ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slice should write a piece that's incredibly sexist about female football fans if he wants something relevant to the site, satirical, and topical. The premise could be "it's unfortunate some female fans were offended at Kentucky & A&M". Play it straight for the first paragraph and then reach your conclusion that this is why women have no place at football games. Then suggest some alternative ways they could spend their Saturdays. Like cleaning or cooking or tending to their man. That will get you a million times more reaction than faux William Joseph Wildcat. You're welcome.

The good news: Tickets and a house across from the stadium via Airbnb are all lined up for the game against Bama.

The bad news: We have to play Bama.

Slice should write a piece that's incredibly sexist about female football fans if he wants something relevant to the site, satirical, and topical. The premise could be "it's unfortunate some female fans were offended at Kentucky & A&M". Play it straight for the first paragraph and then reach your conclusion that this is why women have no place at football games. Then suggest some alternative ways they could spend their Saturdays. Like cleaning or cooking or tending to their man. That will get you a million times more reaction than faux William Joseph Wildcat. You're welcome.
Or steal from you and write about leaving the game early in order to beat traffic home. Always a sure way to get people fired up.

The key to making the leaving early thing work is actually having a good football team that you should want to stay and watch. If we absolutely suck, few people will care if you leave early. Plus that was basically just trolling.

With the football team being bad, maybe the way to play it is asking "would UK football be better if ticket prices were higher? This expert's answer will surprise you! (It's "yes")"

I think $500/per was a good solid price for a quality premium type UK season ticket (including K Fund)...MAYBE stretch that to $750/per if you throw in some amenities. I think once you get close to $1000/per, you start to lose your audience quickly. Hard to justify $5000+ for a family of 4, throwing in concessions, parking, etc. I mean, it's UK football. That's a big number. 10 years ago, most season tickets were in the $250-500/per range. And the place was packed for the most part.

He could do a 1% (Loge crowd) vs the other 99%. Is it really fair that Loge guy get his food easily while Billy Joe Wildcat has to stand in line for 25 minutes while Jessamine Co. soccer mom figures out how to count change and get his order out?

Actually, he should just take on the pen name of Billy Joe Wildcat and write everything from that perspective. Could be entertaining if done correctly.

Is it really fair that Loge guy get his food easily while Billy Joe Wildcat has to stand in line for 25 minutes while Jessamine Co. soccer mom figures out how to count change and get his order out?

Fair? Sure. No different than people paying for first class and getting a better flight experience. Fast Pass at 6 Flags.

Big fan of the Loge and UK Feudalism. A little bit cause it's nice to enjoy some frosty collides while watching sports, but mainly cause it pisses SAE off.

Exactly, @Dennis Reynolds, which is why it would be the perfect shtick for Slice. I have no problem with the Loge, fast passes, first class, etc., but there's always a group who feels conned. He can take the BJW view and get all pissy about it.

I'd have zero problem with it if they'd just open the tap lines for my fellow Wildcat Friends and I out in the stadium.

$900 in K Fund donations for my (former) seats but I'm not worthy of enjoying a frostie? The F out of my face with that bullshit. Especially don't give me any of that "amateur collegiate athletics" nonsense.

If some of you Central Kentucky bigwigs want to drop $10K on your UK football tickets so you can rub elbows with Jennifer Palumbo, then more power to you.

My favorite was last year during a snowstorm...stadium emptying out...and we tried to get into the new sections to warm up. Nope, sorry...can't let you in here without a ticket. That's cool...we're out of here. See ya.

I get it. Some people bought expensive tickets...blah blah blah...it was cold, and there were maybe 15k in the stands. Open up your doors to the masses Marie Antoinette. And the cake you are offering sucks.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Isn't there some arcane SEC rule that unless you're in some kind of "club" level, alcohol sales aren't allowed.

Yes. I expect the other side to convert to a club section soon if the SEC doesn't just start pimping booze before that. OSU is essentially selling booze to the masses and Texas is close. Bama won't be having that for very long.

I'll probably invite SAE up this year so I can have a little satisfaction every time he posts about hating the loge life.

I'll probably invite SAE up this year so I can have a little satisfaction every time he posts about hating the loge life.

Kinda like Bernie railing about the 1%, then enjoying primo thousand dollar seats at Warriors-OKC game 7.

In all seriousness, the no-alcohol policy with certain conferences and the NCAAT is really, really, like really stupid.

Reactions: drxman1
RIO DE JANEIRO - The main ramp of Marina da Gloria, the sailing venue of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, partially collapsed on Saturday.

No one was injured, organizers said, in another incident that raises questions about the quality of construction in the Olympic host city.

RIO DE JANEIRO - The main ramp of Marina da Gloria, the sailing venue of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, partially collapsed on Saturday.

No one was injured, organizers said, in another incident that raises questions about the quality of construction in the Olympic host city.

PTI would just buy another model of the same main ramp with straight cash homie.

rio-olympics-water-contaminated.jpg
Good morning!

Reactions: funKYcat75
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT