ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article explains the problem with this kind of question. Math isn’t necessarily subjective (the application of it can be) but things change over the years. I guarantee my 7th grade math teacher would have answered “1” and my current math teacher friends would say “9”. And from what I can surmise, my Facebook friends would say something completely incorrect somehow.
At brain factories around Paducah in the 80's we were taught that you multiply first then divide.

Fortunately, I’ll be way past driving over new bridges/going into new buildings by the time “meh, do it how you like” math hits engineering schools.

Seeing people get excited about the 172 and 196 ranked players as last minute additions is tough.

As role playing projects, sure, great. As the 8th and 9th option on a team with potentially no upperclassmen 😬

They’re running out of room for all these guys. India (2b) is having a great season, McClain (SS) just got called up and is taking, and Steer (3b) is in the running for NL ROY.

Elly is a SS, too. And Noelvi Marte is mashing at SS/3d.

So you’ve got to put these guys at 1B, outfield, or DH if you want them in the lineup.

CES just destroys the ball. He may hit 50 hole runs next year and strikeout 250 times. I’m totally cool with it.

India is having a "good" year so far, but he isn't going anywhere. If McClain is their SS of the future then that's a huge fubar.

Steer is NOT in ROY conversation at this time.

26-4 across two games in one day. Hope the bats bring that energy tomorrow.
The loss doesn't carry forward to the super regionals, right? I assume not, but it's odd how the the NCAA page lists how many losses you have even when you make it to the Super Regional.

The loss doesn't carry forward to the super regionals, right? I assume not, but it's odd how the the NCAA page lists how many losses you have even when you make it to the Super Regional.
Nah, Super will be a best of 3 if we can win tomorrow. LSU won today so they just have to win once with two chances tomorrow (backed up due to rain) but their pitching depth doesn’t exist so hopefully Oregon state can take them and we could host.

India is having a "good" year so far, but he isn't going anywhere. If McClain is their SS of the future then that's a huge fubar.

Among qualified rookies, Steer is….

- 4th in OPS
- 4th in batting average
- 5th in home runs
- 3rd in rbi
- 4th in runs
- 4th in hits
- 2nd in doubles
- 3rd in triples
- 6th in walks
- 5th in obp
- 5th in slugging pct

He’s the 45th highest-paid 3rd baseman in MLB.

Jonathan India, amongst qualified 2nd basemen is….

- 7th in OPS
- 9th in batting average
- 8th in home runs
- 4th in RBI
- 2nd in runs
- 4th in hits
- 2nd in doubles
- 3rd in walks
- 4th in sb
- 3rd in OBP
- 8th in slugging pct

He’s the 31st highest-paid 2nd baseman.

The way you try. It’s just soooooo adorable.

Saying McLain is fubar and Steer not in the conversation for Rookie of the Year are 2 more really bad takes by you. No surprise, you also say Hunter Greene can't pitch and 1 run over the past 12 innings. Steer literally Rookie of the Month and McLain been up around 2 weeks with NL Rookie of the Week honors.

-We struggle with plan b players, so plan c players should be extry waf. They'll be buried on the bench, get thrown into an important game only to be yanked 15 seconds later, look unhappy rotting away on the bench, and hit the portal next April.

-Watching college ball gives you an appreciation for MLB.

-The regional has been very entertaining though. Let's complete that comeback today.

-Had our first LL Coach Pitch bat inspection last night. 🙄 I mean...

-This weather has been unreal. No humidity, which is crazy for around here, clear blue skies, cool morning/evenings. Just about as perfect as it gets.

-Really enjoyed last season of Lasso and the finale.

-The JRE's with Josh Dubin and recently exonerated prisoners are some of my favorite listens. Most recent one with Bruce Bryan is fantastic. Impressive guy. 30 years in prison for a murder he didn't commit. Hard to imagine.

-I'm happy PTI is so excited about the Reds future, but I'm going to proceed with caution, because they're the Reds.

Had a long weekend in Sandusky, OH watching my son play in a soccer tournament they had no business playing in. I stopped keeping count after they were down 5-0 twice in two days against teams from WNY. My cheers of “Damar Hamlin faked it” went unappreciated. “Club” sports rock. Oh well, at least the roller coasters were fun.

41 and hadn't played any baseball in over a year. Very little in the last 15 years. Went 2 for 3 last night against a low-level college pitcher throwing mid 80s with a tight curve. It wasn't pretty though. Our little sandlot league, formerly made up of aging hipsters, dads and non-athletes with a love of baseball, is being overtaken by young ballers. Former college and minor leaguers, guys who play in leagues and tournaments year-round, pitchers throwing 10-20 mph faster, guys going yard on college fields with wood bats. Bittersweet. Love the competition, and I can still hang, barely, but it just ain't the same.

Also, I was fighting off bubble guts the last three innings. Awful.

There's probably some home-state favoritism behind this take, but Sturgill and Childers actually make good music while most of the others in this "genre" or "scene" are just posers more focused on mimicry than songs. Margo Price, Charlie Crockett, and the lot of em.

Birthday season around here. Seems like there are 3-4 parties to attend every week. Exhausting.

Cautious giddy optimism about football. I can convince myself that the offense is going to take off and be the best since Hal Mumme was around, while the defense will remain top-15-ish. That team would compete for the east. I can also convince myself that we lost too many of the good players from a 7-6 team to take a major step up. Low floors and high ceilings are the hallmarks of the portal era.

They might be Tennessee homers, but they try not to be, most of the time. I enjoy ThatSECPodcast. SECMike is very high on Devin Leary.

89 days.

Had a long weekend in Sandusky, OH watching my son play in a soccer tournament they had no business playing in. I stopped keeping count after they were down 5-0 twice in two days against teams from WNY. My cheers of “Damar Hamlin faked it” went unappreciated. “Club” sports rock. Oh well, at least the roller coasters were fun.
feel your pain Max. My kids "town" all star team, a town of 8000 people got booked by our Baseball league to play in a tournament down in Cincy one year called Spring swing. The first team we played was sponsored by Monster energy at the time. uniforms, bat bags, et al provided. Talking to one of the dads, it was a $2500 non-refundable try out fee to play for them and you had to say what position you were trying out for before try-out. Basically means you could be the 2nd best player to try out, but if the 1st best was a 1st baseman you "could" be cut. Our town team was 60 dollars to play and we had to recruit 3 12 year olds to round out our 13u team to have enough players. lol. We actually did win one game, but consensus by other teams we played, was we had no business being there...and they were right. Got run ruled in the other 3 games we played, had a game where our whole team swung the bat 2 times in a game. The pitcher for the other team was like a 6'3" 200 lb kid throwing high 70's low 80's. half our kids either shit themselves or stood in the back of the box visually shaking in terror.

Maybe outside of HOA’s there is not much more political than Little League Baseball. One part of it I don’t miss.

Reactions: jayroon
The 9am weekend trips to the pool are entirely full of individual parents with their toddlers just trying to wear them out and survive until lunch/nap time. Lots of chaos, but plenty of respectful head nod's to the other dads who are out there grinding it out.

Golf is pretty limited these days but did manage to play twice in an 8-day stretch which is a lot for me. The 'Bed-time 9" quick walk is a perfect summer evening loop.

I like Mingione a lot- he's likable, players seem to enjoy him- my hangups have always kind of been some head-scratching decisions in game situations that routinely seem to blow up in our face. I understand all of the bunting and trying to advance runners- but in that first game against IU when the offense had them on the ropes in about 4 different innings, he kept taking the bat of guys hands with bunt attempts and then they would inevitably get two strikes and struggle. That park is a hitters venue, if anything- just let guys give it a rip. If we need one run to tie or walk a game off- then try and sacrifice- but quit doing it when you can bust a game wide open. Easier in hindsight to fault him for leaving a pitcher in for one too many batters. Baseball is hard- I wish our overall product was better/more consistent- I dont expect CWS appearances on the regular, but make a run in Hoover, and make some post season noise...

Was only a matter of time for Hovland- he's been on every leaderboard it seems. But Lord, Scheffler put on one of the worst putting displays i've ever seen. He shouldve won that tournament going away.

Railbird's lineup did seem pretty strong- and feedback seems genuinely good from what i've seen.

Holy SHIT we got JOEY HART!!!

I've got nothing for the NBA but as a casual neutral- these are two fun teams to watch.

* I remember in college coming down to visit my buddy who went to school at Tulane, and the girls were all chubby and jewy and not cute.

Totally have a different perspective on these gals nowadays.

* You know who's overrated AF? Chris Stapleton.

And while we're at it --> Colter Wall should be a superstar.

* Unfortunately her Chest Beef Game doesn't stack up to the elites like Taylor Swift, but this chick is really somethin'.

0_OnlyFans-star-Grace-Charis-only-started-playing-golf-two-years-ago-and-now-has-nearly-3m-TikTok-fa.jpg

Grace Charis, ladies and gentlemen.

* So it's 100% acceptable to absolutely despise Tyler Herro, right?

* Ever rip a loud fart while wearing headphones and forget that other people can hear it even if you don't?

Ummm.....me, neither. 😰

* Cody Jinks. Add him to the list, too.

* I don't know who this freaking "Jelly Roll" character is, but I'm convinced he's absolutely terrible. And Joe Rogan gave him the spotlight.

* Andrew Abbott on the bump tonight. Let's see what this kid's got.

I love that he does NOT just reach back and throw gas every single pitch. Tops out in the low-90s, yet still strikes out half the batters he gets out. That's some Greg Maddux s*** right there.

* It's officially Swamp Ass Season down here in the Dirty. Humidity is off the charts. Long runs -- my shoes are soaked and squishing with every step within 5 miles, then I come home and crash like I'm in a gd coma. Ready to head to the mountains.

* My dog. She kicked it.

* That post about Everest is really gonna lean Anth in the direction of skipping the summit trip this year. Come on, bro. Delete that s***.

-never gonna get the mountain climbing thing, don't have anything to prove to myself/others.

-visited Madison Indiana Saturday to visit an old frat brother. He's a blueberry farmer with no cellphone, rehabbing a few old places in the downtown area for retirement income. Not a bad gig.

^that place has a nice little downtown scene/riverwalk area.

-flying out Wednesday am...off to fish for salmon in AK. Hopefully I dont become grizzly scat. First time up there...giddy.

- Recall similar memories partying at Xavier after being at UK. Monumental drop in talent.

- I don’t know if it’s the songs or the voice but Stapleton just doesn’t do it for me at all.

- You know who else is terrible? BRax’s boy Zac Brown.

Rule of thumb, at catholic colleges, 6's turn into 8's. You take what you can get.

Music talk, most bands/artists have 3-4 good/great albums in them and that's about it.

Everest is pure ego thing at this point right? Do you have to be a great technical climber or just have the cash?

Madison has always intrigued me since they made that Disney-like movie about the Madison Regatta. Maybe it's the simple life of those quaint river towns from Rising Sun all the way down to Madison.

Reactions: rudd1
-Was waaaaay out in front on Stapleton. Not going to hate on him, because he seems to be a pretty good guy, but I just can't with his music. Think it stems for my absolute distain of his version of Tennessee Whisky.

-When you summit one of the 7, then you can comment. Until then, pipe down, soggy shoes.

-Everest is an absolute shit show anymore. Which, if dumbass actually remembered the original conversation, was my point. You have tons of people with no business being up there because it's just easy enough to climb, where a good sherpa, can essentially drag you up and down. You don't have these issues on the more technical mountains.

-Beefs don't have to be massive to be elite. TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT