ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn’t swim because of a little league baseball game with a CPA as your coach you were a pussy and so were your parents. If you couldn’t play a game of baseball at 11 because you swam a little earlier you’re also a pussy.

We swam everyday all summer and won a World Series in the EABC. Seriously the dumbest of rules. Don’t swim in the summer because you have to stand at second base or sit in a dugout for 2 hours and actually play for 20 minutes.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
lol I said we won the title one year, and I was a starter. It’s the dumbest thing to think you as a 12 year old don’t have the energy to swim and then play baseball, the slowest game of all time. Maybe you had Low T.

• Love
Reactions: ThroughBlue
Based on my Facebook feed rec baseball is already over. No worries about swim/baseball overlaps.

Am I just remembering wrong because I don’t ever remember having games during the school year, much less the entire season.

All I know is that when I was 13 my team went to the pool all day, chased the muff around, got sunburnt to hell, and then absolutely got smoked by a lesser opponent that evening. And I've still never received an ass-chewing like our coach gave us that night.

And today, would you rather have that memory or winning a little league game?

I don’t remember many specific games but I remember running around the country club pool with hot chicks and my buddies smashing burgers.

Reactions: UKMKG and bbonds
It's kinda funny though to be banished outside for 12 hours on a summers day because "you kids got burn off a little energy" but 2-hour game day was all about "save some of that energy". There was no idea of load management, it was all a zero sum game.

There was a play last night where Jokic got the ball on the block and when Miami attempted a delayed double, he just calmly pivoted and fired a perfect pass to a wide-open shooter on the opposite wing. What exactly do you do to deal with him if you’re Miami? I’m not sure there’s an answer.

Just an absurd play to read the double that quickly and deliver a crosscourt dime.

Last edited:
We generally played our games in the late morning at Southland Park when I was kid.

Wore my trunks under my uniform.
In one game, I started a triple play, got the go-ahead knock, and pitched a scoreless 6TH to close it out.

Drank my suicide, went straight to the pool, did a cannonball off the high dive, and then, later that afternoon, finger-banged Susan Williams behind the pool pump building.

Top 10 day of my life. LOL

We ran around the Maysville CC or Etown CC or my buddy’s house pool every day all summer. Probably the best time ever.

Did not finger bang Susan Williams unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Drank my suicide, went straight to the pool, did a cannonball off the high dive, and then, later that afternoon, finger-banged Susan Williams behind the pool pump building.

She's an MD at Cleveland Clinic now...

Williams was her maiden name (assuming she got married, dunno, she moved somewhere before Junior HS*)

* Middle School to you youngsters.

Reactions: roguemocha
We generally played our games in the late morning at Southland Park when I was kid.

Wore my trunks under my uniform.
In one game, I started a triple play, got the go-ahead knock, and pitched a scoreless 6TH to close it out.

Fingerbanging at age 12? Impressive / disturbing.

- Among a lot of issues in sports movies/shows is the inability to accurately portray the euphoria of a big victory. I mean compare Ted Lasso and 80 Proof’s house right after we beat Louisville in the 2012 F4.

Have not watch this season of Lasso but you mean that they didn't play "N***az in Paris" and dance like a bunch of happy white people?

Started a new position in April so my work is really cutting into my GYERO.

My company sponsors Josef Newgarden for Indy Car so last weekend I got some company dime sweet hookups at the 500:
  • Saturday Night front row seats to Brad Paisley in the Penske hospitality area so didn't have to pay for anything.
  • Could not get a hotel close so we were 30 miles out. Took us about 1:45 to go the last mile into the Speedway.
  • We were in the our corporate suite so didn't have to pay for anything on Sunday. Gorgeous day and not too hot then our driver won the race on a last lap pass.
  • Just an unreal experence. My first 500 and not sure how it will be topped. The amount of people there was just unreal. Estimated at over 300K and I believe it. That place is just massive.
  • Only drawback was traffic. It probably took about 2 hour to get out after the race. Should have just stayed in the suite and drank.
This was a late 50th birthday celebraish for me. Turned 50 about 2 weeks ago. Old.

Big fan of Blue skies, 90, and no humidity. Obviously. But this impending drought is really sucking balls, particularly since I just renovated a lot of my landscaping. Standing outside with a hose gets old. I do like to watch the milfs walk by tho while I think about which ones I would like to swing with.

Nothing like a sunny Saturday in June. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT