ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
49? Are you sh*tting me? I don't care what level it is, that is ridiculous. Calipari would NEVER put up with that shot volume. How many were at the stripe?

Seriously, and not that your ego needs the boost, but that really is something.

What if I told you...there was a bus for bitches? What if I told you... a slap at a tailgate could change the course of sports radio history? What if I told you an ice storm could lead to more than just pipes busting?

What if I told you... a window... could be a toilet?

Bill Simmons presents: GYERO 20 for 20. Twenty incredible stories, presented by twenty groundbreaking directors. Coming this fall to GyeroTV.

F John Calipari.

I’d let EDLC F me, prolly

Good call on Cal and Zion both going to shit. Zion on the IR for fat and Damar Hamlin dies and returns to action before Zion does.

3 days of golf this weekend. 76, 81, and 81. Not mad. 81 at park mammoth was my best there. Can’t putt that place for crap, but I’m learning the greens a tad better.

3 days of golf this weekend. 76, 81, and 81. Not mad. 81 at park mammoth was my best there. Can’t putt that place for crap, but I’m learning the greens a tad better.
Anyone care to post their LAC pick up ball stats?

Me? Oh, well it was chest day (CRUSHED OBVIOUSLY) and then a *stunning* 20 minute treadmill walk incline 8 and speed 4 post lift.

Shot a 32 on the front nine the other day (of course par was 29, Lakeview Par 3 in Frankfort LOL)
I think it was 32. Keeping score isn't one of my forte's. I start OUT meaning to, but by the fifth hole I've forgotten to keep up with it. I'm nowhere NEAR good enough for it to matter. At least I can drive the ball 200 plus yards now. Which is all I ever really wanted out of the game. LOL (to be able to go out with some folks, and not be a complete embarassment.) Plus, I play faster than an Asian. (mainly because I hit it dead straight, if not far. I probably lose 1 ball every couple of rounds)

Last edited:
Shot a 32 on the front nine the other day (of course par was 29, Lakeview Par 3 in Frankfort LOL)
I think it was 32. Keeping score isn't one of my forte's. I start OUT meaning to, but by the fifth hole I've forgotten to keep up with it. I'm nowhere NEAR good enough for it to matter. At least I can drive the ball 200 plus yards now. Which is all I ever really wanted out of the game. LOL (to be able to go out with some folks, and not be a complete embarassment.) Plus, I play faster than an Asian. (mainly because I hit it dead straight, if not far. I probably lose 1 ball every couple of rounds)
It’s basically understood that no matter where you are, if there’s an Asian on the course they are going to back everyone up, even if it’s a single. Right?

Awe, did I just do a racism?

Fun facts

Since arriving at UK, Cal is 12-3 vs Louisville, including 8-2 vs Rick Pitino coached Cards, including 2 wins in the NCAA tournament. His average margin of victory is over 11 points while all 3 Louisville victories were one possession games, each 3 point wins. Two of those 3 wins were against Cal's worst teams at UK.

As a matter of fact, since the famous Dream Game of '83, UK is 29-14 vs UL. That includes a 3-1 record in NCAA tournament games. UL's victories include Sutton's last year and Pitino's first year, the 2 Billy Clyde years and Cal's 2 worst teams, as previously mentioned.

These are facts we all know, but still fun to say out loud. Sometimes it's nice to smile about Kentucky basketball.

It’s basically understood that no matter where you are, if there’s an Asian on the course they are going to back everyone up, even if it’s a single. Right?

Awe, did I just do a racism?

No.

Asians run to their ball.

I’m bad and you are terrible. Take a break and please take Rogue with you. For him to give someone shit for posting something inane is rich.

I was just busting balls as softball stat guy gets all the grief on here but casual golf guy is easily the most likely to tell you his scores without anyone ever asking.

One of my best buds works on a course and I’ll just be like what’s up bud, how was your day?

Well played a round this morning before the course was even open (stop here, that’s all that was asked) but always goes on to say front nine 39 back nine 42.

I’m not your mother I’m not putting the scores on the fridge.

Asians would walk instead of cart, who wants to WALK an entire golf course carrying a #60 bag?

My dad always did and every time thought I would too. “Let’s go what’re you waiting for?”

“Uhhhh, getting myself a cart.”

Golf is supposed to be fun not exercise.

Love exercising at a gym, hates the idea of walking around with a bag on my back wearing slacks and a polo on a Sunday afternoon “for fun”.

I mean, would you dress like that to go on a 4 mile hike? That’s basically what you’re doing. Throwing on a #60 backpack and walking up and down hills for 4ish miles dressed like Jake from State Farm.

So are we excited about Burks or nah?

6’9” wing that will likely be at the 4 as well. Averaged 27, 8 and 5 for Overtime Elite.

Reminds me of one of Cals Memphis guys. Long, shifty, can score multiple ways. Of course, he only shot 26% from 3, and 46% from the field while taking the most shots on the team.

Obvious project, but hopefully a guy that will be around for 4 years. Says it’s been his dream to play at Kentucky.

This is a super optimistic view, obviously.

When you are at rock bottom, you have no where to go but up. Go Cats!

Last edited:
-Bat Cats were just out classed in Baton Rouge. Mistakes (watching strike 3 w/full count and runners on/pitching to the overall #1 pick) yesterday didn't help. Good step for the program though.

-80 nailed it. No transfer is looking to come compete with 5* freshmen for playing time. What a mess.

-Across the Spider-Verse is so damn good. Sony crushes.

-Elly! ⚡

-Djokovic 🐐

-Adam Hadwin getting the Terry Tate treatment on the 18th green was the best of the weekend.

Last edited:
* Headline from KSR:

Kentucky adds some depth.

lol.

* Elly de la Cruz is everything we wanted and then some. Absolutely manufactured the winning run yesterday against the Cardinals.

- walk
- moved to 2nd on a groundout (would have been a fielders choice otherwise)
- moved to 3rd on a passed ball
- scored on a groundout with the infield drawn in (looked like the throw beat him by 5 feet, too)

The dude is absolutely electric. 3 games out. Let's get Nick Lodolo healthy, call up CES, and go ahead and win this division.

2024 NL Champs.

* That's a wrap on the race production business until September/October. Lass took the leap and decided to run our race business full time this year, and the past 2 weekends she produced a 2-race series taking place at twin bars (each one on different sides of the river). Hugely successful, great turnout, made some coin, and got tons of positive affirmation. She's going to be great at this.

* When I picked up the pup, the volunteer at the shelter said "3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months." A little cliche for the amount of time it takes most dogs to make new strides in their comfortability in their environment. He was so right. First 2-3 days and our poor guy was terrified. Just hid in the corner and shook most of the time. We're 4-5 days in now and the guy is fun and playful and turning into a maniac. I love it.

* Conventional wisdom says you can't send a starter out for a couple innings, sit him for an extended period (like a rain delay), then send him back out once again. I disagree, but whatev.

So if you're wondering why LSU bitched out and refused to play until the rain was 100% certainly past, that's why. No taking chances when their ace was on the mound. F them.

* Party in the USA still slaps.

* Seriously, I cannot believe Joe Rogan interviewed f'ing Jelly Roll. I tried to listen but couldn't. He's so completely awful.

* We're grinding our own beans and I'm drinking coffee black nowadays. Really upping my snobbery.

* Don Winslow -- The Cartel.

2nd in the series, which is really good. Just don't follow that goofball on social media.

* Next up = either Chaos (Tom O'Neill, about Charles Manson/CIA/etc), or Manufacturing Consent (Chomsky, the pedo).

* Corbin Carroll likely has NL ROY on lock, but that idiot/loser/clueless Matt McClain is having a pretty epic season in his own right.

.336 with 21 runs scored in his first 25 games. Wake up, America. This dude is legit. The epitome of the professional hitter.

* The social media hype for Matt Rife tickets, I'm convinced, is some sort of Russian bot/Ticketmaster collusion or something. He is talented and sexy, though. Gotta give him that.

* Was talking to a dude the other day who worked for years as a civilian contractor in the middle east. In Kuwait, alcohol was illegal, so they would have to pay $500 for a bottle of Jack Daniel's from their "dealer."

So anyways, that Riyadh tour stop next year should be fun for some of these guys. I assume John Daly and Pat Perez will sit that one out?

* Tittays.

Q: Was there a specific moment, that you can recall, where you were like "That's where I'm gonna play ball"?

Jordan Burks: I don't go off of this *points to the Kentucky hat*, this *points at Kentucky jersey*, I just go off of Coach Calipari. When he's at Memphis, UMass, it's the same coach. I just want to play for the coach... he just happened to coach at this *points at Kentucky hat* school.

Well, at least it's not "get out of there as soon as possible" bad, but obviously this sounds like another kid that got swept up in the aura and history of joining the greatest program in college basketball history. He's gonna love his four years here! 🤡

A 3-star getting swept up in the aura of John is like some of the GYERO regular fondly reminiscing stories of attending Pitino's basketball camp 30 years ago and a young Travis Ford ordering everyone pizza when they spent the night in sleeping bags at Haggin Hall.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Q: Was there a specific moment, that you can recall, where you were like "That's where I'm gonna play ball"?

Jordan Burks: I don't go off of this *points to the Kentucky hat*, this *points at Kentucky jersey*, I just go off of Coach Calipari. When he's at Memphis, UMass, it's the same coach. I just want to play for the coach... he just happened to coach at this *points at Kentucky hat* school.

Well, at least it's not "get out of there as soon as possible" bad, but obviously this sounds like another kid that got swept up in the aura and history of joining the greatest program in college basketball history. He's gonna love his four years here! 🤡
THE GOLD STANDARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT