ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
~The bugginess of the current iteration of Rivals is ridiculous. The site has had more issues in the last six months than in the previous ten years.

~Loved seeing the Russians get their comeuppance last night. Lana getting the face full of wedding cake was predictable, but satisfying. Did you know Lana used to be an FSU cowgirl with Jenn Sterger?

~I'll put 4-8 out there as the football record. We may be decent on offense, but we won't be able to stop anyone from running the ball at will. We're already down a starting DT from a thin unit. Your offense can't score if it's on the sidelines watching some second string SEC RB do his best Emmitt Smith out there 7.8 yards at a time.

~First long range winter forecasts are beginning to trickle out. Joe Bastardi seems to think it will be pretty much awful and right on par with 14-15. Hopefully we'll get a decent fall beforehand if we're gonna be slammed with yet another awful winter.

~Dropped by the vet yesterday to pick up the dog's food, allergy pills, and special shampoo. Come home to a post card from said vet alerting me that both dogs are due for annual vaccines. Awesome. They should seriously send me a fruit basket or a bottle of bourbon for Christmas. PSA - Basset Hounds are great pets, but they have a million issues.

~Tried to watch Bloodline. Got through about five episodes and lost interest. I really don't care about the central mystery and none of the main characters are redeemable or enough of a badass anti-hero (Tony Soprano, Walter White) to hook me.

~Matt Damon. Still not Chinese.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Really anxiously awaiting BBDK's Eli rundown. [sick] Here, let me save him the time of typing 6 paragraphs about his trip.$

Humble brag, humble brag, $300 bottles of Scotch. Uncle Ben, hoverboard. Greatest gamboler ever, didnt lose 1 single bet all weekend, always wins, made 32 bets this weekend and won every single one of them. Went down with $74, came home with $4500 because Im the only gamboler in America that has never lost. Chase is a fag. Hit the ball better than anyone ever in the history of golf, couldve challenged Jim Fyruk's 58 if I could putt, greatest ball-striking weekend of my life. Won at gambol, Andy Roborts, Meemommie, Killa, Uncle Ben, Uncle Ben, Uncle Ben. Chocobutter, tetris, shitty mexican food, hungover, Im great. F5 tornado.

Hey Hank youre insane pal. Smokeshow it is.

Here's the deal and this is just the world talking, not simply Ol' CClark- the Olympics are gonna be over with in like a few hours and outside of maybe a subtle reminder or video clip every 4 years of this "rivalry"- nobody is going to remember this story. But that Russian will be hot long after the Olympics are over.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Tuesday Shorts:

- It's funny reading that ABH post because I hate BBdK too.

- Some Classic Late 80s/Early 90s Country Tuesday 5:

1. Confederate Railroad "Daddy Never Was The Cadillac Kind"
2. Shenandoah "Two Dozen Roses"
3. John Anderson "Seminole Wind"
4. BlackHawk "Goodbye Says It All"
5. George Strait "Marina del Rey

- I get it. I really do. But Brad Calipari gets a pass from me.

- I love when Clever Sportswriter thinks that American sports should borrow rules/ways of going about things from European soccer. Has become a cliche.

- Nobody wants to say it but if you ever take a good look at most NFL cheerleaders, they're not as hot as one would think. Upon closer observation, they look like the kind of broads who would frequent Boat's boat on Crab Island*.

(*) Miami/SD/Dallas/Arizona/etc. being exceptions to this.

- Favorite Players of My Youth:

Baseball- Eric Davis, Tony Gwynn
Basketball- Eddie Davender
Football- James Brooks

- Nobody wants to say it but if you ever take a good look at most NFL cheerleaders, they're not as hot as one would think. Upon closer observation, they look like the kind of broads who would frequent Boat's boat on Crab Island*.

There's an actual thing for this called the Cheerleader Effect.

Walker and Vul posit that the cheerleader effect arises from the interplay of three different visuo-cognitive processes. First, whenever we view a set of objects like an array of dots or a group of faces, our visual system automatically computes general information about the entire set, including average size of group members, their average location, and even the average emotional expression on faces. Thus although the group contains many individual items, we naturally perceive those items as a set, and form our impressions on the basis of the collective whole.

In addition, the impression that we have of the group as a wholeinfluences our perception of any one individual item. We tend to view individual members as being more like the group than they actually are. Thus when we see a face in a crowd, we tend to perceive that face as similar to the average of all the faces in that crowd.

As it turns out, we find average faces very attractive. Composite faces, which are generated by averaging individual faces together, are rated as significantly more attractive than the individual faces used to create them. According to Walker and Vul, if presenting a face in a group causes us to perceive that face as more similar to the average, we are likely to find that face more attractive.

Reactions: wcc31
I want some Oakleys baaaad. Thing is- I only want them for very limited occasions, such as running- so I can't justify spending $100+. They would never be my go-to shades. For some reason, I've always liked them even though they are somewhat cheesy.

Had some of these when I was 14- eventually traded them for some shoes or something.

3765798625_707503bfe5.jpg

It could be argued that Brad's commitment was the second biggest day in the history of Kentucky basketball. Not argued extremely well, but using the same logic Cal used the first time he said, it could be argued.

I'm having to stock up on Ray-Bans, Duckhead, Op, English Leather, and Sebagos since I'm back on the market. Got to get back in style. :sunglasses:[thumb2]

Reactions: Mashburned
Pull the trigger on them while you still can, Chad. Otherwise you're looking at this - "Hmmm. Those are a little expensive. Saw a pair of Nopeleys at TJ Maxx that look exactly the same and cost $5.99. Just buy those!"

Spending $100+ on stuff like shades and gym shoes is akin to $100 bar tabs and actually paying covers to get into bars for me these days. It's stuff I didn't think twice about 10-15 years ago (hell, we'd amass $20 in covers, $150+ nights out routinely), but would feel like a complete idiot doing today.

I'm having to stock up on Ray-Bans, Duckhead, Op, English Leather, and Sebagos since I'm back on the market. Got to get back in style. :sunglasses:[thumb2]

The best style you can get as a single dude is being in shape. HIT THE PAVEMENT and the gym, buddy. Force yourself to do it until it becomes part of your routine. With the opportunities afforded by mobile and internet dating, there is no better time to re-enter the market. I know it's tough and the idea of it sounds overwhelming, but jump in. I think you'll like being a bachelor sooner than later. Lots of opportunity await. You can do it.

Reactions: _Chase_
Just checked 4 random NFL cheerleading squads(Texans, Broncos, Chiefs and Titans) and surprisingly......

........most are hot.

Thanks Chad. Working on losing weight currently. Doing a pretty intense diet (HMR) and have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. That will slow down, obviously, but nice start. I also need to join a gym. There's one very close to me and I have no excuse to not use it. I just had a physical and all is well besides my weight. Getting physically fit will boost my mood and confidence, then I can turn my attention toward jumping back into dating. It does feel overwhelming, but for the first time in 20+ years I have the time to really focus on myself. Pretty sad WS is taken, though, tbh. It's a shame she had to settle for Anth.

Thanks Chad. Working on losing weight currently. Doing a pretty intense diet (HMR) and have lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. That will slow down, obviously, but nice start. I also need to join a gym. There's one very close to me and I have no excuse to not use it. I just had a physical and all is well besides my weight. Getting physically fit will boost my mood and confidence, then I can turn my attention toward jumping back into dating. It does feel overwhelming, but for the first time in 20+ years I have the time to really focus on myself. Pretty sad WS is taken, though, tbh. It's a shame she had to settle for Anth.

There you go. You're going to be fine. It's not like 15 years ago where you had to rely on friends, work, church or bars to meet people. There are women of all ages looking to date from your phone. Work on you and then get back out there.

Wasn't aware that two minutes of Google research was on my restraining order. Oh well, it was enough to verify Chad was wrong.

Just get TRT like every other dude over 40 and start lifting weights. So long as your heart doesn't explode, you'll be set

Reactions: legalbeagle123
In regards to living in NKy, a major consideration to me is avoiding the Brent Spence Bridge. No thanks. I'll stay in Campbell County. That thing scares the bejeezus out of me.

I want some Oakleys baaaad. Thing is- I only want them for very limited occasions, such as running- so I can't justify spending $100+. They would never be my go-to shades. For some reason, I've always liked them even though they are somewhat cheesy.

Had some of these when I was 14- eventually traded them for some shoes or something.

3765798625_707503bfe5.jpg

Making the plunge and getting some of these so I can finally see the world like its supposed to be seen. There is a place in OTR where you can try them on and order them, this way I wont have to scream at Anth, BBDK and PTI at golf tournaments because I cant see the red line in the green grass.

http://enchroma.com/

Bumpkin. Live a little. Every trip on the BSB is an adventure in cherishing each moment with your loved ones!

Cincinnati/NKY Bridge Power Rankings

1. Roebling- iconic, really
th

2. Daniel Carter Beard- but you call it the Big Mac bridge or GTFO, imo

th

3. Purple People Bridge- admittedly harder to drive over and trickier to navigate when police are out

th

4. Clay Wade Bailey- easy way to sneak home after Bengals' games

clay-wade-bailey-bridge-michael-rucker.jpg

5. Anderson Ferry- NOTE: not a bridge

th

6. Brent Spence Bridge- BLOCKED BY THE BRIDGE!

brent-spence-bridge-i71-75.jpg

Roebling's easily #1. My #2- in an upset- the Combs-Hehl Bridge.

* Is it weird that my 3 all-time favorite Reds are black? Joe Morgan, Eric Davis, Barry Larkin

* Glad to see the Reds find a new way to lose last night. 4-0 lead heading into the 9th. Walk in the tying run with 2 outs then hit the next guy for a walk off loss. Oh well, that little month of success was fun while it lasted.

* I'm currently enjoying a 7-day free trial at Anytime Fitness. The one near my house is very bare bones - Anth wouldn't consider it. But I enjoy the 24/7 access and the fact that it is only 5 minutes away.

It has plenty of cardio equipment, free weights and the other shit I would use. But I wouldn't mind getting back into spinning classes again. They don't have anything like that.

Hell, they don't even have a locker room. 3 bathrooms, 2 have showers. They are nice showers and very clean, but come on.

* David Bowie is providing me with my work soundtrack currently. Cage the Elephant on deck.

* 4 year old had her first soccer practice of the season last night. Marge is the head coach. Asst coach is some big dude who reminds me of Tackleberry from Police Academy. His son is on the team. 5 years old and literally twice as big as my daughter.

He unleashed a cannon shot that knocked the wind out of a little girl from about 5 feet away. When it was clear she would be OK, I couldn't stop smiling. She flew backwards a good 10 feet. The best part was, he was trying to pass it to her.

* Reggie Meant really isn't that good. But that is a position we can ill afford to lose a starter.

I still don't even know what he did. Oh well. Next man up. SEC EAST CHAMPS.

Reactions: Midway Cat
What are some other occasions to wear those wrap-around Oakleys?

Softball game?
Air show?
State fair?
Big 10 football tailgate?

Looks like something a hen pecked southern golfer would wear if his wife let him.

Do they come with pastel colored croakies and a Roll Tide decal?

Alright, slow down Wildcat Willy. Let somebody else post a few times.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT