ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Division 2 school 'Walsh University' beat Oakland this season

You thought Herro’s March stats were bad. Reed Shepherd, 26 minutes…3 points.
I’m a Reed Homer. But tonight he looked like a kid scared to death. That’s typical for freshmen. And why I don’t want my team built with a lot of them.

Cal has a real gift of bringing out the worst in his players when it matters. I don’t believe it’s just bad luck.

Well, let's get names, and run them out too.
Dude it’s the whole admin. Even if it was Mitch a board and president have to approve as well.

I’m dead serious, as a business man if UK came calling to raise money for the buyout I’d laugh and tell them to deal with it on their own.

This is their baby. Rupp ends up empty, fine I watch at home anyway. SEC Tourney gets no blue at all, you asked for it, no NCAA support compared to usual, even better.

UK and UK only should pay for this buyout, F ‘em!

When it comes to names, for me, you can keep the Drew’s and Pearl’s, Beard is the only call I make and it’s more of a what’s it take take offer than giving him a number to refuse.

Laugh all you want at Beard and his dropped but guilty charges. Thats the guy IMO that is young, can keep players, get players and is hungry enough to get after it and won’t leave.

JFC if you can defend this shit- and at this point considering any way for him to be coaching next year is defending him- you’re insane. Supporting this product financially is insane. He doesn’t give a shit about winning games, doesn’t give a shit about the fans or the tradition of UK basketball, doesn’t give a shit about anything other than being a NBA navel gazer. Fire him and lawyer up and move the eff on.

You know, when Mitch Barnhart first got this job, he gave Guy Morriss the football job permanently with a two-year contract at $500,000 a year. When Morriss came back two weeks later to try and negotiate for more money because Baylor called offering $800,000, he told Morriss to pack his bags and leave. He wanted to be proactive and be a good steward of athletics and how the department spent money. But now, the basketball coach, and sometimes I wonder, the football coach and the AD are like political lifers who are more about what they can take, what they can grift from the fanbase. What are Capiluto and the trustees doing? Is anybody f-ing in charge?

How the hell does John calipari have $33mm owed to him, a contract given after 2018?!?!
Wodie sloot posted the contract a while back. We are about to enter year six of a ten year contract.

We will owe him 75% of the remainder if we let him go.

If there is a good thing, the $33 mil isn’t due the next day after we let him go. It’s paid out monthly through the end of the contract, just like his normal pay schedule.

Year six is the first year where he can retire and take $1 mil/year “ambassador” pay. Mid April( every year until contract expires)he has to tell the ukaa what his plans are for the next season(coach or ambassador).

Last edited:
15 years ago I sat here with most of you waiting for him to walk out a door in Memphis.
It’s time for him to walk out the door in Lexington.

Mitch needed the help of men like Lee Todd and Mike Pratt to make the right decision, had he evolved enough to make the change on his own and if not, who helps him? Because if this drags on and gets ugly, he’s gone too.

Another thing- I’m ok if we lose all of the recruits for next year. This program needs an enema.
Taking the big picture view, getting rid of Cal, no matter the short term consequences, is mandatory at this point. There is just no way around it. He MUST go. That's it. That is the only option, in order for us to fix this thing.

The irony that the football team (with the additional money they are about to take in due to the changes proposed by the SEC and Big Ten in CFP payout) is gonna provide the money needed to make the move is kinda poetic

This is hilariously funny in all the bad ways. Worked tonight so I could watch the rest of the weekend with no work lol.

Everyone that whole heartedly jumped back on the train after the last two weeks, I really hope you all get it through your thick skulls that this isn’t going to work again.

Quit believing in this con game. It’s sad. I’ve been ready for him to go.

It’s time to have a bad year or two MAYBE and start over.

Does ANYONE think the next coach will lose round 1 for 4-5 straight years? They won’t, they likely won’t lose round 1 the first year!

Get this fuc*ing bum ass clown out my fuc*ing face.

• Love
Reactions: HymanKaplan
15 years ago I sat here with most of you waiting for him to walk out a door in Memphis.
It’s time for him to walk out the door in Lexington.

Mitch needed the help of men like Lee Todd and Mike Pratt to make the right decision, had he evolved enough to make the change on his own and if not, who helps him? Because if this drags on and gets ugly, he’s gone too.
That’s a great question; maybe a group including Givens/Master/etc.

There isn't enough time to list the entire litany of ways in which Calipari has managed to do the impossible, which is to say, manage to fvck up the greatest program in college basketball history. The amount of resistance that it takes, to stop a century of momentum is incomprehensible. It hardly seems possible. And yet, he DID it.

Stunning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT