ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wishes my kids were into baseball since I actually played and know a little bit about it, but it just never took. Youngest tried it and was pretty good at it, but he thought it was boring. Different strokes, I guess.
My wife’s vote overruled my veto. 2-1. My 9 year old is done with baseball. I’m heartbroken. This weekend was opening day across street on the field from my gym… big day with fanfare and bunting and flags and ice cream. Beat.

He’s a soccer guy, Tae Kwon Do and soon to be golfer.

Not the same as baseball.

Reactions: jayroon
-I feel you 80, my forearms are shot from weedeating the other day. Can’t do that to them at the gym if I tried.

Speaking of the gym, I’ve had back-to-back 2000 calories burned workouts. Finishing with an incline 20 minute walk is awesome. I need it too, let myself go the last 3 weeks, great timing, Mark.

-Was letting my hair grow out shaggy again just because I like switching it up. Nope! Way too much white in there now on the temples, can’t be showing that age. Same with the beard, weird how fast that happens. Thus, at the barber now.

-Speaking of The NBA on TNT being fantastic, the earn version is the exact opposite and awful. How does the American public enjoy Stephen A (in any scenario), Greenberg and Jaylen? That is a lineup of pure shit.

In fact, the American public liking Stephen A shows me where this country is as a whole. Yelling loud and brash opinions are all anyone wants to hear, great.

-Suns and Nuggets shouldn’t be a semi matchup, kind of a bummer. Stupid Grizz and their regular season record. Still pulling for the Lakers 1 and Suns 2. The East is a bunch of meh as far as stars for me and just excitement in general.

-Tax refund is back and it was nice 😎, especially after paying like 8K last year.

Reactions: jayroon
Jalen rose is the worst on air “talent” at espn in my book. How he keeps getting job after job is beyond me.

Stephen A has grown on me over time. He is what he is, a personality.

• Wow
Reactions: roguemocha
Lacrosse might be my favorite kids sport right now.

Fast moving sport, different roles for different kids, and not to mention it’s new enough around here that you aren’t sitting in the stands with a bunch of experts who played the game as a kid and know everything about the game and why everything the kid or coach or ref is doing is wrong.

Lacrosse might be my favorite kids sport right now.

Fast moving sport, different roles for different kids, and not to mention it’s new enough around here that you aren’t sitting in the stands with a bunch of experts who played the game as a kid and know everything about the game and why everything the kid or coach or ref is doing is wrong.

Seems to have appropriate levels of smugness, too.

Stephen A has grown on me over time. He is what he is, a personality.
And I thought I knew you… I don’t get it, how is it possible to enjoy him? He yells nonstop, even when not necessary. He’s awful and if that what America likes, well consider me the Taliban.

Ill listen to Jay Williams on loop vs. 10 minutes of Stephen A. TS.

April 2022 avg high was 65....April 2023 avg high to date is 70. People are mistaken avg temps due to the fluctuation (80's last week) when there hasn't been a drastic change at all. It is typical April weather we see each year.

True, but we don't typically get frost/freeze warnings beyond the second week of April. The extremes have shifted, is what I meant to imply. We can get a freeze in May now and an almost 100-degree day in September.

UK players killing it in the NBA. Sort of bittersweet to me.

Murray vs. Booker in next round...

flame thrower fire GIF

Based on my research of about 10 minutes the record high temp for KY in September is 104 which happened in 1939 and 1954.

Lowest was 34 in 1949. Little skeptical of that one.

Anyone followed the Welsh Wrexham Football Club that actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney purchased? Pretty cool series on FX called Welcome to Wrexham if you've not caught it. Never been a fan of any kind of professional soccer, especially not European soccer, but damn, I think I may just end of become a fan of that team.

https://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/welcome-to-wrexham

Enter my 4 year old son. Dude lives life like it's one big Oklahoma Drill but afraid Mom may keep him away from the gridiron.
Both my sons are football first, in fact both possession WRs much like a young SAE….but I digress. Oldest’s other sport is tennis oddly enough @rudd1 , younger’s is lacrosse.

The narrative of football being more dangerous than lax especially at a younger age is way off. Kids getting leveled, whacked in the head with the stick, and indoor with the walls? Shewwwweeee. I mean just drilling dudes.

GYERO needs your dude to play football @SAECATFAN make it so.

-The newest, worst one is every female ever saying, “Living my BEST LIFE!!!!” I know a girl that for that tattooed on her leg. I wanted to ask if her leg was a permanent IG post.

Or “blank HITS DIFFERENT.” Both are terrible and overused.

- @catlanta33 yeah totally agree. When I first moved to Florida my skin would get these little red rashes anywhere I had creases, elbows, wrists, etc because I wasn’t used to the heat and sweating all day.

Quickly (1 year), got used to that and now I hate the cold. Hot will always be better than cold and I used to love the cold.

-Dying a slow death of boredom sitting at the house with the old man.

**Quickly checks movie listings for the next movie.**

Mario at 8:20. Touch it, I’m getting out of the house.
I suggest the new John Wick if you haven't seen it yet.
It is exactly what you think it is, and more.

Reactions: roguemocha
Hey maybe he'll have a "fight" with his coach and get to quit the sport while saving face like you did, 80. Again, we'll see.
I got in a fight with another student and the coach asked me to play. I decided not to play because the coach kept no-showing when he said he would open the gym for mandatory weight lifting workouts I wanted to do before school since I worked after school.

Good luck with trying to remain relevant in your household beyond a paycheck though. I'm pulling for you.

Shannon Sharpe being the narrator in my head anytime I hear anything about the “NBA CATS!” was an unexpected twist. It just feels like a twist of the knife anytime I hear about a player that shot 15% from 3 in John Caliparis offense in the tournament scoring 50 in an NBA playoff game

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT