ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- What I like most about this incoming class is where they're from. Camden, Philly, NC, and the 13th Region. Basketball MEANS something in those places. Big reason why this class is racking up on accolades during the all-star circuit. Not saying they'll compete for a title without a lot of help, just saying I don't think mindset will be an issue with these kids.

- Huge win for MY Seattle Kraken last night. I don't know anything about hockey, but even I could tell that the odds were pretty steep up against the defending champs. Not sure why I decided to follow a West Coast team, I fell asleep during the 3rd period of every game in the series. Still, nice to get behind an underdog and follow them from the ground up.

- Speaking of a big win, my kid just found out that she got a 4-year full ride to the school where she had already decided to attend. Her existing scholarship had already made it financially feasible for us, but today she found out that she got a scholarship she'd interviewed for back in March (she'd been named an alternate). So now she's going for free. Pretty proud dad moment over here. #WhyWeDoThis
That’s awesome on the Kraken and scholly fronts.

As always, everything is coming up Llama!

Reactions: SAECATFAN
- What I like most about this incoming class is where they're from. Camden, Philly, NC, and the 13th Region. Basketball MEANS something in those places. Big reason why this class is racking up on accolades during the all-star circuit. Not saying they'll compete for a title without a lot of help, just saying I don't think mindset will be an issue with these kids.

- Huge win for MY Seattle Kraken last night. I don't know anything about hockey, but even I could tell that the odds were pretty steep up against the defending champs. Not sure why I decided to follow a West Coast team, I fell asleep during the 3rd period of every game in the series. Still, nice to get behind an underdog and follow them from the ground up.

- Speaking of a big win, my kid just found out that she got a 4-year full ride to the school where she had already decided to attend. Her existing scholarship had already made it financially feasible for us, but today she found out that she got a scholarship she'd interviewed for back in March (she'd been named an alternate). So now she's going for free. Pretty proud dad moment over here. #WhyWeDoThis

Llama you could at least footnote me on the “where this year’s recruits are from” take. I mean I only offered it a few weeks ago.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Chad also said this at some point, allegedly.

43 now, and I absolutely felt like crap until I decided it was enough. Went from 230 to 205 and been in the gym regularly since Feb 20. It’s harder to get into shape, but already feeling better and much more like me again.

Hearing one of the top artist in the world rap about Shelby Co is just weird, man.

Nice job. I've been "stuck" between 220-228 for what seems like an eternity. I need to be at 200. Every time I start making some progress, something hurts and prevents me from pushing forward.

The first kid his Nike Label signed to a deal was DJ Wagner. You're such an idiot.

Any halfway decent coach should be able to partner up with Ini Kamoze, the Ying Yang Twins, Afroman, Freak Nasty, Candy Man, J-Kwon, Heavy D & the Boyz, Skee-Lo, Lady of Rage, or 95 South and figure out how TF to beat Kansas State or St Peters.

Guess that’s too much to ask.

I went to the Padres-Reds game tonight.

I'm not a big baseball fan these days and generally don't pay attention until the playoffs start. So keep that in mind.

-I could name almost the entire Reds lineup from the late 70s, but I couldn't think of a single player on their team this year. I thought when they announced their lineup that I would at least recognize a couple of names. Nope. Hadn't hear of a single player on their team.

-I was completely shocked to see that the NL has a designated hitter now. I totally missed that change. Last year?

-The crowd was pretty full and pretty rowdy for a chilly (50s and windy) Monday night game against a non-rival. Tatis got a huge response from the crowd. I learned later that it was his first home game back from surgery and then suspension.

-Downtown San Diego has become such a weird mix of opulent/expensive high-rise condos and homeless people on the sidewalks. It's wealth and poverty side by side with not much in between.

I went to the Padres-Reds game tonight.

I'm not a big baseball fan these days and generally don't pay attention until the playoffs start. So keep that in mind.

-I could name almost the entire Reds lineup from the late 70s, but I couldn't think of a single player on their team this year. I thought when they announced their lineup that I would at least recognize a couple of names. Nope. Hadn't hear of a single player on their team.

-I was completely shocked to see that the NL has a designated hitter now. I totally missed that change. Last year?

-The crowd was pretty full and pretty rowdy for a chilly (50s and windy) Monday night game against a non-rival. Tatis got a huge response from the crowd. I learned later that it was his first home game back from surgery and then suspension.

-Downtown San Diego has become such a weird mix of opulent/expensive high-rise condos and homeless people on the sidewalks. It's wealth and poverty side by side with not much in between.

California is just a mess. LA was the same way.

Every big city in the country is overrun by homeless, street living heroin junkies. God bless America!
Yeah my 11 month old cousin was at our house the other day watching an episode from the first season of Walking Dead and the part where all the zombies are running around Atlanta he turned around and looked at me and said “just like Joe Biden’s America amirite?!? “

Probably just parked his car in that shady ass Jack Harlow alley, and of course now everyone knows about it. He was bound to get busted one of these decades.

Downtown Austin had an elite homeless population. Like right in the mix of everything, people just sleeping in the middle of the sidewalk everywhere. Was pretty incredible, and obviously not in a good way.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
It’s truly remarkable how bad it has become, and the difference from one city to the next seems to be whether they let them set up wherever TF they want or make them all stick to one terrible area.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Currently sitting in a trade show bored to death in Austin. But...in 112 minutes, I hit the road to West Texas and two months trying to see every National Park in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. Car is loaded up with golf clubs, bicycle, coolers and whatever else I could pack in. The rest of everything I own is in storage in Brentwood.

This is a huge bucket list trip and excited. Have been to virtually every major city in North America--but not the great outdoors. Will end it in Colorado and go camping with two of my kids in the Rocky Mountains.

Getting older doesn't mean we have to stop living. Enjoy the ride.

Currently sitting in a trade show bored to death in Austin. But...in 112 minutes, I hit the road to West Texas and two months trying to see every National Park in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. Car is loaded up with golf clubs, bicycle, coolers and whatever else I could pack in. The rest of everything I own is in storage in Brentwood.

This is a huge bucket list trip and excited. Have been to virtually every major city in North America--but not the great outdoors. Will end it in Colorado and go camping with two of my kids in the Rocky Mountains.

Getting older doesn't mean we have to stop living. Enjoy the ride.
Sounds like a great time!! I don’t envy that drive to El Paso though.

I assume you are going to head north to Albuquerque once you get past El Paso? Not much to see on I-10.

Reactions: roguemocha
Yup I-10 west of DFW is no speed limit because you want to get through there ASAP. Did watch an awesome lightning storm one time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT