ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
160801091826-matt-damon-great-wall-film-exlarge-169.jpg

Reactions: Mashburned
And before Dennis chimes in, the calls/shift post was mainly to make fun of myself for scheduling such an absurd schedule. NOT COMPLAINING.

Re: the hours and shifts, anesthesia is a little different than others in a large trauma center. Us and surgeons literally have to be available within minutes for all sorts of emergencies, and it's really hard to staff for that. Options are long shifts and pray you get a little rest/sleep, or do a night shift system (like swimmer's program did).

Despite the absurdity of the 24 hr shifts, if you're lucky and get to sneak a few hours of sleep in (maybe 1/3 of time) you still get your post call day off. Nice to have a random weekday (like today for me) to get real life things done.

And interestingly, and most of this data is from surgery and medicine residents, the institution of the 80 hr workweek restrictions that were made in the 00's have actually led to increased errors made because there are more transitions in care (hand offs from one team to another).

But as it is, residents are completely at the mercy of their institution. Basically no rights, poor pay, no negotiating power (pay set in advance by fed govt), and literally no alternatives.

BUT...I still like my job. Not complaining, just stating realities that are out there.

Meh, too easy. Gonna let this one slide. Think you've done enough.

Reactions: GrandePdre
Re: triathlon, swimming will be fine. Just a quarter mile. I'm no Bonzo or ukswimmer, but I grew up competitively swimming and can hold my own.

I'm just hoping not to end up in some sort of bike pile up, truthfully. I mean if the GD Olympians are crashing left and right, w in tf kind of chance do I stand? But again I've never been ticketed for speeding on a bike, so I'm sure I won't be going fast enough to actually hurt myself.

Reactions: bbonds
Team handball is dope though. Played that in gym class way back. I think Kentucky should give up on HS football and focus on creating a culture of team handball powerhouses tbh.

Would love to play that. Looks fun as hell. Watched a good deal of Aussie rules football whilst down under (because nothing else worth a damn is on) and that too looks fun.

Re: triathlon, swimming will be fine. Just a quarter mile. I'm no Bonzo or ukswimmer, but I grew up competitively swimming and can hold my own.

I'm just hoping not to end up in some sort of bike pile up, truthfully. I mean if the GD Olympians are crashing left and right, w in tf kind of chance do I stand? But again I've never been ticketed for speeding on a bike, so I'm sure I won't be going fast enough to actually hurt myself.
You'll be fine. That Olympic course was crazy technical, a little moist and those fools were taking chances trying to win the race at 50+ MPH. In a sprint tri you'll likely be on a closed course and basically flat. If you see someone who looks uncomfortable then just get away from them.

-Rugby looks really fun.

Just working real hard to be real tough. This ain't the university of Reggie Meant. Please join me Wednesday at the PokéWalk where we will tour the stadium looking for pikachu, and afterwards we will have refreshments and face painting for the children while Eddie takes questions from crowd.

Matt Damon has a new movie coming out called The Great Wall. His character is apparently around in 12th century China with absolutely no explanation at all. Everyone else is actually Chinese. Nice to see barriers broken down. Maybe Will Smith can play a Viking next summer.
Saw that too. And is he fighting monsters or people? Honestly couldn't tell.

Rugby was fun as hell, even if after playing it through college and law school I can no longer remember names or phone numbers.

Reactions: 80 Proof
So we just lose one of our key returning defensive linemen in Day 3 of camp and that's that? No explanation? Just is what it is?

Good work, Mark. Jesus Christ.

3/1 odds a contract extension comes before November 1st, btw. Can't afford to fire the idiot and can't hinder his recruiting. Mitch Special.

I sure hope Reggie Meant wasn't one of those guys who was "looking bigger, faster, stronger".

Oh well. We're just getting started, bro.

No. That's stupid. There's enough stupid associated with the Bengals as is, no need to add to it.

Plus Cincinnati had a minor league indoor football team named the Silverbacks already and it failed. It's like I'm the only one that cares about minor league ball history around here anymore.
Did you post this to get my goat? The Silverbacks were an indoor soccer team, not football.

You'd think you'd learn that on day one of your newfound Cincinnati minor league soccer fanhood.

ICYMI, the best thing to come out of #Harambe is the meme "Dicks Out for Harambe," which was still lighting up my Twitter feed as of a few weeks ago. It's not what it sounds like, maybe.

My apologies. The failed minor league sports teams in Cincinnati run together sometimes.

Their name is legion, if you will.

Well if the Cincinnati Revolution fold, I don't know how I'll react.

If you can't rely on the AUDL to support its teams, I'm not sure what's left for me to believe in, maybe the ACO?

I like watching Olympic swimming, but I don't follow Olympic swimming. So when I tuned in tonight to watch this cat fight between our trash talking gal and the Russian, my Patriotism was tested y'all. Good. Ness.

Olympic swimming is the best event. It's fast but not track fast where a 100 is over in 9 seconds giving it sustained drama that can be crazy tense. Love it.

- I've been to about 40 states...none have been as naturally beautiful as Northern Michigan. Just an incredibly beautiful area I'm in. Basically in Canada.

- Living about 40 minutes north of Traverse City where my office is. I actually have wild porcupines and a bald eagle nest in my yard.

- Have yet to go out on the town up here. Weekends look pretty dope with basically everyone heading to the lakes up this way.

- Working directly for a candidate for this election, glad to get experience on this side of politics...but much more boring than trying to get state congressman/senators to vote for a cause.

- Rewatching the second season of True Detective. Not as bad as I thought the first time I watched it. Still doesn't compare to the first.

- Jonah Ryan is the funniest character on TV right now, then Ehrlich Bachman...at least until Curb comes back.

Reactions: MotorCityKat
A lot of national parks...haven't been to Yosemite, but most of the other major ones (Everglades, Grand Canyon, Black Hills, Great Smokey Mountains, etc)...Way north in Michigan is about as scenic as it gets, not even the national parks...just the entire area. Gorgeous.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrandePdre
A lot of national parks...haven't been to Yosemite, but most of the other major ones (Everglades, Grand Canyon, Black Hills, Great Smokey Mountains, etc)...Way north in Michigan is about as scenic as it gets, not even the national parks...just the entire area. Gorgeous.
Just off the top of my head you left off - Yellowstone, Glacier, Tetons and about 4 in Utah. Not to mention Rocky Mtn NP. All blow Northern Michigan away. It's nice but doesn't compare to those.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
I mean nobody is buying Northern touching Michigan as the most beautiful place in the country. But that's not important. The important question is - do they have a Smoque?

A lot of truth to what Clark said...

Christ, I haven't been to every single state park in the country. This is among the scenic areas I have been, just a very remote and natural area. I'll be in Mackinac Island State Park this weekend...supposed to be the best of Northern Michigan.

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT