ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus, you have a jd. you deserve better, man. and youre drastically underpaid. all attorneys are. you deserve more.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
So has anyone ever done a video job interview before? Kind of like a Skype deal, I guess? Is it a pain in the ass?

I did it when I was moving back from Florida. Put on a shirt & tie, propped up my iPad and did an interview in my dining room. Pretty easy and not much different than sitting across from the person. Got offered the job so I guess it worked out OK.

Where do people even look for jobs today, I mean other than locally? Monster.com still a thing? Something similar?

I suspect it's a filtering interview, so this sounds about right. Kind of went out of my comfort zone (the job isn't in the legal field), so I'm surprised to even get this far

No surprise.

th

Did you see the pics of the fire? It was Die Hard esque.

*edit: I'll post. Our accounting guy was on the way to work and witnessed it - said it was 1 huge, long fireball across almost the entire bridge.
8003010_G.jpg

I think the real victims here are the reporters who must stand out there in a drizzling rain on an overcast day doing a remote for their news stations. Hopefully someone will make them some smores.

Reactions: _Chase_
Tucker blocked me for very sarcastically suggesting most homeless men had nice late model cars. That guy needs a damn cigarette or something

Speaking of that, Kyle Tucker has apparently blocked me. [laughing]

He does well on the UK Beat, but he is the epitome of a Touch Boy.

I wish guys would just mute you instead of blocking. Matt Jones blocked me last month over a tweet that wasn't even at him, just mentioned his name. Which means he must be searching his own name on Twitter with some regularity, but regardless, I use Twitter as my primary news source (if I see something interesting I'll chase it down at other sites.) So not having access to Jones is a pretty big hole in my news stream. If Tucker blocked me I might have to actually read the articles on this site like it's 2003.

Also, Pro-tip: I have a second account that I never tweet from anymore. I have it following a bunch of the better known Louisville fans and media, and any sports media that blocks me, like Jones. If I hear about or see retweeted that Jones broke a big story I can just switch to that account, and all the obnoxious Louisville fans I have no interest in following are fun to switch over and read after a big Louisville loss or Kentucky win every once in awhile.

Bozich >>>>>>>>>>> Tucker in Touch Boy Percentage Index. Doyel is up there, too. RunninRamel tops the scale in the super fan wannabe division.

Umm, no - not by a long shot. Learn GregNJ. He leads the world in that category.

Speaking of 'those' guys (Harris' circle jerk 'insider' crew), they were all jacking off CMD77 for "calling American Pharoah a week before the Derby"

"Yep, you nailed it"
"You were all over that one, I'll give props where deserved"
"Shoulda listened to you, you definitely had that one pegged"

[laughing]

He didn't take too kindly to my pointing out that MILLIONS of other people also shared that sentiment, which just happened to be why he went off at Churchill as the 5-2 Favorite.

That crew cracks me up.

Reactions: ctharris07
I don't read self help, motivational type stuff at all. I'll read some non-fiction stuff as long as it's entertaining like Wheelmen, Slaying the Badger, In the Kingdom of Ice or Unbroken.

the twitter names in those threads are as good as the responses themselves. "Hotboy Chuckie" obviously being the best.

Underrated "foot in mouth" Facebook moments-------->when someone wishes a dead person Happy Birthday. Cringe.

So has anyone ever done a video job interview before? Kind of like a Skype deal, I guess? Is it a pain in the ass?

There was a few second delay on skype from Iraq, which was kind of annoying. That and having to go diving under the table in the middle of it from a mortar attack...other than that I'd say it went pretty well.

I know the next golfer everyone here will love to hate- Bryson Dechambeau.

Won the NCAA individual championship last week, and apparently he's an absolute weirdo. Plays all custom made clubs (like not custom made by Titleist or Callaway...some guy with a small club company makes them for him). All of his irons and wedges are the exact same length, and his grips are the size of tennis racquet grips. Makes Briny Baird look like Fred Couples...

Oh, and he's birdied 8 of his last 10 holes in U.S. Open sectionals today, and is leading the STACKED Columbus sectional with all the guys who played in the Memorial yesterday by three shots.

Weird as hell...but it clearly works.

wait, hold on just one mf'ing gd second. he DOESNT play with titliest or callaway????

f him. just....yeah, F him. completely uncalled for.

he gets his clubs made by a small clubmaker.

[roll]

i mean, where he does get off. where does he freaking get off??

Basically golf's version of a hipster. Richie should love him. In addition to what fields said:
  • He has a one plane swing, drawing comparisons to Moe Norman.
  • He's majoring in Physics.
  • He puts the degree of loft on each of his irons rather than the number of the club
  • Wears a Ben Hogan hat.

dechambeau1_t640.jpg

image15.jpg

I haven't formed an opinion of him yet, but I'm leaning toward liking him.

he gets his clubs made by a small clubmaker.

[roll]

i mean, where he does get off. where does he freaking get off??

Considering he's probably the only person in major college or professional golf that does this, it's pretty unique.

But, I'd much rather hear your analysis of the problems with Tiger's swing that led to his 85 on Saturday...

PTI has a one-plane analysis. TIGER OLD. HURT. TIGER BROEK DOWN TOO COMPETE NO MORE. TIGE BODY BY JAKE KILLED GAME NO COME BACK FROM IT HAHALOLLOLAHAH

Reactions: NotchLickKat
briny baird is a loser.

this guy seems cool -- especially if he pisses off the old guard golfing brass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT