ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me reiterate a commuter school out of Rochester, Michigan 14 seeded team started a game shooting 1/14 and defeated the University of Kentucky in an NCAA Tournament Game

Wait a min…this ain’t even Oakland, Cali?

*I didn’t watch one second of this game. I left the entire damn country to cleanse myself from this bullshit, and it feels good.

I mean, the irony is how dead wrong he is in this particular example. 😂 Shep is no-help, face-guarding Gohlke. No shit he’s not sitting in a help-side position.

You’re entirely missing his point.

What Cal told Reed to do prevented him from having his heels on the three point line and being in the way and making the ball handler think twice about having his way with his defender off the dribble and Honky Honkerson still had 10 3s anyways.

Happy F***ing Friday, Cat Fans!

This is the part of the Beyond The Music episode where the lead singer is a fat, botoxed mess too far down the bottle to even speak a coherent paragraph. Watching Brad Calipari sit in the stands dressed like Phil Spector's twink lover is like seeing a documentary on some weird Hollywood cult where people have had too much money and too little consequences for way too long and completely squandered it.

What are we even doing here? This is farce. It is a disservice to a bunch of good kids. Antonio Reeves has done nothing but drop buckets, smile, and be an awesome kid here. He tried to leave this season and, frankly, he seems like the voice of reason in the wilderness. Can he scribble on a marker board and not wear a tie? Put him in charge for f***'s sake.

What a great time to have a house cat AD.

I hope this anger maintains. I’m willing to sacrifice next year- “scare” off recruits, empty seats at Rupp, decline in ice cream sales, etc. for the change to happen.
Buying a ticket to Rupp at this point is the same as buying heroin for a junky. Wildcat fans have a solemn duty to *not* attend, imo.

This is too important to let some jagoff ruin.

Still laughing at me being worried about our seed line for the UNCW loss.

Oh when hope sprung eternal.

Good news is 365 days until we're arguing if $25 million is too much to pay for him to go away
These type folks deserve what they are getting.

Here is another nugget.

The team had won a total of just two NCAA tournament games in the previous four seasons, and over the last two, it had lost 27 games. That's not supposed to happen in Lexington."

- John Calipari, from 2014

At this point I do not know how any of the big time boosters and UK Brass allows Mitch to continue to make any decisions related to its basketball programs let alone its AD after this mess.

Or, you can do everything legally you can concoct to make them want to quit and leave.
Calipari will not quit. Hes not Tubby. He is not a gentleman -- which is what previously made him great.

He'll make Jim Calhoun look magnanimous. The only way he will leave is when he makes his salary +$1 somewhere else that treats him like royalty.

UK is only obligated to pay him his salary. And I've said this 100 GD times. They DON'T HAVE to let him coach.

Pay him 9 million to clean toilets on campus, and hire someone, ANYONE else to coach. It's called "and other duties as prescribed by your supervisor." And if he refuses to clean toilets effectively for the remainder of his contract, follow procedures (write ups, verbal warnings, probation etc.) and fire his ass for fvcking CAUSE.

OR, he could agree to a mutually beneficial buyout.

At the end of the day, he IS a state employee, right?

For all the craziness in this thread, it's easy to find the real issues amidst the many posts of the years. Awakening to this narrative of our youth being the culprit and the real issue is a red herring and is insulting to anyone who's watched this team more than a few times over the past several years. No need to repeat everything but it's therapeutic at this point I suppose:

* Players first - Yep, some players. Lineup roulette.
* Lost on offense against a zone - Who could have expected that they would zone us?
* We WILL plan M2M against you - Defensively, we're easy to game-plan for.
* BLOB - Everyone here knows what we will and will not do.
* I don't just roll the ball out there - That feels like projection at this point. It looks like that's exactly what we do to prepare for big games.

Our team youth has been an issue at times, but not this year. Coaching. Malpractice. Again.

If memory serves, we wouldn't have even had Reeves if he had found a better option in the NBA draft or transfer portal... and we wouldn't have had Mitchell but for chaos at WVU. So we're supposed to tell ourselves it could have been worse I guess? 🤮

Cal is the Harold Baines of the Basketball HOF. Everyone knows he doesn’t really belong and will play nice when they are all together for some function but behind his back they all know better. Only problem is Cal isn’t in on the joke.

I had hoped this year would be different but we all knew it was going to end badly. Too many of the same problems that have plagued us not only in past seasons but all year once again reared their ugly head. Sad thing is that I, we, couldn’t be surprised at what happened last night. Now We can all hope for something to happen, a change to be made, but as Ellis Boyd “Red” Redding said “Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.” I think I’ll see when American Pickers is on next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT