ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to sell a sponsorship to any of you business owners out there of the Matt Jones TV show.

Just got a FB message about my 20th HS reunion coming up next year. Not sure how that's even possible. :weary::cry:
Mine is in October. Haven't been to any of the others, but actually sort of looking forward to this one. Holding out hope for a cameo set list by Stu Simpson.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
^ same. Didn't go to whatever ones we had in the past, and thought I never would, or would want to. Really don't give AF about anyone from HS outside of a few people.

Pretty sure I'd like to go to this one, for whatever reason.

Holding out hope for a cameo set list by Stu Jamison.

Last edited:
Reactions: 80 Proof
Agree, maybe.

Makes me wonder how in TF people got a hold of/found one another in the past. Obviously, it worked just fine back then (just like not having cell phones) but hard to imagine that process now in the social media era, where it's pretty easy.

If it weren't for social media/FB, I honestly wouldn't know if more than 10 (being generous) of my HS classmates were even alive, as I haven't personally seen/spoken with any of them in 19 years, and with a few exceptions, mentally skip over all of their FB posts as if they are NHL highlights on SportsCenter.

US Mail... you notify the Alumni Association of change of address, etc..local paper runs an ad for it..maybe a phone number to spread the word. Hell, ten year reunion for Dunbar's class of '96 or '97, i got a text about it...class of '94 rolled 5 deep in the Campbell House..snowed that night, iirc..lol

*I usually listen to morning sports talk on my way in to work. This morning I had some errands to run so I was later than usual and I turned on Leach only to hear Vaught subbing in for him. Vaught is horrible with all of his stammering and repeating plus his good ol' boy schtick but to make it worse today he had Macy Morris' (UK Hoops player) father on who sounded like this biggest hayseed in KY. I tried but I had to turn it off.

*Prior to Facebook, I probably couldn't tell you where anyone in my HS class was. Now with Facebook, I've been able to keep up with the handful I want and reaffirm to myself who I want nothing to do with. You were a terrible person in HS, you're a terrible person now. Not much has changed.

*About broke my damn big toe this morning. Stubbed it on the iron leg of the coffee table and popped the nail off. Words cannot describe.

*Anyone know anything about Chesterfield, MO, just on the other side of St. Louis. Have made it through 2 interviews with a company out there. Time to get more serious about looking into the area.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
*I catch hell but I love STL. Friends live in Chesterfield. It's firmly a burb way out there but has all the amenities you need. Then you can head into STL for real entertainment. A real American Metropolis unlike a known regional pretender. Plus, Imo's and The Hill.

Trying to get WS let me head out later this month, I think I actually work that weekend now. :grimace:

-Haven't really felt a desire to head back to the HS reunions. I talk to 1 person from my class and I've known him since I was 10. I wouldn't mind going back to watch a game in our new on campus stadium this season.

-Looking for a moderate priced pair of work drivers. Probably go back with Edmonds. They held up for 4-5 years of daily wear and <200. Looked at some Tods while I was in Vegas, they just seem cheaply made for the price tag.

*Anyone know anything about Chesterfield, MO, just on the other side of St. Louis. Have made it through 2 interviews with a company out there. Time to get more serious about looking into the area.
Pretty straight forward recently developed Midwestern suburb. Decent sized mall, a few strip malls, and some nice houses. Stayed there for a couple of weeks back in the fall for a work thing. Imagine if the Hamburg area were in Paris and that's the feel and distance relative to St Louis

Quite a few Asian immigrants from what I gathered: and the accompanying good Asian restaurants

- Downside is they have Imo's, so you have to live with that garbage ass pizza trash being in your vicinity

Reactions: LadyCat92
Lol at Anth's grand plans, which get shot down at an 80% clip these days. Still can't believe he was allowed to go to The Memorial.

...couldn't even make The Eli.

Don't give me the "wait til kids" either...I know shit changes, I have as many friends with kids as the next man. But I'm not talking about rando trips to Vegas here with Wodie & Jerry. Just thought Sloot would be a little cooler after all my years with her - boy was I wrong.

Anth needs to learn points-building, imo. Still remember when he was a boss.

Last edited:
My predictions for the next 12 months:

-Bonzo falls helplessly in love.
-Superlurker engaged.
-WCC engaged and possibly married.
-BBdks knocked up
-MCFs knocked up
-SAE w/ #2
-Richie posting takes a well deserved turn
-We make a bowl game
-We make the final four
-Bob gets it together and drops 40lbs and gets engaged.

Should be a fairly eventful next year. Pretty stoked. Can I hook up an 11 team parlay on that action? 150:1

My predictions for the next 12 months:

-Bonzo falls helplessly in love.
-Superlurker engaged.
-WCC engaged and possibly married.
-BBdks knocked up
-MCFs knocked up
-SAE w/ #2
-Richie posting takes a well deserved turn
-We make a bowl game
-We make the final four
-Bob gets it together and drops 40lbs and gets engaged.

Should be a fairly eventful next year. Pretty stoked. Can I hook up an 11 team parlay on that action? 150:1

I'll book it at 25-1 right now. $100 minimum. Let me know.

Extry grand on Bob.

Last edited:
Hey Adrian, hush it.

If you recall, I typically go on all these trips so just sending Anth off with my friends sorta sucks. Did you ever think I would be the wife who is left at home with the kid frequently while her husband is off on vacations? I would assume not.

And I believe the most recent "denial" you are referring to is a Vegas trip of you, Anth and SAE.

- Anth is the biggest hen I know. ts.

- Ray LaMontagne- folksy singer-songwriter in the Croce mode who sounds vaguely like Tracy Chapman. Guarantee you've heard "Trouble" at least. He's okay- doesn't really do it for me.

- Yeah, let me take the weekend off from my child to go down to Lower Taint, KY, to roast my sack off in 115 degree heat and hack around with a bunch of butchers and rednecks.

- I miss JA. Wish JA would text or call.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Bonzo's living the life right now. Don't go f'ing him up and wishing love on him.

Are we having Wodie Crew Christmas this year? Or at least WC December UK game bar outing?

- Well, instead of the cool cities of Berkeley or Denver...I have chosen to take my next job in Traverse City, MI. Pretty much all came down to money and I only have to be there through the election.

- Dad is a UC fan and never liked UK...but he now watches every UK game and actively roots for them because of me, and how nice all of you guys are/were to him in the Bluegrass when he's visited with me.

- Haven't worked in a month. Took some time off after Nebraska and Arkansas...ready to jump back into it. Going stir crazy...and I pretty much hate my hometown at this point. No one/nothing has changed. Hoping to save up enough on this next campaign adventure to live in Chicago for a few months and travel around after the election. Dad is retiring this fall and will basically have his Chicago house vacant all winter.

- Bill Simmons' HBO show has gotten better. The first week and the Aaron Rogers week sucked, but I've enjoyed most of the other episodes. Bill Hader was probably the best interview.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
- Well, instead of the cool cities of Berkeley or Denver...I have chosen to take my next job in Traverse City, MI. Pretty much all came down to money and I only have to be there through the election.

- Dad is a UC fan and never liked UK...but he now watches every UK game and actively roots for them because of me, and how nice all of you guys are/were to him in the Bluegrass when he's visited with me.

- Haven't worked in a month. Took some time off after Nebraska and Arkansas...ready to jump back into it. Going stir crazy...and I pretty much hate my hometown at this point. No one/nothing has changed. Hoping to save up enough on this next campaign adventure to live in Chicago for a few months and travel around after the election. Dad is retiring this fall and will basically have his Chicago house vacant all winter.

- Bill Simmons' HBO show has gotten better. The first week and the Aaron Rogers week sucked, but I've enjoyed most of the other episodes. Bill Hader was probably the best interview.

What's the Winston-Salem scene? Just a college town?

Not a typical college town. Wake only has around 3K students in a city with 200K people.

Your typical town that no one ever leaves for good. Pretty much you either get a job with Reynolds Tobacco or Pepsi out of high school or you go to college, come back and get a job at Reynolds, Pepsi, or one of the two huge hospitals in town.

Although improving...the food/bar scene is pretty stale.

Wake Forest has a little hermetic utopia of a campus - including "Faculty Drive": a nice residential street for faculty, of course.

I spent a weekend there with some WF study abroad pals in '04 and caught a Chris Paul game.

Oh yeah, Wake's campus is absolutely amazing. I'd put it up there with just about any campus in the country. My mom works at Wake Forest and absolutely loves it.

Only problem for students...it isn't around anything. No bars or anything close to campus at all.

Winston-Salem just isn't a college town. You have more UNC, Duke, NC State grads in the city than Wake grads. Just too small of a school.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT