Mashburned
krazykats
BookerNoe
Tskware
kybobcat

Posters who have not:
drxman

:(

-Lol at Bob going all Debbie Downer on the Eli. You're right, Pal. Not your cup of tea. Stay at the lake.

-Also, if we make a bowl game you can bet your ass Bob will be motivated to lose some LBs. I'll just offer him 2grr to drop it.

-I hate making any post directed at him, much less 2, now he's going to be replying all day.

-Mr. Robot season 2 finally moving forward a bit.

-Mousetrap has become a lunch staple. Solid cold cut is basically my preferred lunch these days.

-Is 1 too young for the Newport Aquarium? Will he enjoy that or a waste of time?

So Cynthiana let someone deface the side of an opera house with a fn Walking Dead mural and now they have declared today Walking Dead Day which is the most nky/ohioan thing I'll ever see.

I was listed AFTER Rainman? Jesus, PTI. That hurts.

maybe even avoiding the fate that awaited Urschel in 2009, when he finished dead last with a two-round score of 249.

I know we joke about spitting drinks on monitors, but I actually did when I read that. Just hit me funny. Hell, I probably wouldn't have done much better under the circumstances.

I am curious how Cynthiana handles the influx of people. Expecting 5x the town population.

I am curious how Cynthiana handles the influx of people. Expecting 5x the town population.

I don't think they'll have THAT many people. If anything, the reports of 30K may actually make it lower just b/c some people won't want to deal with the crowds/traffic. Probably more like 15-18K, I'm guessing.

They have(I believe) every single public school parking lot(four elementary schools, a high school, and a middle school, plus a football stadium) available and will have shuttles at each. Will definitely be a challenge, though.

And to Mashburned's point....it's a small town that's seen its share of tough times. Two of its native sons have created the highest-rated program on cable TV. I can see criticizing the mural as tacky, but the fact that those two guys came from the same small town gives it something to celebrate.

13731605_616979698479715_3802551308034960894_n.png

-I think 5 wins as well. We beat Vandy and lose to USC. Missing a bowl game is inexcusable. The top of the schedule is brutal but all the winnable games are in Lexington other than Mizzou. That's pretty much the bar with this team. Bowl or bust.

-Never watched a second of Walking Dead.

-Little man loves being out in public and different colors. Thinking off taking off late next week and looking for something we could do to get out of the house.

-Headed over to check out the Rupp Renovations, can't wait to see it without that stupid speaker hanging in the middle.

I think it's awesome that they're doing Walking Dead Days. I've never watched it but it definitely has a mega following and if it can help Cynthiana that's great. I just want to see how they handle the influx. I hope they pull it off well.

I just don't see the reason to destroy an entire wall like that. Somebody will have to paint it. That building is probabaly historical and means a lot to that small town. Something these hipster fanboys of some trendy, horribly cheesy written show won't ever understand.

How is that any different than all of the murals throughout Lexington. They paid the same artist to come in and do the one in Cynthiana. Those guys are from there. It's a tribute to them and will likely help bring a few tourism dollars to the area from people who serious fans of the show.

Reactions: Midway Cat
A players only meeting before the season starts? I've never even heard of such a thing. And no players only meeting has ever worked mid season but by God we all were praying they would in the Tubby era when the annual one would inevitably happen. Players only meeting guys! Get ready to roll! [eyeroll]

South Carolina is going to be terrible. Worst than the 3-9 they posted last year. football people I trust say the situation there is similar to what Stoops found after 3 years of Joker.

We go 6-6, win the games we won last year & take down Vandy

Reactions: 80 Proof
I just don't see the reason to destroy an entire wall like that. Somebody will have to paint it. That building is probabaly historical and means a lot to that small town. Something these hipster fanboys of some trendy, horribly cheesy written show won't ever understand.

The building IS historical. But not that back wall. I didn't even realize that wall was connected to that building. So like PTI said, slapping a mural up there that has already drawn tons of visitors has done more for the town than "preserving" that wall ever would.

LC, the Opera House is an old movie theater(with a balcony) that was on its last legs until a couple of local guys brought it back to life a few years back and started showing movies again. Then it was about to close again due to the digitalization of movies until Kirkman himself donated a new digital projection system. As a kid who probably saw 100 movies there growing up, it's pretty cool to see that it's survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT