ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I’ve seen everything including John Wick that I want to besides AIR and I’m about to see that in an hour and a half. Didn’t end up going to Mario, canceled and watched the playoffs hockey & bball instead. @Catman100

I don’t do horror or “scary” movies, they’re just so fake and unbelievable. Not really sure why people like those except for the “fun” of being scared here and there.

-Krogers Derby Chicken Salad is 🔥. Addicted, almost need to put the kabash on that for a bit.

Speaking of UK rugby, they finished this season tied at #1 amongst all college club rugby teams.

They've really stepped it up since the days I played when it was a non-contact sport.

Dudes who play rugby are the dudes who suck at all other sports. They created rugby so those dudes could feel better about themselves. It's nothing more than an officiated game of Smear the Queer.

I wouldn’t mind being roofied once just for the experience.

I’m fairly certain I got slipped a roofie, in a drink, once while at the local Elks Lodge. I know what blackout drunk is like and that wasn’t it. Woke up in the morning with a naked chick and had zero recollection of leaving the lodge or anything else that happened after a certain point. It wasn’t a pleasurable experience.

I understand the August hate, but I'd argue it has the biggest delta in terms of its potential to be both completely miserable and absolutely perfect. The heat and humidity can obviously be overwhelming, but when you get the occasional period of low humidity and low 80's, it's the best weather possible around these here parts. And with the produce that's available that time of year? Shew, Bub.
July and August are awesome. Crank it up. I dream of the summer heat when I’m working on income taxes hating my life in my basement at 10pm on a Monday night in late February. Damn dark and gray and cold and wet.

Thoughts of a sweltering round of golf on a Saturday afternoon in late July with a cooler of beer working up a lather. Man.

I told the story of my high school friend that got waxed by Daniels and Fitch while I hung out with Carruth. I took her home and then her friends asked if I drugged her 😂. I was like yeah, no. She was getting worked over by two dudes when I got there. She slept on the couch and had no idea about the whole double team thing, she claims.

She’s married with a couple kids now.

And @MaxPowerrr if you’re calling me a yuppie I will fight your pig face.

Also, after watching AIR, I wonder how much Nike has made off Jordan. If they cut him a 400 million dollar check every year, Shewee.

Phil Knight has a net worth of $48 billion. So despite the efforts of many crotchety old grumps, and after being cancelled, and regardless of getting woke and going broke, the correct answer is “a lot.”

Reactions: roguemocha
What exactly about being roofied is appealing?

I’ve done some embarrassing things in my life, but what it would take for me to say yes I’d like the roof experience to be taken advantage of by …………….my lord I don’t even want to think of the person that I’d have to be roofied to go home with.

Mixing Xanax and beers in college was all I ever needed and that led to several odd scenarios the next day.

Reactions: roguemocha
Phil Knight has a net worth of $48 billion. So despite the efforts of many crotchety old grumps, and after being cancelled, and regardless of getting woke and going broke, the correct answer is “a lot.”
Bud Light is not doing so hot.

We’ve got a new pro rugby team here and I’m really hoping this sport works out. Lass and I had a Zoom with their CEO on Monday about planning an event (5k run, finish inside the stadium right before the game), as well as bringing my main business into the equation as a partner/sponsor/etc.

Fingers crossed.

-iirc they're kinda following the MLS model: Getting the best college kids and "solid" international guys in the twilight of their playing career.

^hope it works out. Limited clock stoppages and short half time means an 80 min game gets played in 95-100 minutes, crazy. A very "watchable" sport, imo.

We’ve got a new pro rugby team here and I’m really hoping this sport works out. Lass and I had a Zoom with their CEO on Monday about planning an event (5k run, finish inside the stadium right before the game), as well as bringing my main business into the equation as a partner/sponsor/etc.

Fingers crossed.
I watched NOLA get worked by the Atl squad last week. Hopefully that league succeeds, it's a great sport once you figure out the rules.

Buck Shelford thinks Ronnie Lott cutting off a finger to play a game was cute.

Last edited:
Here's Shelford's recollection of the event, it differs slightly from the story above.

Buddy is 55, still plays/coaches rugby.
Guys trip, Year Saban won national at LSU, we flew down to Baton Rouge for LSU/Auburn. Baton ROuge Rugby was playing NO in BR. He ended up playing for NO, as he knew guys from his days in Memphis. Great tailgate, multiple tents and tv’s, their own port-o-let. Well done. Alas, no rugby queen. Do they still do that or is it frowned upon?

In related news, my Hurricanes star player (Sebastian Aho) took a puck off the face two nights ago and the Islanders scored off the rebound from his face. Puck never touched the ground. I have yet to see anything like that.

Aho, who is not widely considered a "tough" guy in the league, was back within 5 minutes of game time after getting multiple stitches to close his lip up. Hockey and rugby dudes just don't eff around.

Meanwhile, you've got soccer players falling over when the ref touches their shoulder.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!!

RIP

Sad day indeed, losing the man who brought incest to light, making it so popular for the masses. Step Sisters, Step Moms, adopted sibling you didn't know was your sibling but you stayed in the relationship anyways, cousin from the trailer park, it doesn't matter, he did it for all for us.

Rest In Peace Jerry.

Last edited:
-If you want to be “roofied” just pop a Xanax and go out drinking that’s all it is basically, or GHB, your call.

-Spent the morning re-wiring my sauna and replacing the triple prong. Went to plug it in and still nothing. Super bummed.

Then noticed the outlet needed to be rest and viola! Sauna is up and running again. Stoked, I’ll be in there post gym today for sure.

I did have to makeshift the door they smashed during transit. Called for a replacement and it’s a grand, eff that, I paid $1500 for the whole thing. So I just hung a moving blanket over the door and tried it out. Works perfect just not as pretty.

-On to the garage door that randomly stopped pulling up. Anyone know anything about garage doors? May have to call someone as this one might be beyond my abilities.

-People that refuse to watch the NBA are ridiculous. These playoffs have been fantastic. Performance after performance by different guys.

Hate Fox got hurt. That ended it for them and they were going to be the Warriors in my opinion. He’s a beast for playing though but a broken index finger on your shooting hand when you’re a shooter is game over.

At least he’s playing, Giannis or Kawhi wouldn’t dream of playing with that.

Last edited:
It's sad knowing we we will never again get such cutting edge shows like this one titled: "I'm Pregnant By My Brother. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT