ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the positives of living in DFW - you don't have to travel much to get great competition on a weekly basis.

Yes, as your kid progresses you will likely travel more but there are plenty of opportunities on HS teams for kids that didn't go that route.

FYI: You don’t have children.

Reactions: 80 Proof
- Cross country, gang. Easiest sport for parents. Just a good pair of running shoes. You're finished on Saturdays by the time the noon football games have reached the end of the first quarter.

"I'm not trying to be the best at exercising."

Kenny Powers GIF

A @Booker Noe bat signal if I've ever seen one... (besides the sketchy Nelson Co murders and shit).
Cross Country is great. Show up an hour early. Run race. Go home. My son does do a few end of season out of state high level races but for the most part it is not bad.

Track can be a grind. Usually there are open meets during the week that can take forever. The weekend meets will usually last about 7 hours.

Cross Country is great. Show up an hour early. Run race. Go home. My son does do a few end of season out of state high level races but for the most part it is not bad.

Track can be a grind. Usually there are open meets during the week that can take forever. The weekend meets will usually last about 7 hours.
Cross Country is great. I ran, and did very well, and my son does too.

Easy and a decent time for me.

Reactions: jayroon
-I have 3 pairs of on clouds. I don’t run in them. They are my stylish WFH shoe. I’ve also upgraded my ratty Shop Local Kentucky t-shirts for nicer Zella pullovers.

- @IsRichieGonnaStart has mentioned some version of his calendar gripe, that if I ever have trouble fitting something on my schedule, I think of him. 😂

-Travel ball. Meh.

-But don’t let Anth fool ya, he loves coaching and is *quite* competitive. He has already assembled 7 kids for our 2.5 year old’s future wee ball team.

-Good thing I didn’t make the trip to New York b/c I would have punched Bobby Brown in the face for what he did to Whitney. Last Derby someone said they saw him and I spent a good portion of the day drunkenly looking for him to cuss him out. Probably a good thing we haven’t crossed paths.

-The last two times @CSC81 or his wife have been to our house for drinks, I’ve looked down at my watch and it’s 2am. That’s too damn late. Also paid for it yesterday. Luckily felt too bad to eat much most of the day. I did finally order dinner fajitas and they hit the spot.

-40Proof might have the best walk up song on our team. Public Service Announcement by JayZ. But G’s is Nothing But a G-thang. And a kid named Mack uses Return of the Mack. They’re actually all pretty good and ghetto as hell. Whatever pumps ya up.

It carries over beyond sports. When my daughter was six she decided she wanted to start dance. The first dance studio I called in Elizabethtown informed me that she really should have decided to start at four because she would be hopelessly behind the other girls who were more serious in their interest. I asked her how many professional dancers (non-exotic) her school had produced.

-Fingers crossed the Bucks blow this game, they’re trying. Butler has 52 with a bit over a minute to go.

-My walkout song would be T Swift’s Anti-Hero. “Hi, it’s me. I’m the problem.”

Not everyone can have a rap song.

-Not sure if it changed while I was gone for a decade but I don’t remember people just wearing tennis shoes out and about. Am I wrong? Did we wear them in college? Or is it were all 40+?

Literally the only place I’ll wear tennis shoes in public is the gym (pre/post if I hit Publix or something obviously). Just don’t dig the look.

Makes me feel like you have to go mow the grass when you get home or something.

Reactions: rudd1
Tony is straight lying. He WORSHIPS miserable August weather. Easily in his top 5, and we have a weather Month Draft yearly in one of our secret texts - he drafts it always.

Nice lil rides, 100 degree picnics, and hanging out on the concrete driveway.

Also Perfect for hard boiled eggs and Smart Waters.

Last edited:
Just now catching up on GYERO bc I was in Nashville all weekend for the Perfect Game Super Regional NIT (this is a good thing in travel baseball). We didn’t play well but the kids all had a great time. I actually think if your kids truly love the sport and WANT to get better, then the right travel team is the best thing you can do for them. Obviously there are good programs and bad ones, good coaches and bad ones, just as everything in life. We are really lucky with my 11yo. He’s got a really great teacher of the game, all the kids are great and the parents are awesome to hang out with. I’ve been on both sides of this and it’s a rare combo when you get all of this.

His walk up son is “single ladies” by Beyoncé. Yes, it’s quite zesty but I’m not gonna be the dad that picks his music for him and it fits his personality pretty well. No, he’s not gay. Just a class clown type that loves baseball and beautiful women.

My 13yo played a middle school game in Taylorsville tonight. Had never been there before. Really nice little town, imo. Kinda in the middle of nowhere but I like it. Same goes for Bloomfield. Would like to try that little downtown hometown pizza. Looks dope.

Baseball is my 13yo’s entire life. He is married to it. It consumes his life. When he’s not playing, he’s training. When he’s not training he’s watching videos. I honestly think it’s great that he has such a passion. All this running around will end someday. I’ll miss it greatly. Holding out hope my 2yo has the same love of the game. Watching these boys do what they love best is my favorite thing to do in life. I hope all your kids find that thing.

I’m pretty sure rolling bats is legal, all you’re doing is activating the composite material to break it in, no different than just swinging it in the cage a thousand times. Now SHAVING a bat could put your ass in prison. I wouldn’t do that, but I guarantee it happens all the time.

Last edited:
I live in the last house on the left on a one way street.

I remember the day I asked my dad for an allowance. Had my speech all prepared and ready for any response. Explained how all my friends were getting one and I wasn’t. He looked me square in the eyes and said “you eat don’t you.” Was. Not. Ready. For. That.
Fast forward a few years and it came in handy for kids, baby momma’s, wives, relatives, friends and associates. Not always his exact reply of eating but different variations that hit just as hard.

So the top choices, as of today, for President of the United States of America in ‘24 wouldn’t even pass the interview to be Wally World greeters.
Anyone have a pet monkey? Definitely would be a better option and probably win in a landslide.

Monday’s suck even when you get old and don’t drink.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Concerts, man. I don't get it. I've been a huge, unapologetic T-Swizzle fan since she was crooning for Tim McGraw and pretending to be a country singer, but people these days are treating her shows like it's a life changing experience. I'd happily go if I had tickets, but no chance I'm paying over face, and I just can't imagine looking back 30 years from now and telling your grandkids that I saw her in person, as someone would had they attended the original Woodstock or seen the Beatles.

Concerts, man. I don't get it. I've been a huge, unapologetic T-Swizzle fan since she was crooning for Tim McGraw and pretending to be a country singer, but people these days are treating her shows like it's a life changing experience. I'd happily go if I had tickets, but no chance I'm paying over face, and I just can't imagine looking back 30 years from now and telling your grandkids that I saw her in person, as someone would had they attended the original Woodstock or seen the Beatles.

I’m more curious how his “outfit” cost $218

~Votto's walk-up is from Swift, which explains a lot. Surprised he hasn't taken a beat down...or maybe he has.

~Next year's CY winner per the resident MLB numbnut: 8 2/3 IP last 2 games giving up 21 hits, 14 earned runs, and 5 dingers. #needsanextension

~June/July/August/Sept/May in that order....the others are awful.

~Travel ball/year round leagues should be outlawed until you reach at least age 13....the time when you can actually see if you might be a HS player or more if fortunate. The parents who actually believe their 10 yr old is the next Jeter is common and ridiculously ignorant.

That's quite the post. Four tickets w/ those two "outfits" must mean they each needed two seats? The jokes write themselves I guess. Surely Mandi got some replies that ended in "...priceless". The extra letter on "Cracker Barrell" wasn't the only L taken here.

- Concerts are awesome- one of my favorite things to do - IF you have good seats. These post-COVID concert ticket prices are silly. BBdK was trying to sell me on Taylor Swift last night. Would love to but paying the $2500-3000 for good seats would ruin it anyway.

- I like Morgan Wallen well enough but my gawd, he isn’t George Strait or Garth Brooks. He’s not even Eric Church.

- I think dedicating yourself as a kid to becoming the best you can be - whether it be sports, science, the guitar, etc. - is a great life lesson. I remember working on my game in baseball and basketball fondly. Obviously, I never was going to be a great basketball player but I was pretty good as a 15-year-old and could run 20 suicides in under 30 seconds with only 30 seconds of rest like it was nothing.

Hope my daughter becomes passionate about something. You learn a lot about yourself.

- Was at a friends’ son’s birthday over the weekend. Their 3 yr old had a crew of buddies and a dunk hoop set up in their basement. Reminded me so much of me and my friends. Just playing ball deep into the night. They’ll be doing that for the next 10 years.

- Does it bother anyone else that morning breath doesn’t seem to exist in film?

- What is the GYERO version of stepping over a guy after you dunked on him? Responding to his post with “K”?

- Wife’s out of town starting tomorrow for work so about to pick up HBO and dig into Succession’s final season.

-Just do what you think is right for your family, and even those I despise UCL/Max because they have been here for 15 years without dropping randoms, they're probably right. I'm gonna do what my kid want because that's what we do. He was asked to play on the summer "all star travel team" after last season, but we were both DUN, and I don't believe in specializing as a 7 year old. Kid is like Brax though. He's completely consumed with sports, if he's not playing he's watching highlights or old UK games on Youtube while reenacting them.

-Walk Up music is fantastic. I love it. Those little bastards got down right pissy for our 1st SRIMMAGE when we didn't have the speaker ready yet.

-I've heard long term swim is definitely one to avoid.

-Mandi needs to charge her phone. Making me anxious.

-Damn, I left out August. That would be after July. Last August the weather was 😍 . Like wodie said, I'll take any summer month over cold, dark, and rainy. If we actually got snow around here I'd like those months more.

BTW, I'm still looking for kids in the 2.5 yo range for the most dominate team in wee ball history. If you're interested in join DM me a video of your athlete. If I approve, I'll send over the pre-pre-season strength training regimen, the private swing coaches I prefer, and a list of their daily black market supplements they need to start immediately.

I remember growing up there would always be one decently talented kid with a rich dad who would get upset over playing time and then would literally take his ball and go home, and go form his own team with his kid as the star.

Anth. You’re that guy. We all knew this was coming. BHVAC sponsored tee ball all stars.

Check my insta anth. My 2yo already has a curveball. My 11yo took it yard, but the average toddler doesn’t have the patience to sit back on a curveball and take it the opposite way.

Travel ball gets a bad wrap, but it’s not full of parents thinking their kids are the next Jeter. There are SOME like that, but the vast majority just want their kids to have a good experience and get the extra reps. The stereotype of the crazy dad forcing his kid to play high level travel ball and the kid just hates it really doesn’t exist in real life. These kids don’t get to the high level without having a passion for the game themselves.

The chicken Al pastor at chipotle is a gamechanger.

I have upped August a bit because on the other side is sweet, sweet September and football. July is awful.

~Next year's CY winner per the resident MLB numbnut: 8 2/3 IP last 2 games giving up 21 hits, 14 earned runs, and 5 dingers. #needsanextension

lol.

Nice try, bub. Did you not see my post earlier? After 20 whole starts in the major leagues, this jackass had two bad ones in a row. I'm done with him. D-U-N-N with this loser. He sucks. I've been calling for him to be traded literally for hours now. He's a no talent hack with a noodle arm and no future. Pack his bags and send him back to Dayton. He's garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT