ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see Anth lecture the parachutist about getting serious about life.

Maybe his wife is why he jumped?

"Local doctor, boat & Porsche owner plummets to earth without a parachute"

Crater99-111w.JPG

Great start today, folks.

Someone text Telly Jr & tell him to get on here & stir some crap up. Where's Chad? Sitting in a coffee house on this rainy Monday? He's been on record before saying he prefers his Mondays rainy.

Great start today, folks.

Someone text Telly Jr & tell him to get on here & stir some crap up. Where's Chad? Sitting in a coffee house on this rainy Monday? He's been on record before saying he prefers his Mondays rainy.
Shocked the day didnt amount to more after docx kicked us off with an early morning post about his girlfriends deep sleeping ability. Figured that would be the jumpstart we needed today.

^ We like ours and we have it throughout the first floor, basement and patio. However, we did need to have 2 controllers due to the area coverage. Was installed about 6/7 years ago so the coverage may have improved.

Individual room controls for off/on and volume. Like ours a lot.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Does it have it's own system control? Or can you use your phone?

Seems like a much more affordable option than some of the wired options that are out there. Some of the quotes my client is getting are through the roof. And I've heard some good things about the Sonos on here.

Boat? Anth?

You can control it from your phone. As an iPhone/iTunes guy, I don't love the app. Have to make new playlists.

Speakers sound good though. I've got four play 5's. Depending how far apart you may need to buy a bridge signal booster, a powerful router is always a plus too. The room to room controls/grouping are nice. Just depends how many rooms you want and if you want it for home theater/surround sound. If it's just for music, it's pretty good. If you want a real home theater, take the plunge and go wired.

You can control via your phone if you download the app. The 'Master' - which is installed on our workstation and runs via our wireless connection - is available.

Cost has gone up since I bought my Sonos. The play 5's are now like $500 each. Which is kind of silly. Best Buy will have discounts on open box items.

The playbar sounds good, especially in conventional rooms. If it's a vaulted ceiling it will be off, despite what they tell you with the new "room sensing" technology. I think the subwoofer that is available is WAY over priced ($700.) For that kind of money you can get something much nicer. They do have some stuff to adapt conventional speakers to Sonos, but it's also very expensive.

What are your plans for it?

Last edited:
We had ours hard wired. We looked at the Sonos but since we planned on being here we just spent the extra to make it look clean and permanent. I'd imagine for 500 a speaker you're almost at hard wired cost. I thought they were cheaper than that.

Lol at PTI. Dude, have them out and I'll set it up next month. Loser.

Think for a long time Rogue was just trying too hard, but here lately it's like he's taking all the criticism and being especially awful on purpose.

I sincerely hope the Cubs get within one out of the WS then have it ripped away from them in the most awful, gut-wrenching manner possible.

In 1982 my family got cable TV, which included WGN, and a young, baseball loving, August-West was introduced to the Cubs being on the telly everyday. I would race home after school to catch the last few innings of their games. In 1984 they made the playoffs but little did I know then how rare that was. They became my team.

Over the last 30 years or so I've been with them, good or bad. Just give me one WS and I will be happy. I'm not asking for a Yankee's style run of multiple World Series, just one.

Face it. Bonzo is surging up the Power Rankings. Has been for years.

I'll tell you whats awesome about having a huge D --> bottoming out in a chick. Uncharted territory. Really get way down in there. Pretty cool.

So long, Jay Bruce. He's a really nice pickup, but it doesn't sadden me to see him go. Johnny Cueto, on the other hand. That's the one that stings.

Rogue's antics in the 11 Commandents of Ordering a Beer are completely indefensible. He's probably been told a million times over the years to go F*** himself. Has he followed up on that one?

Reactions: drxman1
Rogue is the bratty kid who acts up simply for the attention he'll get from the adults in his life. I don't think it's possible for him to actually be as terrible in real life as his posts depict.

I had WGN as a kid too. Didn't cause me to make the moronic decision to be a Cubs fan.
I stand by my decision to be a Cubs fan which is hands down better than choosing to root for anything or any team from Ohio. Still pretty proud of myself for not hopping on any Ohio teams even though all my little friends were 30 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT