ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
AccomplishedThunderousDorado-max-1mb.gif

Pretty simple:
  • Cal was way ahead of the curve on one-and-done and it made him the best coach in the game from 2010-2017
  • It took several years for other top schools to copy his approach
  • Cal was still able to get more than his fair share of top recruits from 2017-2022 living off reputation alone
  • But the game changed on him with NIL and he's definitely not ahead of the curve there
  • It's over for him; he just doesn't know it yet

Re: Calipari leaving the cupboard bare:

He could leave us with ZERO scholarship players, and we're reduced to holding open tryouts to fill a roster, and I'd STILL be more fvcking optimistic about UK basketball than I've been in years.

"Lower the ceiling." LOL

The GD ceiling has FALLEN on us.

Last edited:
This story about the HS Graduate jumping off a cruise ship as an apparent dare and immediately being eaten by a shark is pretty f'd.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ll-star-explain-swam-AWAY-life-preserver.html

Jeez, man. I'm not allowing my kids to go to the beach / on a party boat without me until they're 27. And I say 27 because at 26 I got blasted and almost fell off the top off a party boat in late October off the coast of Chicago without anyone else out there. They wouldn't have noticed I was gone until the boat back to the dock at the earliest.

My surfing days are over, for a variety of reasons, but not the least of which is the marked increase in shark attacks over the last several years.
Anyone wanna buy a late 80's Hobie Phil Edwards? 9 foot 3 stringer.

"Jaws" absolutely ruined me as a youngster for life when it comes to ocean swimming. Other than burning to death, hard to imagine anything more frightful than being eaten alive.

This is by far the biggest takeaway from that awful written article about a stupid kid that possibly couldn’t been eaten by a shark…

71635663-12145887-Lovebirds_She_was_with_her_on_again_love_Machine_Gun_Kelly-a-37_1685604750005.jpg

I wouldn't worry about that kid at all. It's not like he was taught CRT or something. He'll be fine.

Leaving Georgetown Middle School last Friday afternoon, all of the faculty and staff, and a boatload of parents, lined South Hamilton St. to wave goodbye to the kids as they left.

I was nonplussed, as I drove the bus out of the parking lot. What an odd thing to do.

I just told the kids, "If anybody throws anything, or drops the f-bomb at them we're turning around."

I wasn't being unreasonable either. I'd noted some comments/plans, as they boarded.

To be fair though, it WAS a pretty ostentatious spectacle...

If you jump in the open ocean and get eaten by a shark, A) your fault and B) you’re very unlucky. You’re more likely to be eaten by a hippo

That would be false, because I will never be in a body of water that has a hippo, therefore, 0%.

A hippo is unlikely to eat a person because they are vegetarian for the most part. They will however mangle a body and leave it for the crocs.

Jeez, man. I'm not allowing my kids to go to the beach / on a party boat without me until they're 27. And I say 27 because at 26 I got blasted and almost fell off the top off a party boat in late October off the coast of Chicago without anyone else out there. They wouldn't have noticed I was gone until the boat back to the dock at the earliest.

Man, I wish there was an alternate timeline where this happened.

• Love
Reactions: Hank Camacho
Very surreal to see news of all the kids coming back for their respective schools, and knowing UK went 1-3 at best, likely 0-3.

It’s like we are being punked, and Cal is Ashton.

Reactions: Col. Angus
It wasn’t random open ocean. Rather a known Shark infested bay/area, per Bahamian authorities. Either way, pretty touched up/sad story no matter what happened.

<——- had no idea hippos killed 500 Africans annually. Wow. Rogue finally learned me something after 15 years, hot damn!

-Nugs in 6 +390. U219 tonight. Leggo

Facebook is such a cancer.
I don't think social media is good, but mom's throwing parties for their kids isn't "cancer" level social media.

It wasn’t random open ocean. Rather a known Shark infested bay/area, per Bahamian authorities. Either way, pretty touched up/sad story no matter what happened.

<——- had no idea hippos killed 500 Africans annually. Wow. Rogue finally learned me something after 15 years, hot damn!

-Nugs in 6 +390. U219 tonight. Leggo
Rogue's point about hippos is still stupid. You have a 0 percent chance of being eaten by a hippo swimming in the ocean off the coast of the Bahamas. A shark, above 0. Now if you're on an inland river in sub-Saharan Africa, yes, your odds of being killed by a hippo are much higher than getting eaten by a shark - which would be 0 in that case.

Reactions: Col. Angus

The coast of Chicago? Lots of sharks in Lake Michigan?

Played Brickyard Crossing today for the second time thanks to a buddies corporate account. Fun, beautiful course. Pete Dye shenanigans for sure. Wouldn’t shell out $200 of my own cash to play it again, but i recommend it if you’ve never played it. Beautiful and hallowed grounds.

The Speedway just down the road from the speedway was the busiest place today. There were about 20 distracted amigos in line, with 2 pretty white girls wearing heels and dresses at 9 am. It was so random the collection of people that were there.

Jamal Murray gonna get that ring.

Takeoff really was the most talented Migo, and died too soon before anyone realized it.

Cancer may not be the right word but I loathe the “one up” and making every single thing a must rush to post videos/pics event. Just live and enjoy the damn moment.

It’s easily my most curmudgeonly take, followed closely by sitting on my back porch every night staring at nothing.

I don't think social media is good, but mom's throwing parties for their kids isn't "cancer" level social media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT