ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burks (and Hart) are the types of players we should be getting to fill out our roster. Nice pickup.

Especially if there was any chance he'd stick around for 3-4 years. (there isn't)

But, man, he won't change things much for this year's team. Maybe let Watkins, Darbyshire, Canada or Horn get a water break every now and then. This team needs some experience. I can't believe how poorly Cal has handled the portal this offseason. Amazingly bad.

Q: Was there a specific moment, that you can recall, where you were like "That's where I'm gonna play ball"?

Jordan Burks: I don't go off of this *points to the Kentucky hat*, this *points at Kentucky jersey*, I just go off of Coach Calipari. When he's at Memphis, UMass, it's the same coach. I just want to play for the coach... he just happened to coach at this *points at Kentucky hat* school.

Well, at least it's not "get out of there as soon as possible" bad, but obviously this sounds like another kid that got swept up in the aura and history of joining the greatest program in college basketball history. He's gonna love his four years here! 🤡
This is such an alarming statement. Tells me everything I need to know about the state of the program.

“This” University. SMMFH

A barely 4 star with zero respect shown for the history and tradition of THIS university. Kinda shows me how Cal recruits. Come play for me, I’ll get you ready. I will empower you. I will protect you. I am the program.

Might as well call ourselves We All Can Go Calipari Select Premier or some shit. Change our colors and uniforms. Play our games at facilities with multiple courts/games going on. Knock out our SEC schedule in a couple of weekends by getting in 4-5 games. Hope we can play the Peach Jam and other AAU nonsense.

It’s ridiculous what the culture of this program has been reduced to. We should be happy about landing a recruit with potential, but his comments reflect so much to me about how Cal views this this program and it’s fanbase imo.

Hey Horseracing- get your shit together. Christ.

That Fox Broadcast was one of the worst major event broadcasts I've ever seen. NBC Triple Crown coverage is so good w/ the cameras, sound, etc -- it's majestic.

That shit was like Jefferson Pilot, couldn't even hear the call. 🤮

I think Fox does a good job with CFB games (Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt do a great job) and CBB games (Raftery, John Fanta, Jason Benetti, etc.). Their studio shows are garbage, but I think their actual in-game productions are really good in those two particular sports. And Pedro is good on their MLB shows. But yeah, the rest...garbage.

Because he’s still available and he’s a 3 star. You think he’s going to come in here and *shine*?
He was a decommit from an SEC school, you dipshit. He isn't some Johnny Come Lately with offers from Hofstra and Bucknell. He's a tall, lanky scorer who has pick and pop capability. We just hired a coach who specializes in player development. Let him develop the guy. I'm not saying he's going to "shine" immediately, but saying he's not very good is just stupid.

I'm pissed off too about how Cal has handled this off season. I want seasoned veterans. But I like this kid's potential. I think it's a good pickup.

"I say let 'em go out whenever they want to go out. If they want to go out of high school, if they want to go after one year, two years, three years. What I say to everybody is, 'Kentucky will eat first. Whatever the rules are, we will eat first' so it really doesn't matter," Calipari said.

Yeahhhh riiiiight

"I say let 'em go out whenever they want to go out. If they want to go out of high school, if they want to go after one year, two years, three years. What I say to everybody is, 'Kentucky will eat first. Whatever the rules are, we will eat first' so it really doesn't matter," Calipari said.

Yeahhhh riiiiight
I mean, we do have the #1 recruiting class in the country.

I guess I have to admire Vern's undying defense of Cal and this program.

He's dead f*cking wrong, but I admire his determination nonetheless.
I'm not defending, just offering the other side. I've stated that this could be the end of Cal. But it could also be his rebirth. I'm just not one to quickly submit to popular opinion.

Regardless, Cal has some fixing to do. There is no doubt about that.

There's a zero percent chance a team of 8 freshmen and 2 sophomores will have anything close to what I and others would proclaim a successful Kentucky Basketball Season.

Of course we have the Cal Super Friends who will be thrilled with a 17-13 1st round exit

But that's not my program. The standards are the standards.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Since the portal opened and NIL became legal the Final 4 has had 3 true freshmen starters, out of 60. Only 1 was a top 10 recruit and he was the #1 overall pick surrounded by multiple returning 5* recruits.
It's a very small sample size that's been skewed by all of the COVID super seniors.

This kid is now a wildcat. Is it his fault Cal/UK mismanaged this offseason?

Should Cal have turned these recruits down from coming here just to land some portal players?

Some of you don’t want to hear this but Cal had to be sick of the constraints from the past 2 seasons that were blatantly obvious to everyone.

Assuming Burks/Shep don’t bail next year I’d guess they are a solid couple of pieces with Thiero/Ugo to have and not be in the exact same situation we are this year.

Strokin, KSR touched on the attitude issues too, but that Cousins and a few others had those same issues and Cal does well with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT