ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frederick's replacement, ideally, would be Brandin Podziemski. Cal recruited him somewhat out of HS. Goes to Illinois, struggles, transfers to Santa Clara, blossoms. 20 ppg and a definite second-round pick. An athletic guard who shot 43 percent from 3. But that's the type of kid who you could ideally convince to come play for a year in a power conference, make really good NIL money, and work his way into a Herro-esque draft slot next year in a weaker class.

I have changed and adapted with the times as it pertains to particular shot charts, analytics, math, etc. But I'm still old-school bullish on a few things. And all I know is that Oscar is going to grab at least 15 boards for you unless he's in some sort of foul trouble. Point, Oscar.

Frederick's replacement, ideally, would be Brandin Podziemski. Cal recruited him somewhat out of HS. Goes to Illinois, struggles, transfers to Santa Clara, blossoms. 20 ppg and a definite second-round pick. An athletic guard who shot 43 percent from 3. But that's the type of kid who you could ideally convince to come play for a year in a power conference, make really good NIL money, and work his way into a Herro-esque draft slot next year in a weaker class.
Is he in the portal?

-Deadwood is sooo good. Gerald McRaney is a helluva bad guy actor...see also Longmire.

-speaking of bad guys in westerns, check out Godless on Netflix. Jeff Daniels does a hulluva job. Malevolent AF.

Reactions: VernHatton52
Assuming we can run the F'n ball with some level of proficiency again the clock not stopping on first downs should help with Stoops' inability to get out of a half without giving up late, soul-crushing touchdowns.

So that's nice.

I understand it will stop in the final two minutes, but it's 6:00-2:00 where he somehow *always* manages to give the opponent extra possessions. Drives me nuts.

Last edited:
NCAA will not stop clock on 1st downs anymore. Will turn the 4 hour games into 3 and a half. It's a start.
This definitely wasn't the issue w/ longer games. Too many timeouts, and extended commercials are the culprits. When and why did we become so caught up w/ shortening sporting events?....all of 20-30 minutes.

NCAA will not stop clock on 1st downs anymore. Will turn the 4 hour games into 3 and a half. It's a start.

I mean I don’t know how you can say not stopping the clock for 50 first downs a game isn’t going to be significant. That’s huge. There’s tons of first down in the college game and also allows coaches to save TOs. I think it’ll make a huge difference

Reactions: jayroon
Lot's of things you can blame Cal on, and I do plenty, but CJ cannot be one of them.
Kid was brought here to be a shooter but never turned out to be a shooter. Blame injuries, or blame the stage, but I can't remember a player missing more wide open shots than him.

Sorry to say it, but what CJ accomplished during his time at UK could have been done by hundreds. maybe thousands of high school seniors.

Major League Baseball has been considerably more enjoyable this season. I haven't seen official stats yet, but I'd guess that bunts, steals, and stolen bases are all up. Game times are down significantly, and the only parts of the sport they've stripped away are where the players stand around and do nothing. I'm certain that we all universally agree that's a great thing. All but one of us that posts here, anyways.

Major League Baseball has been considerably more enjoyable this season. I haven't seen official stats yet, but I'd guess that bunts, steals, and stolen bases are all up. Game times are down significantly, and the only parts of the sport they've stripped away are where the players stand around and do nothing. I'm certain that we all universally agree that's a great thing. All but one of us that posts here, anyways.
Yes- game times are down, offensive stats are up.

Now if I could watch the team that plays 2 miles from my house that’d be neat, maybe.

Somewhere BKH is giddy AF with the Knicks in the Garden for the Playoffs!

I really like their team. I have not followed the Giannis injury, BUT if the Heat beat the Bucks and we could get Knicks/Heat 2nd round……….yes please!

Reactions: jayroon
Watching the 2021 LSU game. Observations:

1. Coen is unreal. Perfectly called game
2. May have been Stoops' best defense
3. Paschal is Josh Allen good
4. Unreal crowd
5. Coal Whistle
6. We kicked their ass
Playing Callin Baton Rouge may be one of the best troll jobs in UKAA history. I’ll never forget that. LSU fan was big mad.

I’m still not used to checking the Braves score at 10 PM for a 7:20 start game and seeing that the game is over. Last year that would have probably been the beginning of the 7th. It’s fantastic.

I never thought I would be, but I like the DH in the National League too. That said, as great as Ohtani is, if he played in the National League when pitchers had to hit his value would be even higher.

Lastly, while I like all the rule changes in baseball I’m not sold on the new one they are considering which is that you lose your DH if you pull your SP before he pitched 5 innings. If they are going to pull the DH I’d just make the rule that your DH is the hitter for thr SP and when he’s pulled (regardless of inning) you lose the DH.

Lastly, while I like all the rule changes in baseball I’m not sold on the new one they are considering which is that you lose your DH if you pull your SP before he pitched 5 innings. If they are going to pull the DH I’d just make the rule that your DH is the hitter for thr SP and when he’s pulled (regardless of inning) you lose the DH.
Thats Interesting GIF by Yellowstone

New JRE podcast = Ric Flair.

I predict this will be an all timer. His episode with Jake the Snake was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT