ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
AI image

Prompt- "Kentucky coach- built for march"

uk-bus.jpg

Reactions: Col. Angus
You’ll never convince me that Cal’s refusal to not start Rob and Reed by the end of the year was solely based on him having the ability to add/replace the “and he took the fifth most shots on the team” AD shtick with “and we had two draft picks come off the bench”.

By the end of the year it was doing a disservice not only to Rob and Reed but you could visibly see that Edwards and Wagner were defeated. They never developed like they were touted and rather than move them to a spot that they could have succeeded, he insisted on turning them into a ceremonious starter that has to have them say WTF.

Matt is finally saying what some of us have known for years (although I suspect that he knew it too), that Calipari is a talent vampire.

The seemingly ENDLESS procession of HS AA's that have come to Lexington, get their talent wasted, and then catch the train somewhere else, and then dominate, and then move on to NBA careers should have been a clue to anyone.

Hey he was trying to find the "Right Combinations"

When there is plenty of data readily available that shows you who the 5 best players are.
You didn't even need data to see it. The Bennies were on it.

And this is freaking Oakland. Why the hell do we need to match up with them? We should be swinging around our throbbing member and telling them to deal with it. Beat them over the head with the tremendous girth of our best players.

Instead, Cal treats his lineups like scratch off tickets. "If I play enough of these guys, one of them is sure to play well!" He was better with smaller rosters of semi competent players so that he wouldn't succumb to general stupidity and caprice.

Yep, his best teams involved Eloy Vargas being the 7th or 8th man on the roster.

I can't believe you people expect to win tourney games when the other team starts out 1/14. We're changing lives here. See the big picture!

By the end of the year it was doing a disservice not only to Rob and Reed but you could visibly see that Edwards and Wagner were defeated. They never developed like they were touted and rather than move them to a spot that they could have succeeded, he insisted on turning them into a ceremonious starter that has to have them say WTF.
I would've been embarrassed getting pity minutes.

However we ended up with this absurd situation, if there isn't accountability in the very near future -- burn the whole thing to the ground. Until this is addressed they won't get another penny from me -- no tickets, no k-fund, no merch...nothing. Fire Mitch first, then Cal.
The ideal situation would be: Cal and Mitch get called into a meeting. Cal gets fired. Mitch says something like, "I wish you all the best John." and then, as Mitch is getting up and heading toward the door, he hears, "Mitch, why don't you go ahead and have a seat. We need to talk..."

Kansas loses their best player and is murking a trendy upset pick.

How dare you fans expect UK to do things like win tourney games.

I was really hopeful entering tonight but to be honest, I haven’t been diehard since pre-COVID. Part of it is I moved to California. But primarily it’s due to the fact that Calipari sucked the fun out of Kentucky basketball. It wasn’t appointment viewing for me or for many fans. Sure we all enjoy a fun win and get behind the team. But something was missing.

I realized tonight that I truly love Kentucky basketball and it’s dear to my heart. And tonight really hurt. It made me sad. It made me angry. It made me realize that a change is needed and Calipari needs to go. This program means so much to so many people in our great state, and we can’t let this man take our souls. He already took our hearts. And enough is enough.

With any luck, somewhere, in a dimly lit smoke filled board room, in Lexington, plans are being made...
False. Milquetoast Mitch needs to check what his wife's ladies' prayer circle thinks first. Then he will drink a cup of non-caffeinated tea and ponder some more. Then he will call Eli, but it'll be during Eli's naptime. So, in sum, we're screwed.

False. Milquetoast Mitch needs to check what his wife's ladies' prayer circle thinks first. Then he will drink a cup of non-caffeinated tea and ponder some more. Then he will call Eli, but it'll be during Eli's naptime. So, in sum, we're screwed.
I was operating on the assumption that there was a dossier/discussion about Mitch as well...

Reactions: entropy13
To the few idiots who say Cal didn’t miss the shots……

He just screams “play harder” at them and this video is evidence.

Theres 0 chance kids like these guys who actually have solid BBIQ and play hard like this bunch (except maybe Rob, who’s less interested in defense than I am in Brussels sprouts) wouldn’t execute it if they were drilled with it.

6:40 of that video is GOLD. "HERE is where Calipari's TERRIBLENESS really comes in..." 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

That was a great video and I learned three things from it:

1) General defensive strategy
2) Dillingham is a lazy bitch on defense
3) Cal sucks worse than I thought
That is what is truly amazing. I KNOW that Cal sucks

And yet, I don't know enough about basketball to really understand how NUANCED his poor coaching is.

THAT is how bad of a coach Calipari is.

We played a team that only had ONE chance to beat us; shoot out of their asses from three, and we defend them like they've got Karl Malone and Shaq down low.

6:40 of that video is GOLD. "HERE is where Calipari's TERRIBLENESS really comes in..." 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I mean, the irony is how dead wrong he is in this particular example. 😂 Shep is no-help, face-guarding Gohlke. No shit he’s not sitting in a help-side position.

I mean, the irony is how dead wrong he is in this particular example. 😂 Shep is no-help, face-guarding Gohlke. No shit he’s not sitting in a help-side position.
Did you listen to him? He is giving Cal shit for his general strategy there. As in why are you face-guarding and picking the guy up from half-court at all. He doesn't even mention help.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT