ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Put 125 miles in on the bike last week. Legs are still fresh. That's good news. Hit my low since last August right before Atlantis and pretty close to 2 years ago. Thing is I think I've finally found the right mix. I'm not going stupid on the diet. Just picking my battles. Find it pretty easy to avoid breads and pasta then cheat a little when I've worked out a lot with potatoes.

What a relief. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
-[laughing] @PTI (pti) , Boat/Marina had it for like a year went out like 5 times

[pfftt]

#1 = i *lived* on that boat for 2 summers. was out 2-3 times/week.

#2 = since when is boating a "fad?"

by the way, here's a definition of "fad," for those of you who are struggling with this....

A fad is any form of behavior that develops among a large population and is collectively followed enthusiastically for a period of time, generally as a result of the behavior being perceived as popular by one's peers or being deemed "cool" by social media.[1] A fad is said to "catch on" when the number of people adopting it begins to increase rapidly. The behavior will normally fade quickly once the perception of novelty is gone.[1]

toe-glove running shoes, jack3d, ed hardy, sups, tiger woods golf, snapchat, small batch micro brew craft beer, atkins diet, p90x = fad.

biking, boating, driving a nice vehicle, vacationing, home remodeling, sports, television = NOT a fad.

Nice little trip back to Louisville over the weekend...

Played WIldwood with my dad on Saturday. Course is in good shape but the greens are dry and some are probably a bit too hard. I've only seen one picture of Beavis' golf swing so him posting a score in the low 80's and subtly complaining about it was a bit surprising. I'll gladly take a round under 85 right now.. hitting the ball fine, but not scoring at all, especially inside 150.

Stopped by Bonzo's pool late in the afternoon to see a few buds, drank a couple cold ones out of my new Yeti cup... probably the coldest beer i've ever had.

18 oz porterhouse with pimento whipped mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms at Jack Fry's. Wife got the filet- both were excellent. Caramel creme brulee for dessert.

I thought the call down the stretch was pretty awesome. Larry Collmus' ( had to look it up) excitement screaming "American Pharoah has won... the Triple Crown" gave a pretty good chill. Hope its a long time before we see it again- but everyone who likes sports should get to witness that in their lifetime.

I know he's young and will fill out his frame, but that QB we offered yesterday weighs less than me. We're upgrading our QB names though... from Pat and Drew to Mac and Gunnar.

I know we've all pretty much grown up beyond bar hopping on Bardstown road, but i still enjoy driving through the slow moving traffic jams on a weekend night in the summer time. Windows down, watching the freaks up and down the sidewalk.

anth is having a child next month. ha. what a hypocrite. that guy gets sucked into any silly old fad.

- Probably my favorite weekend of the summer. Got a little too drunk Saturday night, but besides that, it was about perfect.

- Few more summery feelings than a night at Riverbend. Had VIP tickets in the Pavilion, 8 rows up. Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds opened it up for us acoustic "Dancing Nancies" and then it was on from there. Just a great show.

- Saturday, hit up Belterra Park with my boys to bet some racing before rolling up to Mt. Adams to take in the Belmont. It was awesome to see. It's rare in sports where everyone is rooting for the same thing. Had a smile on my face the entire night.

- Ridiculous how good LeBron is. The guy does everything...and that is no exaggeration.

- Last night was exactly why people have a hard time buying in on jump-shooting teams. You just never know when you're going to lose it. Of course, the Warriors do so many other things well that they're not just a jump-shooting team.

- NBA Guy cracks me up when it comes to officiating. I love how they'll admit something was a good call...but then criticize the refs for making it. "Yeah, that was a walk...BUT you don't call that there." What? Shut up.

- Have to agree with that Paisley take. That dude has some awful songs.

It's ok, bud. Embrace it. Spending your hard earned money is what you're supposed to do.

Also, knowing WS we'll be on a nazi-strict diet the day after G is born.

Awesome weekend:

-Damn, that Belmont was so cool. Rolled over to Churchill around 6:20 on a whim, grabbed a double bourbon, made a few bets, and watched it on the Big Board with the crowd. Chills the entire way, such a cool moment. There aren't many things more exciting in sports than a Triple Crown race, especially one of that magnitude. Just awesome

-Member/Member this weekend...ended up 3rd in our Flight (and 5th overall). Missed the shootout, but our team cashed in just shy of a Grand, which was nice. Finally won some money out there.

...witnessed one of the most painful things ever. Team leading our flight had 2 putts from 4 feet to win 5K, then advance to the shootout for the grand prize. Dude lips his 4 footer to about kick-in range...walks around and taps it in like we've all done 1000000 times, and it lips out. Ugh. Ended up being potentially a $8,000 putt or so....I'm not exaggerating when I say it was a foot or less. Just Brutal.

-Bron is struggling from the field, but he's playing a game/role he's not entirely comfortable with, having to shoot that much. But he's basically willing them to a competitive series without his best 2 players...pretty unreal. Averaging 42/12/9 in the Finals -- Just imagine what Jordan would be doing!

Curry was pretty miserable last night, it happens. It's more amazing it doesn't happen more often, really -- for such a volume shooter who takes so many bad (for anyone else) shots. Testament to him that it doesn't.

...Klay Thompson is pretty amazing to watch in his own right when he gets really going. That quick pull is lethal.

Weird Finals for me, still don't know who I'm rooting for. Game 1 I was cheering on the Warriors, last night I was in Bron's corner...I'm good either way on this one - 7 OT games would be wodie.

-When is baseball season, btw?

-yolo

So a truck driver jumped off the Clays Ferry I75 overpass after his truck caught on fire because he thought it was going to blow up? Why not just run down the street? Weird.

We ate at Santiago's in February. PTI was there. One of the top 5 fullest moments of my life. I think we ordered the entire menu. To the point we actually were hoping they forgot the last round of plates. Place is dope.

2 Cents is our favorite little place down there.
Yup, both places are great. Hit up Tiki Bar at The Galleon for a nice sunset with a drink. Or you can come visit the greatest mixologist in the world (me) at Conch Farm or Tattoos and Scars. I'll be the guy with the handlebar mustache ignoring isrichiegonnastart.

Reactions: Dore95
So a truck driver jumped off the Clays Ferry I75 overpass after his truck caught on fire because he thought it was going to blow up? Why not just run down the street? Weird.

Did you see the pics of the fire? It was Die Hard esque.

*edit: I'll post. Our accounting guy was on the way to work and witnessed it - said it was 1 huge, long fireball across almost the entire bridge.
8003010_G.jpg

Last edited:
anyone catch 20/20 on friday night? definitely made this kentuckian/lexingtonian proud. chick was a dunbar grad, kentucky grad, nku law grad.....and shot/killed/murdered her boyfriend in a jealous rage. about 45 minutes of the hour episode was her confessional/interrogation video, and she was wearing a UK t-shirt.

go cats!!!

anyone catch 20/20 on friday night? definitely made this kentuckian/lexingtonian proud. chick was a dunbar grad, kentucky grad, nku law grad.....and shot/killed/murdered her boyfriend in a jealous rage. about 45 minutes of the hour episode was her confessional/interrogation video, and she was wearing a UK t-shirt.

go cats!!!

That happened in the condos where I used to live.

Maybe the guy shouldn't have had so many guns laying around.

poor guy could have been pounding miss ohio, and instead was getting face-shot by some skeez.

poor move on his part.

Ive always been a traditionalist with golf shoes, but finally grabbed a pair of spikeless shoes that are basically running shoes with better tread. They look aight, but are comfortable and obvs much better to walk in. Also they were like $45 on amazon so why not.
71UiX4PPUzL._UX575_.jpg

Definitely like the traditional style when it comes to golf shoes....can't see myself ever owning a pair that look like tennis shoes.

Hell, the main reason I started PLAYING golf was b/c I wanted to be able to click/clack on the sidewalks & cart paths. [smoke]

That was a pretty unreal feeling for a little kid, I miss those things.

I believe that is Preston Worley's sister in that photo. (Frat bro of Clark). She dated that guy before that crazy B, FWIW.

*edit - just realized the names on the original article linked - duh.

Last edited:
Those shoes look comfortable but can they handle the morning dew? #2 most important thing for me with golf shoes besides comfort. #3 is the cleanability (word?) of the shoe.

1.) 100% Water resistant (plenty of shoes make this inaccurate claim)
2.) Comfort
3.) Look/Cleanability

Comfort doesn't mean anything if your feet are damp.

I went budget my first pair or two when I got back playing several years ago....stupid decision. Golf Shoes, like Toiler Paper & Small Batch Micro Artisan Beer, are one of the few products that I'll gladly pay a 'premium' for the real thing or superior quality -- budget golf shoes simply do not get it done, imo.

I still have a couple pairs of dryjoys i'll wear, but i like to walk 9 after work every now and again and I figured they would be good for that kind of thing

26d94fa5672c8ee229a943234632fa6b_zpsooh2g3zv.jpg

Had this swing set installed Friday/Saturday. Nice. Kids and blonde not included.

Big Dance recital on Saturday. Sat thru 27 performances. My youngest went 5th and my oldest went 23rd. They actually moved it along pretty quickly, but damn.

Big dual birthday party for the girls yesterday. Daddy smoked 2 Boston Butts.

My whole family, her parents plus a few neighbors. I needed to come back to work today to recuperate. Exhausted.

So has anyone ever done a video job interview before? Kind of like a Skype deal, I guess? Is it a pain in the ass?
we do them for some entry level jobs if we have a higher number of candidates we want to talk to since we have applicants from all over and dont have the cash to bring them all to campus.

we weed out most of them and then bring 2-3 on campus for in person interviews

Dug up about 150 pavers on Friday, threw down some sand to level it out to so I could reinstall them, only to have a 10ft in diameter kiddie pool over take the area for what appears to be the summer. Kids are enjoying their beach though.

What the hell is in the water over at Lafayette? Two absolute monster OL worthy of at least 4 star ratings drawing offers from everywhere. Add in the Jackson kid and there is a real opportunity to have size and skill at OL that we may have never had and it 's all home grown.

Little man has mastered the art of removing his pants and diaper to piss all over the place. It's aggravating as hell but it has to be liberating to run pissing without a care.

Reactions: Mashburned
we do them for some entry level jobs if we have a higher number of candidates we want to talk to since we have applicants from all over and dont have the cash to bring them all to campus.

we weed out most of them and then bring 2-3 on campus for in person interviews
I suspect it's a filtering interview, so this sounds about right. Kind of went out of my comfort zone (the job isn't in the legal field), so I'm surprised to even get this far.

Reactions: _Chase_
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT