ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched that game and think the Kings lost for any reason other than they shot themselves out of the game and just kept shooting instead of driving to the basket then I’m not sure we watched the same game.

Looney I guess was apart of the GSW 13 offensive rebounds in the 3rd, but when Fox got his 4th it was a 6-7 point game. Within 2 minutes Huerter missed 2/3 shots, Davis missed 2, and Lyles missed 1. Monk drove and got some FTs and Fox was forced back in down 14. It was basically over from there.

Reactions: roguemocha
LOL. Looney was just "I guess was a part of...".

If you watched that game and thought Looney wasn't an X factor then you don't know basketball.

Yes, their terrible shooting and shot selection hurt them but they started forcing things because of how dominant Looney was in the 3rd and of course Curry going off.

NBA & hockey had their two best regular season teams eliminated first round. Wonder when the last time that happened was.
That Game 5 OT loss put the Bruins on the ropes. They didn't even play like the same team after that. They were on their heels in game 6.

All of that is fine with me, because I hate that f***ing town.

Boston area wives and dogs should probably "stay at Mom's house" for a few days

Last edited:
And just like that, another huge upset. 2nd season for the Kraken and they knock off the reigning champion Avalanche. They also lost their leading goal scorer in G4 to a concussion on an awful hit.

Little poetic justice too. Grubauer is the goalie for Seattle and was cut by the Avalanche because of postseason play.

Playoff hockey!

- Happy Derby Week, Louisvillians. It's your time to shine.

- Derby post position draw is today. Seems like that is getting earlier and earlier in the week. Also, the amount of people/analytic nerds that are "Derby Experts" have exploded exponentially over the last decade. I saw a youtube channel where a dude analyzing stride length!

- Kings just weren't ready. There's something to be said for a franchise that has a transcendent superstar. Those guys are hard to eliminate. Steph was in "no effing way you're winning this game" mode. Computer Bo Jackson on Tecmo Bowl mode.

- Is it just me, or are all the yards looking better this year? The rural landscape is really popping this spring. Very lush and green. Gotta replace some boxwoods and hollies, but other than that . . .beautiful.

- Chaperoned prom this past Saturday. It was the first one I've had to go to in about 8-10 years (promises made to wife, whom I'm working with in the same building again). I was curious as to what would get the kids to dance . . . and it's club music from 15-20 years ago. Kanye's "Goldigger," Ying-Yang Twins "Get Low," Usher's "Yeah," were big hits among others. I came away shocked and a little more hopeful for the future.

-3 plus hours of tennis yesterday am. Everything seemed to have gone well...until later that afternoon after plant shopping...tried to get outta the wife's SUV when we got home. Right hamstring *locked* up, tried to stretch it out. Nope. For those that have never experienced proper cramping its incredibly painful and you can't move. Scared the hell outta the wife. Ate a banana/popped a muscle relaxer...knocked me out

^laid on the couch, last I see the kings were up at half time...woke with 10 mins left in the 4th and they were down 100 or whatever. Of course...the first NBA I've watched in *decades*, whatevs.

-things can get outta hand fast at a nursery/plant store for us. It's something we both love...what started as a very targeted pop out ($50) turned into something very different. Got some cool stuff...headed over today to pick up a tree I had no idea I wanted until yesterday. Some nice astilbe and perennial geraniums among other things.

-UK has 6 *b*illion in *funded* construction projects on the horizon. Never listen when they tell you higher ed is "underfunded". Oh well, I'll get my share I reckon. Landed the Memorial reno a week or so ago...so that's nice.

-go cats.

-The aughts were definitely the king of club dance music.

-Speaking of that time, went to the Lil Wayne concert last night. Awesome show. Set list was like 40 songs, hit the mix tape stuff, old stuff, colabs. As good as he was, the people watching was 100x's better.

-Last night is a good display of the the complexity in getting rid of Cal. Wayne shouted Cal and Oscar out at least 5 or 6 times. He wore a UK/La Familia shirt the entire concert. That's just not happening anywhere else or with any other coach.

-Dickinson... I like that... a lot. Hopefully, Oscar can take the pro route and all is well.

-Sounds like our young studs are crushing the circuit. Now let's get them ALL to campus and healthy. Prayers up.

-Little man had First Communion. The Catholics won in this house!! Thanks to dumbass governors and teacher unions for closing schools, or he'd be in the local public school, rather than the local Catholic School. Anyway, they were all super cute.

-Party after was nice. Hell of a spread. Steak Chimichurri, CFA nuggs, pimento, all kind of dips, deviled eggs.

-Missed our Big Time Coach Pitch game b/c of the communion. Left lineups and detailed notes on what to do without our SS/#3 hitter. Of course my assistants change my play and leave us in a 10-5 hole... but they went back to my original plan and we scratched out a 12-10 victory.

-42 now. Sweet. Feels similar to 41.

-Been watching a ton of the playoff hockey. Great background viewing.

-Derby Week 😎 This is why...

Last edited:
Aerosmith in Cincy and Lou Jan 4 and 7 2024.
Best pop band of the mid to late 80's.

Hammy's are no joke. Played 36 twice this weekend. Rolled out of bed, in a cold atmosphere, and felt it tighten up, quickly adjusted before it could do any damage leaving me rolling around on the floor.

Derby pundits are all over but still get a kick out of LoDuca and Olczyk, former pro athletes, being go-to guys for information. Love the degeneracy.

It's cute than anth thinks there's some special connection between Little Wayne/UK/Cal, as opposed to the rapper just playing to his audience.

Reactions: august-west
*Hell of a Saturday night. I'm still trying to get over it.

-Started off going to dinner in the hood. Had two beers then a driver took 10 of us to Churchill Downs for night racing. We had an awesome box in the Turf Club thanks to the CEO of Baptist Health. He's one hell of a good dude. Have a few beers with him at Waldo's, Friday.

Afterwards, we made a great decision to stop at a gas station on Taylor to get some Miller Lite tall boys for the ride home. While there, a truck pulled in and 6 cop cars block him in and get out with guns drawn. The entire incident took 5 minutes but it was crazy. Sucks that my buddy that was shot at Old National was there and had to witness it.

Finally got out of there and went to a friends hours and got. after. it, until around 4 AM. I woke up with a gash on my nose and I have zero idea what happened. I don't really remember yesterday, tbh.

Going to the same spot Thursday. Only this time, I'm laying off the booze...mostly.

*Speaking of Catholics...in the last week I've been to a communion and a confirmation. Both of them were for G's kids. I kind of like the pageantry of the church.

I mean we've been knocked out by Kansas State twice in the last 5 years. I'm good without the Lil Wayne collabs if we can get back to a Final Four sometime.
No doubt, I'm with you, but there's a significant portion of this program that won't be the same. The complexity of the situation, ultimate PR guy, best recruiter of all time, HOF coach, 4 final fours, 1 title, legendary figure, lifetime contract but has fallen behind the times on the court while his accolades get further away. Wish it was cut and dry.

- What I like most about this incoming class is where they're from. Camden, Philly, NC, and the 13th Region. Basketball MEANS something in those places. Big reason why this class is racking up on accolades during the all-star circuit. Not saying they'll compete for a title without a lot of help, just saying I don't think mindset will be an issue with these kids.

- Huge win for MY Seattle Kraken last night. I don't know anything about hockey, but even I could tell that the odds were pretty steep up against the defending champs. Not sure why I decided to follow a West Coast team, I fell asleep during the 3rd period of every game in the series. Still, nice to get behind an underdog and follow them from the ground up.

- Speaking of a big win, my kid just found out that she got a 4-year full ride to the school where she had already decided to attend. Her existing scholarship had already made it financially feasible for us, but today she found out that she got a scholarship she'd interviewed for back in March (she'd been named an alternate). So now she's going for free. Pretty proud dad moment over here. #WhyWeDoThis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT