ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: kids sports

I get that it's gonna take up my weekend. I get that, due to logistics, people can't schedule youth leagues to fit around my football watching schedule. But what really grinds my gears is the weeknight games/practices starting at 5:30 or some ish. Especially when both parents work.

weeknight games/practices starting at 5:30 or some ish
Yep.

We've got a game at 6, so if you could have your player there no later than 5 so we can get some cage work in, that would be great.

False. Junior MIGHT be there in time for first pitch. Might.

Yep.

We've got a game at 6, so if you could have your player there no later than 5 so we can get some cage work in, that would be great.

False. Junior MIGHT be there in time for first pitch. Might.
IF YOU CARED ABOUT JUNIOR YOU'D LEAVE WORK EARLY YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PARENT AND THAT'S WHY YOUR KID WILL NEVER GO FARTHER THAN JUNIOR ELITE SELECT SEMI TRAVEL LOL

Reactions: BristolCat
So how do all of GYERO's kids get home from private school if neither parent can get off work early? Uber?

After school sports till atleast 6pm. GYERO doesn't have non sports playing pussies for kids.

Hard to get a 2nd practice or game in if you don't start at 6. Too late for kids especially on school nights with the 2nd game. And rain.

/facilitymanager

You can get away with earlier start times in smaller towns like ours, but not in bigger cities. My nephew's team has to be at the field at 4:30 on some weekdays for games here in Lexington. Ridiculous.

You can get away with earlier start times in smaller towns like ours, but not in bigger cities. My nephew's team has to be at the field at 4:30 on some weekdays for games here in Lexington. Ridiculous.
Yeah, that's a big reason why we aren't doing baseball right now. Pretty sure some of these schedules are on "Chevy-Chase-stay-at-home-mom" time and don't account for people who actually have jobs.

Yeah, that's a big reason why we aren't doing baseball right now. Pretty sure some of these schedules are on "Chevy-Chase-stay-at-home-mom" time and don't account for people who actually have jobs.
Really hope WS keeps working after the GYEROChrist is born so we can get some good working mom guilt/anger posts. This ^ in particular drives the Mrs. insane.

Reactions: natron20
Gymnastics is getting out of hand. Both girls are on competition teams now. Younger girl is there 8 hours a week. Older one 12 hours. We're there everyday but Sunday and Friday.

Joy. Nanny takes them for us in the summer. When school is in is when it gets hairy.

It's a daily race against the clock to get the kids by 530 at daycare when my wife isn't at work. At a certain point of accumulating extracurricular activities I'll have to begin looking for weakness in other parents to become my kids intermittent shuttle provider. Suzie Homemaker with the Honda Oddessy and the never ending Capri Suns FTW.

Willy, you get one of these yet?

1288423019960257570.gif

* What in the hell is that? I decided to keep my pond fish free until I get back from Destin (NO BOAT!) after next week.

I'm going back and forth between a couple of koi or a baby killer whale.

* There are a couple of cute little girls from down the street who come over and play with my kids every now and then. I see their Dad all of the time, but had never met their Mom until last night.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[thumb2]:100points::)

She is Columbian and she is pure smoke.

* Speaking of kids, my oldest is 5 today. How in the touch is that even possible? Time is moving way too fast, you guys.

* Is it possible to have a heart attack in your ear? If so, it may be happening to me right now.

-WS will absolutely be working. Researching child care right now. Stuck b/w nanny, daycare and dropping him off at WalMart daily.

-Newks does a pretty solid salad. Even saw our boys Mitch and Matt M there today.

-Was moving along great all day then electric goes out, wifi turns to shit, now I can't get on our server. Last 3 hours sucked for productivity.

-Ponds are a nuisance. TS. Raccoons, hawks, foxes, weasels are going to love those koi.

-Mitch and Mitchell are there weekly, I think. They usually take that table way back in the corner. Haven't tried anything at Newks' other than the pimento cheese sandwich. Thing is so good, just haven't felt like branching out.

-Seems like Cal might be looking at taking one long-term big in this class to join Kiwi and an elite big. That Sacha kid would fit the bill. Good long-term potential in that one.

-I know everyone is fawning over Malik Monk, and rightfully so, but I'd be just as happy with Rawle Alkins. Kid is tearing it up in that European tournament this weekend. Big, strong SG that plays against strong competition all year and is from a prestigious program(Christ the King in NYC). Monk can score, but he's also from SEC-West territory, and that usually gives me a bit of pause.

-Completely geeking over this new "Jurassic World" movie.

Reactions: B Rax
-Yeah, childcare research can DIAF. So can after school activities. What happened to just playing outside? Also, UL baseball can DIAF too. I did go up for that Mother's Day game to appease the fam, but I only went to the "tailgate" for about an hour and then drove back to Lex.

-I have been "so busy" trying to catch up at work, make all my midwife/chiro/massage appts and whatnot that I am just catching up on GYERO from last week. You all have made me laugh a lot.

-Did order an organic mattress today, so it's nice to check that off the list. Sleep EZ organic latex. Lordy, the mattress industry is a lot of crap and "marketing" websites parading as actual review websites, etc. It's tough to figure out.

-Completely effed up my back by overdoing it with spin class/walking/running early last week. I had to force myself to take a few days "off" and just walk a little. I'm feeling better now, but have to make sure I don't overdo it again. I'm apparently known as the crazy 8 month pregnant runner lady in the neighborhood. o_O I'm also still beating most of my coworkers in the fitbit challenge.

-Regarding Anth's workouts and weight loss. I give him shit everyday for telling me "how much weight he's lost" and such. But I guess it's good to get ahead while he can. I can't wait for a damn detox though. I am eating way too much chocolate.

-Birth class. [laughing] At least that instructor referred to the unborn as "these children" and "kids" instead of "Baby". She was also really high on the natural childbirth horse. Well, sorry lady, even this organic hippy midwife patient is getting drugs. Does labor really work?

-Sorry to make my post mostly about pregnancy, but when you are this pregnant, there's not much else to think about except for :pizza: and chocolate. and :beer: and wine. I am also impressed that an internet message board has created a child. Such a touching story for TCP/Cats Illustrated.

Nanny seems like the no-brainer, imo. Especially for someone rich like Jaimanthony. For the increased cost, the increased convenience/familiarity/attention would seem to balance it out....

...plus, from what I hear the elite Childcare places are more expensive (and political) than joining Idle Hour.

-Very impressed Sloot is at least open to the labor drugs. Props. Wife works with a natural/organic psycho who makes Jaimes seem like Urscn when it comes to that stuff regarding her kids/pregnancies.

-God Bless the people that actually put videos on the youtubes. It's seriously amazing, you can find a video on how to fix ANYTHING, right down to the touching serial number.

How to fix 2002 GE ICE MAKER Serial Number CVA1043, Enter.

Results: STEP BY STEP HOW TO FIX 2002 GE ICE MAKER CVA1043

Click, watch, fixed.

It really is incredible, and pretty much applies to anything in the world at this point. Cheers to whoever these people are. Maybe MAILER DAEMON is behind it all and not such a bad dude after all?

Last edited:
Billy Joe Shaver at Willie's Locally Known tonight. I think I'm too hungover from my long weekend trip to go. Plus, hitting Madison Theater in Covington Saturday night. Picking and choosing my battles and those kinds of things. /old

Daycare is one swift kick in the nuts every Monday morning when I see it deducted from my account. Jesus Christ. :angry:

Getting a slight breather as she'll be switching schools in August and it isn't infant care anymore, but still blows.

Political? Not sure what that means. Just get on the list the morning after conception and you should be fine.

Midwife? You guys aren't having a tub baby are you?
Hell no, Chase. I have just been going to these ladies as my female doc for several years because they are way nicer and take more time with their patients than an OB. If I was high risk, I'd be seeing a regular/high risk OB (which I saw for the 20 week ultrasound and all is well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT