ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty easy for opposing coaches to show these guys

1. Our offense

2. Show them how many transfers we've put in the league (something not many people are talking about, but we haven't raised the profile for NBA scouts of any of our transfers.)

3. Show them the reports that Reeves made less than 6 figures.

4. Show them who Reeves played behind.

Throw in that we make no NIL promises and what would make any transfer want to come here?

Ironically, UK basketball has been suckin’ hind teat since we whiffed on Zion. Now both Cal and Zion are goddamn current laughing stocks.

Both have simultaneously bottomed out.
Many think Cal lost it after losing to WI in 2015 but I have always felt the beating he took to Coach K in recruiting in 2018 and then the blowout to the same recruits that year was a serious sign of things to come. When he started getting beat at his own game (one and done) he did not have any more aces up his sleeve.

Just to play devils advocate, we raised Oscar’s profile from an unknown at WVU to a well-known POY that can’t get drafted…
That's true, but like I said, he didn't raise his profile to the pro scouts. Even the textbook example of a transfer who blew up in the new situation at Kentucky, he still didn't do much for his NBA aspirations. And I don't blame Cal for that. These guys are still in college for a reason. Reid Travises and Antonio Reeves are mostly never getting drafted. But that's Cal's big draw to recruits, and it doesn't work for transfers.

Reactions: jayroon
Got a gut feeling that rock bottom is coming soon.

- You can’t keep or get upperclassmen in this program.
- One of more of these freshmen will opt out - ERRRRR - get injured and miss a majority of the season.
- I’m hopeful Dillingham gets to campus but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t/couldn’t.

Things are almost at the breaking point. I want these young dudes to be so good they can overcome it all, but it’s looking like things will have to fall luckily into place and be masterfully navigated by a presumably washed up and tired HOF’er resting on his laurels.

I’m going to shut up about it. I need to shut up about it. It’s a long time between now and November.

Is he cleared? I had heard there would be some issues regarding his eligibility?
It won’t matter. That fool can’t coach. It’s as simple as that. We will run even more basic stuff since we are 18/19 years old.

The guy is done. Just how far will we slide until the universe cuts us a break.

It won’t matter. That fool can’t coach. It’s as simple as that. We will run even more basic stuff since we are 18/19 years old.

The guy is done. Just how far will we slide until the universe cuts us a break.

There is Vern, then there is this!

Truth most likely is in the middle, hopefully.

The way the roster is set up with all freshman, along with the fact that we apparently can’t convince any upperclassmen to stay or transfer in, basically sets us up for nothing but a roster of freshman going forward. It’s going to get really ugly real fast around here. It may even be worse than the end of the Gillespie years when it’s all said and (one and) done.

We have probably 3 of next years top 10 draft picks, including possibly the #1 pick.

Pretty sure that’s all any transfer can see and are scared about playing time. F em!

I don’t trust Cal, but I love this team. Going to be a lot of you wanting off the bitch bus in a few months.

We have probably 3 of next years top 10 draft picks, including possibly the #1 pick.

Pretty sure that’s all any transfer can see and are scared about playing time. F em!

I don’t trust Cal, but I love this team. Going to be a lot of you wanting off the bitch bus in a few months.
The problem going forward , like I said, is that he will have no upperclassmen at all because of the turnover. 5 freshman in, 5 out, 5 in. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. There will always be a new group that nobody wants to sit behind.

Also, there may be 3 or 4 1st rounders on this team but almost everyone is saying that the top of this years freshman class isn’t anywhere near as good as years past. We shall see. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Bradshaw turns out to be this years Dragon/Vanderbilt/Clarke.

NCAA death penalty via John Calipari.
He's managed to do in 6 years what racist coaches, blatant cheating, point-shaving, 2 drunks, and a vindictive NCAA couldn't manage to do in the previous 114.

So, I guess he DID actually "make history" here.
We're essentially a prep school now. like Oak Hill Academy. A place to go to get your name on the map, and move on ASAP, to bigger and better things.

Last edited:
What about Wodie? IIRC "Adrian Baldwin tickled the twin for 29." back in the day.
I said it was the DEATH penalty under Calipari, but that's not really fair. It's more akin to him giving us polio.

We're the sad little sickly kid with leg braces, that all the parents don't want you to play with and who goes to special classrooms at school.

Shewboy! Cal wearing shoes (tonight maybe?or last Finals game) saying in HUGE blue letters WE THE BEST is some tone deaf, “lalalala I can’t hear you” shit if I’ve ever seen it.

What about Wodie? IIRC "Adrian Baldwin tickled the twin for 29." back in the day.
I said it was the DEATH penalty under Calipari, but that's not really fair. It's more akin to him giving us polio.

We're the sad little sickly kid with leg braces, that all the parents don't want you to play with and who goes to special classrooms at school.

This was unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT