ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of games you attend (Which pretty much boils down to Life flexibility, location, & disposable income) has nothing to do with true fandom, everyone has different circumstances. You just don't seem to really care anymore...

Reactions: _Chase_
according to our favorite ksr intern....

Let’s be honest with ourselves for a minute: despite the fact that John Calipari seems more and more destined to retire at the University of Kentucky (thank you Cleveland), he probably doesn’t have more than 5 more years at this school. It’s just too much of a grind for a coach anymore. The fact we might get 10 years out of Calipari is a minor miracle.

wtf?

so:

#1 = cal wont coach 5 more years
#2 = he'll be retired for good within 5 years
#3 = 10 years total at kentucky is a miracle

what on earth is he talking about? bti is 0-fer-3, imo.

the worst assumption was coupling:

- he'll retire at kentucky
- he wont coach here 5 more years

that means, sometime around age 60, he'll walk away from coaching for good.

no.

I woke up Sunday morning after passing out and my Pappy and ice were still cold and ready for me to drink.
thumb.aspx

Had a rough year last year. I care...just had to keep things in perspective. UK Sports wasn't really high on the priority list.

RIP to 73's UK fandom. :(

Never forget me and him watching the 2012 Title game in 80 Proof's dining room (2 seconds ahead of airone else) on this little 22" television with Collins Ukwu and Coshik Williams.

We'll always have Limestone, brah.

556026_10150621814851831_1846719441_n.jpg

Last edited:
When has a highly successful coach walked away when it was time? He might not continuing coaching but he'll be doing something. I still think he gives the NBA another run UNLESS he gets the Olympic Team, which I feel is his ultimate goal.

-BS, for everyone on here UK sports are high on the priority list. Maybe not #1 like it once was but it's high up there.

-I didn't watch any of that game because I don't give a shit about college baseball. I just saw the red ass on twitter/facebook.

He's commented more on UofL's baseball team than he did the entire year of our attempt at undefeated. Just sayin'.

73 has three sports-freak sons who I imagine play something all year round. Considering how involved he is, with practices and games and work, I imagine he barely has time to breath, so I'm going to give him a break on his UK fandom.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Hot take... Think we light up the fng scoreboard this fall.

Playmakers are finally older, we have depth/talent at wideout and running back and our O line could be the best we've seen in a long time. Towles makes the leap after the year of ups/downs.

*takes another sip of morning frosty and continues to daydream*

#ALLIN

73 has three sports-freak sons who I imagine play something all year round. Considering how involved he is, with practices and games and work, I imagine he barely has time to breath, so I'm going to give him a break on his UK fandom.
My kids are just 7 and 4, and they had stuff going on every damn weekend this fall and spring. Can't imagine what he deals with.

Hard to top 2012 honestly. That year was pretty much heaven. So many great memories.

And as Geese just noted, watching games on smaller tvs is the way to go. Been doing this a long time. The magic of the small tv is golden when it comes to UK Basketball.

The officer in Tx that broke up the pool party may have overreacted to the situation- but his dive-roll into a full sprint was flat out textbook.

Reactions: wcc31
My UK Football Prediction...

3 Gimmies OOC
Louisville game 50/50
Vandy game 50/50
Missouri game 50/50
1 SEC win from someone not Vandy...UT or USC maybe?
A close SEC game somewhere that breaks our hearts

You can use this prediction for next year as well.

Lousiana-Lafayette W
USC-L
Florida and Mizzou-1 W, 1L
EKU-W
Auburn-L
MSU-L
UGA-L
Charlotte- W
UT,Vandy, UL- 1 W, 2 L's

I know they've beat us 1,000 in a row but this is the year we get Florida. They will be worse than last year.

Feel really bad for the kid. He doesn't have a chance.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!!
DO NOT EVEN TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

S Carolina should be down again. By all accounts Florida is going to be way down.

No shot against Auburn or Georgia. None.

UT is on the way up and they've built solid momentum from their bowl win.

Miss State lost a ton of staters on offense and defense but they have Prescott back and don't see us winning on the road.

We'll beat Vandy and the 3 OOC gimmes.

Comes down to the UL, S Carolina and
UT games.

I think we'll win, but anyone who thinks UL-Lafayette is a gimme is wrong.

Yeah, they won 9 and won a bowl game. But when you look a little closer, if we don't win by at least 2 TDs we are in trouble.

They had zero significant wins. Their losses were…

LA Tech 48-20
Ole Miss 56-15
Boise State 34-9
Appalachian St. 35-16

We both beat UL Monroe last year. We won 48-14, they won 34-27.

I think we'll be better defensively next year. We lost our best two players, but I think we'll be in better shape depth-wise to make up for it. I expect us to be much better at linebacker.

Two things I've learned through my UK football fandom*:

1. Never count on an improvement on defense
2. Never count on an improvement on the offensive line

As long as you assume you're getting the same thing (or worse) out of that unit as you did the year before, you'll be proven right. 6-6.

* I have two kids with active sports lives so that may affect my fandom level.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
I have two kids, only one of which plays sports, and it's rec league, so, you know, I have all the time in the world.

I'm not getting my hopes up until 73 starts watching football games on an Apple Watch.

73 said the other day that he is more interested in MLB and international soccer than UK football. That has nothing to do with kids or money.
That's gayer than when he used to tape his girlfriends picture to his shoulder pads in highschool.

If you lived in Lou you would have watched that game last night. From their pitcher running his deek sucker all night, to the UL players that were wearing super thick chains that hung down to their belly button, seeing them lose like that was wonderful.

[jumpingsmile][laughing]

That's gayer than when he used to tape his girlfriends picture to his shoulder pads in highschool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT