ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No song in history gets me feeling as good as International Players Anthem. I hear it probably a couple times a year and get the same result, every time. Just a jam. Definite walk up song.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
A trio of athletic directors whose teams would also be most likely to face fans rushing the field or court on the road — Alabama’s Greg Byrne, Georgia’s Josh Brooks and Kentucky’s Mitch Barnhart — are proposing that future home games be flipped to road games as punishment, rather than the escalating fines that have become increasingly modest for athletic departments in the era of booming television money.

The Athletic

These people asking for all these refunds and whatnot crack me up. If you went to a Lakers game because your 16 year old son loves LeBron and LeBron came out in street clothes to “load manage” would you demand the Lakers or LeBron pay for all that stuff?

Even funnier is people that paid like $3K 3rd party for a ticket, here’s your $129 back sir, full face value!

Stopping 50,000 fans from rushing the field is actually very easy to do. Just bring in the National Guard and line the entire outside ring of the field with 3-deep armed servicemen in riot gear, alongside military grade SUVs, tanks, etc.

Basically the same thing as we do now with the $8.25/hour yellow coat security guards.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
I remember Homer Simpson’s walk up music for when he was going to fight Mike Tyson was “why can’t we be friends” and a 15 year old Ron Mehico found that hilarious

I just assumed as my kids got older they would ride around on their bikes around the neighborhood, go to the pool, play pick up bball, etc. while I enjoyed my time to do what I wanted. Sounds like maybe that’s not a thing anymore because all the other kids will be playing baseball in Indianapolis or some shit? How depressing

Last edited:
@Ron Mehico yeah man, when I was a kid growing up in cardinal creek Etown, we’d leave the house in the morning, run off into the woods/creek, maybe hit up one of three of me or my buddies’ moms that all lived close for lunch and then disappear again until just before dark.

If we weren’t doing that we were at my buddy’s pool. Moms didn’t see us from 9/10a til 9p many days. Must’ve been awesome for them. The woods were out babysitter. Nostalgia and whatnot.

@Ron Mehico yeah man, when I was a kid growing up in cardinal creek Etown, we’d leave the house in the morning, run off into the woods/creek, maybe hit up one of three of me or my buddies’ moms that all lived close for lunch and then disappear again until just before dark.

If we weren’t doing that we were at my buddy’s pool. Moms didn’t see us from 9/10a til 9p many days. Must’ve been awesome for them. The woods were out babysitter. Nostalgia and whatnot.
When I look back I am amazed at how often my mother had no idea where I was or what I was doing as a friggin third grader. Times have definitely changed as that has never ever been the case with my daughter who is now in high school.

I understand the August hate, but I'd argue it has the biggest delta in terms of its potential to be both completely miserable and absolutely perfect. The heat and humidity can obviously be overwhelming, but when you get the occasional period of low humidity and low 80's, it's the best weather possible around these here parts. And with the produce that's available that time of year? Shew, Bub.

I understand the August hate, but I'd argue it has the biggest delta in terms of its potential to be both completely miserable and absolutely perfect. The heat and humidity can obviously be overwhelming, but when you get the occasional period of low humidity and low 80's, it's the best weather possible around these here parts. And with the produce that's available that time of year? Shew, Bub.
Denzel Washington GIF

Reactions: rudd1
When I look back I am amazed at how often my mother had no idea where I was or what I was doing as a friggin third grader. Times have definitely changed as that has never ever been the case with my daughter who is now in high school.
Yeah all before cell phones. Like, they literally had ZERO idea where we were and it wasn’t that big of a deal then.

Reactions: jayroon and bbonds
Mike Tyson walking out to a droning noise will still be the sickest thing ever. Man won psychological games before others even knew they were playing.
When he came out to "Welcome to the Terror Dome", young me marked out instantly, but that noise he came out to against Michael Spinks, I knew Spinks was in serious trouble.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
August, where playing golf, being tan, drinking a beer on your porch at night, doing water activities, not being sick, eating fresh fruit, being your skinniest, having your kids chase fireflies, going on vacations without having to plan around school, having tons of daylight, is just getting sooooo old. 🙄

The deadliest month in the U.S. is the one that heralds the New Year: January. An average of 251,699 people in the U.S. died in January every year between 2010 and 2020, according to a Live Science analysis of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Wonder database, which tracks how and when people die. In comparison, the averages for the other months for this time period range from 218,102 (August) to 242,475 (December), Live Science found.”

Good job guys, you guys hate the least deadly month of the year 🙄

Last edited:
Lately, September is worse than August. Have maintained in recent years that our weather calendar has kinda "sprung forward." For the same reason, it's almost May and still freezing.
Agreed. Had this exact discussion with a friend from TWC. When we're getting snow in March with little in December, things have changed.
Sitting in the sun at Commonwealth is not a good time. Thank God for night games when SEC network obliges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT