ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...

That is, well, just damn...
I can see him falling asleep on his own (dominant) hand, but I never thought he'd bail on a slice.

Baseball was my first love. I told it to **** off in the 90's and again in the 20's.

I can still revel in the misery of Reds and Cubs fans tho.

Although, my schadenfreude is short lived as a Mets fan.

Well, not fan anymore, but my favorite team.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31
Nice win Reds.

Crowd is hyped.

The organization are GD clowns to not bring Elly up Friday when you're 3 games out of first with the 1st place team coming to town for a 4 game series. Lose 3/4, season pretty much over anyways.

UKO is a dork

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
It can’t be overstated that De La Cruz is the type of talent that will not just be good, but give his young talented teammates the confidence to over achieve too!

They don’t have the same pitching but this feels a lot like the hitting talent coming up for ATL 4 years ago that has honestly dominated the NL since.

Hate to project, BUT in the event that they are really in it around the deadline they have plenty of pieces to get a pitcher or two!

Reactions: jayroon
How is it possible to be completely wrong about EVERYTHING in life. He's nailed it though.

Also cheats on his wife.

If Miami can pull this game out tonight it’ll be fun to see what Denver does under pressure.

One thing is for sure, Miami won’t quit or fold under pressure but they are not the better team. I’m cheering like hell for them though.

Reactions: jayroon
I'm not even a Reds fan and I'm excited about Elly. Baseball's ratings are up, game durations are down, and there's a ton of great young stars to watch. Might as well add one more to the mix, especially for a market that's been desperately needing some juice for a while.

Besides, my Guardians(lolz) are butt this year, and probably need to go ahead and trade their ace while he still has some market value left. So I'm looking for other reasons to stay engaged with the game once the NBA/CBB seasons are over.

Side note...Jacob DeGrom is CURSED, man.

* I watch the Reds pretty regularly on tv, and I honestly had to think about it for a second when I saw the name "John Sadak." He's the extremely underwhelming play-by-play guy who replaced Thom Brennaman. Just a totally nondescript, ordinary tv announcer.

Now imagine following him on Twitter. 🤣

What does that guy talk about? His favorite soup? The best time of year to plant gardenias?

* This Matt Rife guy is something else, man. Seems like his superstardom came out of nowhere. He's really good, but I also feel like he's hustled and busted his ass to really capture the nation by storm using social media. Just seems like that kinda guy.

Rogan talks about how every decent comic gets a Netflix special, and he frequently encourages them to just do a free gig and put it up on YouTube instead, which will get like 100x as many views. Shane Gillis took that path, iirc.

* I need this, right?

Mitchel & Ness -- Pete Rose BP Jersey

* Dave Portnoy's best work ever.....

Jay Monahan is a gigantic, world class piece of shit.

* Pretty amazing what the Saudis are doing right now. They just stepped in and F'd up the world of professional golf, held a jihadist gun to their head, and said "either sell to us or we'll put you out of business." Some dude from Qatar is about to buy Manchester United.

I wonder what they'll go after next? I've got a small but profitable health insurance and benefits consulting business I'm willing to whore myself out to a foreign terrorist oppressive government to sell to/merge with.

* Heading up to beautiful St Francisville, LA tomorrow to pick up the new addition to the family. A 40-pound blue tick hound mix. His birth name "Spur" will absolutely not stick, and if I catch any of you shaming MF'ers deadnaming him it's gonna be trouble.

Gal is desperate to have a boy named "Sue." We shall see.

* Happy Global Running Day. May not mean much to you folks, but my nerdy ilk around here have events all day long. Tonight we're joining a group run from the newest brewery in town. Free beer. Yay.

* You know who else is cursed? Stephen Strasburg. He has serious nerve damage and may never pitch again. So after signing a 7-year, $245 million contract, here's his production....

2020 = 2 starts, 0-1, 10.80 era
2021 = 5 starts, 1-2, 4.57 era
2022 = 1 start, 0-1, 13.50 era
2023 = has not pitched

Is that good?

* Jordan Burks.

** whew **

We now have EIGHT scholarship players.

* I've had several friends get their facebook accounts completely hijacked by crypto people. So on a daily basis they (or their account, if you will) posts all these hype posts about people they helped invest in crypto who made hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit. Basically it looks like your typical MLM post. Very strange.

* Elon Musk is soooo hard to listen to in an interview. The autism spectrum is a thing..

So is it clear how the pay will be now from LIV back to PGA? Or are the Saudi’s still pitching less golf and the same money?

Wasn’t that the draw?

* You know who else is cursed? Stephen Strasburg. He has serious nerve damage and may never pitch again. So after signing a 7-year, $245 million contract, here's his production....

2020 = 2 starts, 0-1, 10.80 era
2021 = 5 starts, 1-2, 4.57 era
2022 = 1 start, 0-1, 13.50 era
2023 = has not pitched

Is that good?
Unreal. You may be one of a dozen who knew Strasburg was still alive, let alone collecting dough.

Reds. Good for the city. More vibrant more spending, more drinking, less violence. Market that!

FC Cincinnati doing well. City of Champions.

I don’t mean to cut into all the Reds excitement but my Marlins are in 2nd place just three games behind ATL. 🤷‍♂️

Carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT