ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, been saying it for awhile. We're in the end game now. Burn it down. The fat f*cking loser would rather take another embarrassing NCAAT loss than even consider what the slack jawed fan base sees as an obvious lineup, style, whatever. Just get the **** out of town. I'd rather lose with Tubby, and his terrible recruiting than see another group of soft ass "elite" recruits come prancing in here for 6 months, only to shit down their legs in March.

Didn't plan on drinking last night. Did.
Didn't sleep worth a shit.
Spitting mad still. F*ck.

Can we just not with the mindless stupid ass posts? Do I really need to start calling you motherf*ckers out by name? Goddamn I'm not in the mood for this shit today.
🙄 It's YOUR GYERO my man... But if you feel the need; Bring it, I'm not scurred... And I'm not in a great mood myself. Tread lightly. LOL Nobody is in the goddamn mood for a posting lecture right now, so if that's all you've got, you should take the fvcking day off.

Last edited:
"March needed a stupid son of a bitch and that stupid son of a bitch was John Calipari"

"They threw a zone out there and your freshman act like they have never seen a zone before because you dont ****ing coach them........Cal has his head so far up his own ass and is a horrible coach"

Honestly speaking it’s sad that everyone has to have their A game for Cal to win against an inferior opponent but he never has to be on his A game to overcome anything.

It’s easy to point to Edwards missed layups and dunks, but the kid stuck with it and hit a clutch 3 and a nice mid range 2 when we had to have it.

It’s easy to point at Reed not showing up whether it be bad passes, lack of defense, or just not shooting the damn ball.

It’s easy to point at Wagner and never penetrating at all despite no one else having an issue getting thru their zone at all.

It’s easy to say Dilly didn’t play his normal game either.

The problem with doing any of that is we did that last year with upperclassmen instead of FR, and we did that the year before with upperclassmen and TyTy, and the year before, and the year before and the year before………….

It legit shows me one thing the kids actually don’t believe in the coach. No one is saying that but it is so obvious because otherwise there is no reason to be tight or have stage fright the whole game.

It’s one thing to be nervous, but to just never settle in?

The truth is I’ve defended the starting lineups because who cares, but ultimately I know how it would be for everyone involved on that team knowing it should be Dilly/Reed and the impact that has on the rest of the players too.

It just shows no matter how obvious the easy answer is our coach will go the long way around to avoid it, and that impacts confidence.

I get all that, and I hate it and if 1 of our 2 main money people have in them to help get him fired I’ll be happy. But I know that’s my heart, my brain just can’t see it happening from a business perspective.

I did find it interesting that apparently the 32M isn’t contractually due in 1 lump sum either. Not sure how that could benefit from a fan perspective with a goal of Cal no longer here but it certainly would seem to soften the financial blow.

Sad.

Tonio deserved better… from EVERYONE. He needed to be pimped as an AA midway through season… oddly quiet from the overbearing UKMBB marketing dept. If he were understood to be the unquestioned LEADER, it may have allowed the kids to play free(r). Alas, we were force-fed countless minutes from less players.

I just think Reeves was antithetical to Cal’s stupid ass narrative of the street cred recruit entitlement.

Of all the studs on this team, Reeves will be the one sorely missed (by me).

Top 5 UK Favorite for me 🤌🏻🙏🏻.

🙄 It's YOUR GYERO my man... But if you feel the need; Bring it, I'm not scurred... And I'm not in a great mood myself. Tread lightly. LOL Nobody is in the goddamn mood for a posting lecture right now, so if that's all you've got, you should take the fvcking day off.
That's your 12th post in 2 pages. JFC.

I remember in 2004 after we lost to UAB me and my roommate @HagginHall1999 smoking a cigarette. We lived in a house on south limestone above where the subway used to be (my bedroom was above the pool tables in Two Keys). He looked at me and said we had to get rid of Tubby. South Limestone was a ghost town. Everything about the program just seemed depressing. The next two years with Tubby were pure torture, just a slow pointless death. That’s where it feels like to me right now. I just hope we dont go through any more years of slow torture with Cal. Just please leave now Cal, just end all of our misery. Just never saw it ending this way. What an absolute train wreck letdown.

By my count, Edwards played exactly 2 min at the 4, the spot he had been gaining confidence in the last 6-8 games.

Zero min with the Reed, Rob, Reeves, Edwards, and Z lineup.

Outrebounded by 1 despite 40 min from our 7 footers and 31 min from Mitchell.

Have no idea the gameplan in the first half. Wagner as the zone buster at the FT line?! Get the hell outta here with that. Force feeding the post when that has not worked all year.

Frustrating to see their one and only shooter continuously get set up for shots. Yes, he made some ridiculous ones but they ran plays for him.

Shepp was unbelievably bad but he and Rob have to play bc it provides spacing for everyone else! Doesn’t matter if their shot isn’t falling… the other team has to guard them out to 25 ft.

Coaching malpractice…coaching cuteness. I think he’s done here, the only question is if it gets ugly. I think as much as cal loves $$, he does NOT want “he got fired” on his resume so a buyout is agreed to and he is off to coach at Michigan within 3 wks.

I went out and ran 5 miles last night while listening to the @MattJonesKSR post game show. It was the easiest 5 miles ever because pure rage kept me going. Matt, I'm not sure if you and your callers were just beaten down, or if your team screened out angrier folks, but you were WAY too easy on Cal. That was flat out coaching malpractice.
  • What team doesn't start its best players? I don't want to hear about "well, Reed and Dillingham didn't play well". Our RRR lineup outscored those clowns last night but never played more than 40% of the possessions. JFC, Cal, in 2012 when you won it Davis, MKG and Lam all played more than 35 minutes. Reeves is the only dude who played more than 35 minutes last night. You keep the best dudes in there together.
  • Jack Gohlke is a 24-year old man. He's 6'3, 215. Putting Reed and Dillingham on him was never going to work. But it took Cal until halftime to even consider putting Reeves on him.
  • Was Thiero so bad that he only deserved 7 minutes? Seems like a lineup of RRR + Thiero + Mitchell would have been pretty solid.
  • The video posted earlier shows just crap defensive position - so that's already done.
  • But the final straw was Cal talking about the guys coming in next year. F You, Cal. Your first job right now should be convincing EVERYBODY not graduating to stay. F this nonsense about the pros. Your only job is to get us championships. And if that means you feed a line of BS to Dillingham and Sheppard that they need to come back to get those wins so be it. Further, when 24-year old DIII transfers beat you, relying on freshman is a HORRIBLE plan. A mix of experienced players on your own team, transfers and top tier freshman (e.g., top 20 guys) is the only way.
  • Cal is not answering to the stakeholders of Kentucky basketball. And the stakeholders are the university and boosters. But he acts like his key stakeholders are the players. THAT SHIT ENDS TODAY.

To the few idiots who say Cal didn’t miss the shots……

This alone should get him fired. It’s unbelievable.

I knew it was bad, but watching that, it’s like a negligent homicide against one of the greatest college programs of all time.

That video should be played on a loop at the Kraft Center.

The widespread availability of analytics, tape breakdowns, etc. have absolutely destroyed whatever coaching reputation Cal had left. I’m not sure he realizes how much info is out there objectively demonstrating how bad he is at his job. Just the “Bennies” being “Bennies!”
Remember back in 2013 - at the peak of Cal's arrogance where he was coming off the Natty and had several future pros yet still couldn't make the NCAA tournament - in the preseason he had the players wearing those stupid heartrate monitors in practice because he wanted to measure effort? I thought that was f'ing dumb, but at least it showed that Cal was embracing additional data? Did all that shit just go out the window or something?

Can we just not with the mindless stupid ass posts? Do I really need to start calling you motherf*ckers out by name? Goddamn I'm not in the mood for this shit today.
Who gives a fvck about GYERO posts right now?

Goodness grief. Our basketball program is in complete shambles, and you are mad at BJW rando posters being upset the literal morning after?

Gyeyo died about the same time Cals ability to coach did. Circa 2018-19.

The widespread availability of analytics, tape breakdowns, etc. have absolutely destroyed whatever coaching reputation Cal had left. I’m not sure he realizes how much info is out there objectively demonstrating how bad he is at his job. Just the “Bennies” being “Bennies!”

The MFer gets absolutely dragged by modern basketball media. He’s a joke.

To be fair, rogue's travel plans are infinitely more interesting, at this point, than UK basketball.

For one: He still HAS plans past the 3rd week in March. UK basketball? not so fvcking much...
Keep em coming. This is fascinating stuff.

HK
Cutitloose
augustw
hank
Hk
rogue
hk
august
rogue
hank
kooky
kooky
hk
hank
cutitloos
hk
hk
hk
rogue

Have a take, don't suck. The only rule and you ****ers break it 50 times a day. You wonder why all the greats are on a text thread and not posting here. Because you've turned it to dog shit.

Keep em coming. This is fascinating stuff.

HK
Cutitloose
augustw
hank
Hk
rogue
hk
august
rogue
hank
kooky
kooky
hk
hank
cutitloos
hk
hk
hk
rogue

Have a take, don't suck. The only rule and you ****ers break it 50 times a day. You wonder why all the greats are on a text thread and not posting here. Because you've turned it to dog shit.
That brings your tally to:

Good - 1

Suck - 3

You're really walking your talk. You want to keep going? The "greats" (rolleyes) Truthfully, I hadn't even thought about the "GREATS" (that makes me chuckle) I might have noticed a few of them don't post much anymore, but, most of you lost your fastball years ago anyway... If you feel that way, take this as an open invitation to join them. Your superior attitude about a fvcking thread has grown tiresome. Stop bitching or fvcking leave. Makes no difference to me. But either way, please stop being a sanctimonious fvcking whiner. And, need I remind you. this thing was going LONG before you moved in with Wodie.

Last edited:
- Leaving my nephews middle school soccer game yesterday and as I'm rushing out to catch tip-off, ask him if he thinks we're going to win - "I don't know, maybe?". That uninspired response hit me. If my uncle asked me that in '93 I would have assumed he didn't know ish about the sport and mocked him for such a stupid question. And I'm sure many of you with kids / teenagers see that with yours as well. The program we came of age with is a shell of itself.

He was born the year after Cal showed up in Lexington, so the successful first half of his tenure is not a memory for him. And it's easy to see why over the past 5 years where he's really gotten into sports, both playing and watching, that he gets more amped for an NBA or MLS game than Kentucky basketball game. My brother and I will recount the glory days to him and he just kinda shrugs it off like, "cool story". I'm sure it's similar to Nebraska football fans our age telling their kids how they used to dominate the game.

Maybe that changes for him, we get a palate cleanser with new coach, new style and one puts Kentucky above all other outside interests, but I doubt it.

- It's bad enough we have to see multiple bigs on the floor at once, but can we at least get one or two that doesn't get their ish pushed in by a 6'6" forward that pales in comparison to size and strength of Chuck Hayes? Townsend rag dolled anyone we threw out there. Pathetic. To not go small when that's happening on the regular is laughable.

- When we were thrown out of the club early by St. Peter's, I had no interest in watching another game. Not sure if lowered expectations or deep down knowing there was a good chance we don't get out of the first weekend, but those feelings are missing. Will be watching as much as possible, and just hitting mute when we're mocked by the punditry for the 45th time.

- Jones finally got there on this relationship being untenable, but it needs to be with more venom and vitriol. Mitch, Capilouto and the rest of the UK brass should be in fear of the fanbase completely checking out, especially financially, and act accordingly to save their skin by dropping the axe on Cal's head.

That brings your tally to:

Good - 1

Suck - 3

You're really walking your talk. You want to keep going? The "greats" (rolleyes) if you feel that way, take this as an open invitation to join them. Your superior attitude about a fvcking thread has grown tiresome. Stop bitching or fvcking leave. Makes no difference to me.
Nah, I'll just put your dumbass on ignore. Shouldn't affect the flow as no one responds to your stream of conscious drivel. ✌️

Knowing our AD isn’t going to make a competent hire is somehow worse than being stuck with Cal. Or at least compounds the misery.

It will be a BCG situation again. A hire that really doesn’t make sense given the prestige of the job, but with just enough mystery and buzzwords to trick us all into believing it was a good idea. Nabs and Dr Pepper etc

Reactions: UKRob 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT