ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
bartram%20crash%205_20160812132749987_5654390_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Never know what you'll come across

KRS 150.425 Bounty on Beaver

(1) Upon adoption of a resolution by the fiscal court that beaver exist within the county in such quantities that they present a threat to the preservation of farmland, trees, and other property, the fiscal court may request the department to pay a bounty on beaver. Upon receipt of the resolution, a bounty on beaver of ten dollars ($10) for each beaver shall be paid in the following manner. Upon the presentation of the tail of any beaver, any conservation officer of the department shall issue a receipt, in the form as prescribed by the commission, to the person presenting the tail.............

Oh. Well, here are the actual reasons.

1.) We suck
2.) You guys aren't very fun any more
3.) While greatly appreciated, Sleeping on couches & scrambling for guest rooms becomes less desirable with each passing year. Spending a few hundo on room & board for UK touching football every weekend isn't really an option I would consider -- neither is staying sober and doing the 'up and back' for this particular product.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Anth has it right except for the UK football season ticket part...would be perfect if he didn't go to games.

Buy appreciating asset close to the stadium
Host gameday tailgate
Soak up the atmosphere
Watch the game on tv and other games
Enjoy

Attending the game is a lose lose imo. Everything else is a win win.

Reactions: JustinSphere
It's time 73, Adrian, Richie, Bonz, and me consider just being UofL football fans.

5 minute drive from home. Power 5 schedule. Beers. W's. Louisville.

Merits discussion, really.

Here's the rebuttal
1) We have always sucked at football. Just ask Chad.
2) We are a lot of fun. You have only hung out with us for about 20 minutes in the middle of the day in the last 6 months. (except for the golf trip)
3) This I understand, but Pope is always looking for house guests.

Reactions: wcc31 and B.B.d.K.
I dropped season tickets and feel completely liberated. Fully embracing watching the games from the porch/couch with as many collides as I want (no Loge pass required). I'm sure there will be mornings when I'm nostalgic for the drive down 64 to #TheNewCWS, but I'll snap out of it right around the first time our checkerboard-clad boys give up a touchdown on 3rd and 14. Being able to flip back and forth between games featuring good teams will be a bonus as well.

Reactions: Stonewall12
I dropped season tickets and feel completely liberated. Fully embracing watching the games from the porch/couch with as many collides as I want (no Loge pass required). I'm sure there will be mornings when I'm nostalgic for the drive down 64 to #TheNewCWS, but I'll snap out of it right around the first time our checkerboard-clad boys give up a touchdown on 3rd and 14. Being able to flip back and forth between games featuring good teams will be a bonus as well.

How close are you to Floyd and Central?

73 was way out ahead of you, SAE.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but Chad has UK football figured out. Some of you are acting like this is a new thing, sucking that is. Yeah, the stadium, more expensive, yada, yada. Buy tickets from scalpers for next to nothing before game time, enjoy your frostie and Sloot's spread. Hope for the best, expect the worst and save the bitching for the first gut punch of the season. #profit

Reactions: parrott and wcc31
I figured actually stepping foot in the stadium was a low priority anyhow. What's the point? The wave? Cotton-Eyed Joe? Throwing the football out of the stadium? The band? Nah.

Reactions: BernieSadori
UK/UofL in Louisville is awesome...my one weekend every other year where I get a poor man's Anth experience.

1.) 2 miles to Stadium, could walk if I wanted
2.) Free PNC club tix, bourbon/beers in game, all the amenities.
3.) Back on couch within 10 minutes of leaving stadium, sleep in my own bed.

You guys are welcome to join Brooksie and I -- we *crush* that day.

Tremendous comeback imo.

Look, I'm not going anywhere. I've been in this marriage for a long damn time. I admit that I am, however, in the strangest, darkest place I have ever been with UK football and I don't know what to do about it. It sucks. It's my sports #1 and by a good margin. I want to get it back. I want to fix this. If there was such a thing as sports fan counseling I'd be willing to do that with UK football. I mean God damn, I don't know how many cries for help I have to put out there but I've been doing it since the clock expired on the UofL game last November.

I just want it to be like it used to be. I want to be an optimist again. I want to mark Florida and/or Tennessee down as W's preseason. I want to fly my K flag around Louisville on August 12th again because I'm a god damn Kentucky Wildcat. I want to get goosebumps when I hear an ACDC song in the middle of February that reminds me of the Gridiron Cats. I want to daydream about listening to the Stones rolling down 64 on a Saturday morning. I want to believe again.

I just need something. Anything. I am, quite honestly, desperately interested in being a Kentucky Football again. Help me. Please.

Last edited:
So it was my Junior year in HS...at UK Football camp...and one of the assistant coaches comes to my dorm room..."Coach Curry wants to see you in his office." :scream::grimace::football::) Was I going to get a look as a potential walk on? I had had a pretty good camp to that point...wow, this is really cool. Coach Curry, for real???

15 minutes later...

"I hate to call you in here like this, but your cousin (who was also at the camp) is in a lot of trouble. He has been mooning the cheerleaders and there have been several complaints from the cheerleading camp people. We're going to have to send him home. Can you help us with this?"

o_O
:eek:
:flushed:
:uzi:
:flush:

:100points:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT