-Superlurker engaged.
-WCC engaged and possibly married.
-BBdks knocked up
-MCFs knocked up
-SAE w/ #2
-Richie posting takes a well deserved turn
-We make a bowl game
-We make the final four
-Bob gets it together and drops 40lbs and gets engaged.

Should be a fairly eventful next year. Pretty stoked. Can I hook up an 11 team parlay on that action? 150:1

Oh, yeah, I'll give you 125-1 action that not all 11 things above happen in the next 12 months. $100? Sure.

Anth is a hen for sure. Did love his Bavette's recommendation tonight. Place is dope. 42 day aged prime ribeye ftw.

Book of Mormon was hilarious. Sure I had a lot of scotch, but that was funny.

I've tried to bring back the Christmas party but have met with negative energy. Seems Hamburg would be convenient for Louisville and Cinncinnati folk.

Traverse city be fun in the summer, miserable the rest of the year. Hope you like fudge Tommy.

Would like to hear some Bonzo glory stories. Who's on a better tear, him or Pti?

Last edited:
Read the article, not just the Tweet.

The key takeaway from the article - and what should have been told in the tweet - is not that flossing hasn't been proven to prevent cavities, but that flossing hasn't been proven to prevent gum disease. That's far more interesting.

There is absolutely nothing interesting about flossing studies.

Cincinnati is a cool town, has a much more "downtown/big city" feel than Columbus even though Columbus is bigger. I love the Skyline and they had some really cool rooftop bars we went to, and this museum place where you can walk around and have drinks. Columbus needs something cool like that. Also wish Columbus had an NFL or NBA or MLB team, I'm just not into the NHL or MLS though I've heard the Columbus Crew games are fun. Goetta and Skyline chili do suck though.

We immigrated here and moved to Cincinnati when I was 6 years old. No one in my family knew shit about sports but I was in Cincy when they went to the superbowl with the Icky Shuffle so I was a Bengals fan growing up. Also pretty much rooted for all the Ohio teams even though we moved to 3rd world West Virginia in the 3rd grade and was definitely the only one in my family who cares about sports. When I went to UK everything changed though and now I really only care about UK basketball and just casually follow the Bengals, and am in the middle of buckeye country and find it nauseating. Also for some reason Columbus is a Cleveland pro city - if the browns and bengals are playing at the same time they'll show the Browns game, more cleveland fans etc which is [sick]

I have always had a great time in Columbus. Tons of young people. I could live there. It's not nearly as pretty as Cincinnati with all the hills and views. Columbus is flat as a pancake.

Ya Columbus is really flat and really spread out. I love living in Columbus, it is a great city, but the flatness and the fact it is so spread out gives it a pretty lame "downtown" and you never really get much of a city feel like you do with Cincy or Cleveland.

Wednesday Shorts:

- Makes me sick to see UNC slithering out of this 25+ year cheating scandal. Love how they're just throwing their impressive academic rep completely under the bus to keep the basketball team clean. Yes, it's just a coincidence all this started when Duke became a powerhouse. It's all just an academic issue...even though it began with basketball players and the classes had a huge number of athletes... and over half the damn 2005 national championship squad had this fake major. What a deceitful and crooked shithole.

- The only thing that makes you appreciate it is that it proves what many of us have thought for years- UNC and Dean Smith are nothing but phonies.

- MKG is on Woj's latest podcast. He's not the best interview, but I loved hearing from my favorite player from the Calipari era.

- Lonnie Walker's dad is pushing hard for the kid to get out of Philly, which could be huge for us. I'd love to add him to guys like Young and Diallo. Pure stroke and good athlete, as well.

- Hold up on your Villanova hype- Omari Spellman is having some eligibility issues. He's about their only big.

- I'm shocked, just shocked Tyrann Mathieu turned out to be a stud NFL player. I mean, he smoked weed in college. Slide him to the 4th round!

-

- MKG is on Woj's latest podcast. He's not the best interview, but I loved hearing from my favorite player from the Calipari era.
-

False. Tyler Ulis was deemed the favorite Wildcat of all time just a few months ago. Thanks.

-Was a pallbearer yesterday for my Uncle. He was the man. Vietnam vet. Engineer. Married for 49 years. Parrot Head. Raised two daughters. Loved cold beer and golf. Got flowers sent to his visitation from both Shenanigans and The Bonnycastle Club. As my dad eulogized, he "did what he was supposed to do."

Any family loss is difficult (obviously), but man, losing patriarchs like him leave behind a massive void.

-Taps is tough as nails.

-The first two weeks of August every year I feel a sense of dread thinking about two-a-days. Easily the worst part of playing football. Hated August.

-3 day golf trip to Pinehurst booked for next summer. Pretty stoked.

-"I've taken the wings from chickens..." still makes me chuckle randomly. Wish I had that entire post somewhere. Whose masterpiece was that?

-Any idea what I should be looking at cost wise for wooden stairs and about 8' of railing with a small gate?

-Thank God Anth upgraded one of his BGE. Long overdue.

-No fall wedding should get a pass, but I get September/October as being ideal weather months for them.

-Pretty excited to give a toast at my little bro's rehearsal dinner later this month. Been too long since I've had the floor with a strong buzz and an attentive audience.

Last edited:
Bachelor party in Chattanooga this weekend. Staying at a dope VRBO house on the river overlooking the city. Going to get rowdy Friday night and do rafting on the Ocoee Saturday AM, then hit some local spots.

27c1b6a1-b572-4277-99a9-dff6a0830667.1.10

@CClarkUK any recs on where to go out either night for dinner/bar scene?

Reactions: wcc31
Somebody better screen grab those 11 Carnac predictions given the record of keeping up with one golf majors bet.

11? Is that a play on the tips to avoid frustrating your bartender?

Mowers... I wish I were more mechanically inclined. Nothing like the helpless feeling I get when trying to troubleshoot something like a lawn mower.

Sports & kids - I remember really being into baseball as a kid. Will it still be around (or recognizable/similar to the way it is) in 30 years? I guess the regional aspect will save it but I'm not sure kids care that much about it now unless they play it religiously.

Geese - if you have a choice, do the middle of the Ocoee. The upper is the Olympic course but middle has more Class 4s. I've done both, was just there 10 days ago but this advice is not just from me but a long time guide.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
How about those sneaky Redlegs? Walk off HR by one of the players UKO deemed as not major league caliber just yesterday. And that was fresh off of being named the AAA player of the month.

Win one of the next 2 vs the Western Ky Cardinals and the Reds will have won 6 straight series.

Actually had a winning record in July.

If their pitching stays healthy next year, and that's a big IF looking at what happened this year, I think they can hover around .500. Possibly contend in 2018.

Just got an e-card from Sprint for our anniversary. Got my first celly 15 years ago- right as I was getting ready to start my ninth and final semester at UK. :scream:

Jrose...Probably not. Pretty soon there will only be soccer minus using a soccer ball and kids will chase Pokeman balls with smart phones into goals. Everyone will get a participation trophy as well. There will be no winners or losers.

Reactions: B Rax
There is a much bigger decline in football than baseball. My middle son just started football and loves it so far. But you have to love football, or it won't love you. Biggest issue with the sport IMO. It's all in. Takes a different kind of person to volunteer to wear tons of pads and equipment in 90 degree humidity, and get knocked on your ass a few times each time you do.

Our baseball numbers are the highest they've been in 10 years. Soccer and basketball numbers are through the roof. Girls sports are very strong...volleyball, softball, soccer, etc. Lacrosse is picking up a lot of steam around here, but most kids I know play baseball and lacrosse, if they can.

05 - Soccer and baseball...might start basketball this winter
07 - Football, basketball, and baseball
08 - Soccer, basketball, and baseball

We pretty much go year round in all the sports. We've been playing a lot of golf in the past week or so, and they seem to like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAECATFAN
Evan Daniels is terrible. If you don't want to put your balls on the table and actually make some predictions, then you shouldn't be a recruiting analyst.

"Well, some people are saying UK is in good with Jackson. I guess you could say that."

"It's hard to really say with Johnson. He could go to about 15 schools right now."

"Many think Duke is the leader for McGee, but I think Michigan, Texas, Kentucky, Louisville and Kansas all have an equally good chance."

F off, Daniels. I could give better info that you.

can't wait to be watching robots playing tackle football in 2026. although I accept UK football robots will still find amazing ways to rip my soul into pieces.

Marge just found out she's the head soccer coach for our 4 year old. One weeknight practice, Saturday games and an occasional weeknight game.

She is also the assistant coach for our 6 yr old. Practices Tuesday and Thursday and games on Saturdays plus an occasional weeknight game.

:confused:

Me: "Don't you think that's a bit much?"

Her: "For who?"

Me: "Everybody."

Her: "This isn't about you. You won't be affected at all."

Me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: WayneDougan
My 6 and 9 year old each practice soccer ball 1 night a week with games on Saturdays the way nature intended.

We've accepted neither will likely play in the World Cup.

Part of my gym crew (no gear) would second 73's football take. He helps with his 6th-grader's team and said they had 7 kids show up for first practice. Last year's eventual count was 18 I think. Why? Hot, all in and he pointed out that those hits start really hurting as kids age, weeding out the ones that are just playing for fun or something to do.

I didn't mention football earlier mainly due to ESPN slurping NFL and the huge fanbase at college/pro level. Might be fair to ask, though, if that's the one that isn't around eventually.

Over/under on football footage showing up this year where some Poke-hunter gets clocked on the field, 'hunting' and oblivious to the game?

I'm sure that many died playing soccer as well.

Not a lot of white kids playing football, at least public league football. I'm sure that's different at the Catholic level, but even most of the big schools locally have had to merge their programs due to dropoffs in participation. Of the 4 public football teams I saw last weekend, I would say the demographics were 60% Black 30% White 10% Other. It was pretty eye opening tbh.

My son wanted to play...so that's what we're doing.

Of all the "major" sports, football is easily the simplest to pick up later. Not a particularly nuanced game imo and so specialized anyway the fundamentals don't have to be ingrained at birth. Maybe people are picking up on that and figured their 6 year olds don't need to start getting hit in the head repeatedly just yet.

Reactions: JustinSphere
Ten kids died playing football last year.

-And at least a dozen parents died of boredom from watching soccer last year, so it's kind of a wash.

-I keep giving Chad chance after chance, but he's really testing my limits here lately.

-Middle school orientation last night for my oldest. Goodness, that was a shock to the system. Funny to watch the difference between the boys and girls as they figured things out in the hallway. Boys=find your locker, quick walk to each classroom, then off to the gymnasium to hoop it up. Girls=find your locker, spend 15 minutes decorating the locker, then trace route between classes, talk to each teacher, go back to locker to practice locker combination 10 times, then go see friends' locker decorations. Good grief.

-There's a new David Brent(Ricky Gervais' character in the British version of "The Office") movie coming out, and for this I cannot wait.

-Spent some time yesterday pondering taking one football season and seeing a home game at each SEC stadium. The drives to College Station and Baton Rouge would be excruciating, but otherwise, it sounds enticing.

Got a XBox One and I've been playing Madden online a lot in the past week or so, to catch back up on football.

FIFA online >>>>>>> Madden online, and it's not even close. Geez, Madden is slow and the games can take forever. FIFA online games...in and out in 20 minutes tops.

As boring as "we" say soccer is, football really doesn't have a lot going on. Lots of standing around and dead time.

A few other Madden notes:

- Tyler Eifert is almost unstoppable
- Aggressive catch is stupid
- Brian Hoyer might be the worst QB in the NFL
- Bengals OL is pretty dope, but the RBs are [eyeroll]

Kids shouldn't be playing contact football until, at the earliest, 5th grade. And I agree somewhat with the thought that the fundamentals can be learned at any time, but it's a very complex game that kids sometimes have difficulty grasping schematically. Likewise, I say let them play flag football as early as possible just to sort of begin the process of understanding what a coach is trying to tell you about assignments, alignments, etc.

I also think you're really underestimating the element of contact. A 14 year old kid going out for football his freshman year without ever having been hit, or delivered a hit, is going to be behind. He may even be a pussy, but nobody would know until he plays the game with pads. Then you'll learn pretty quickly if he's a football player or not. Usually takes a week of full contact. Seen it a hundred times.

Last edited:
Reactions: west-ky-wildcat
Recently thought about all of the really good basketball players that came out of the city of Louisville growing up.

Other than Rondo and DeAngelo Russell (two extreme examples) there haven't been many high level D 1 players in the last 18 years or so.

Those kids are now all playing football.

Aiden Chuttlesworth is a stud power forward on the Jr. High basketball team. He'd be an amazing tight end!!

Not if Aiden doesn't like contact. Then he'd be useless on a football field. 73's right. It takes a different kind of kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT