm ~10-15(?) years older than most around here, so maybe that's part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcat1973
Seeing Century go from passionate UK football fan to what he is today is like seeing my future.

I know it's coming. Hell, in some ways it's already started. The Vandy and UL games last season damn near broke me. When the kid arrives in October, it's probably going to kick in even further. If we go 5-7 or limp dick into a 6-6 season and December trip to lovely Shreveport, that'll start putting nails in the coffin.

Thankfully, I've got a great patio with a TV at home for watching games. Walk over, tailgate, walk home, watch game, drink bourbon out of something besides a flask, profit.

Last Sunday on the 630 Sunday Morning Call In.., Wodie's favorite, Anthony White, said that Moe Williams was working with our running backs as a Grad Asst or some other title. Vaught backed it up.

Also, Vaught had at least 4 "CHAINCES" thrown in during his segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT