ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I frequently get duped — he’ll have an amazing guest and they’ll spend the whole time talking about saunas, UFC, stand up comedy, inflammation, elk meat, UFOs, etc.

When they became absurdly long.

Maybe some Effort @ minimizing referee camera time - the occasional soliloquies they deliver via the PA system - and the damn stupid ass unnatural and soul crushing BOOTH/Monitor and REFEREE CLUB reviews would help too

I mean i know they have a job to do but their role has become unnecessarily cumbersome and the monitor reviews/play stoppage are maddening

Signal the penalty - briefly announce the results in 1-2 concise sentences and STFU

Blow up the damn monitors and 4th string refs and agonizing over details that are really best called in the flow of the game

this annoys me WAY more than it should

Major League Baseball has been considerably more enjoyable this season. I haven't seen official stats yet, but I'd guess that bunts, steals, and stolen bases are all up. Game times are down significantly, and the only parts of the sport they've stripped away are where the players stand around and do nothing.

Game times are down an avg of 31 minutes, or essentially a sit-com time frame. It is sad we didn't have 31 extra minutes of our baseball watching life.

And no, they have stripped away many strategic opportunities throughout the game, especially w/ pitching changes, shifts, pickoffs, etc. The game has turned simpleton for those less educated in the sport, such as yourself. The complexities and game within the game intricacies are now erased....again, something that only those with high level baseball minds understand, such as myself.

Enjoy your vanilla wafer of a sport, as the true art of MLB is now gone.

• Haha
Reactions: creeksman
I don’t watch MLB. Played baseball as a kid that grew up in the 80’s and 90’s.

Tried to watch the end of a playoff game one year and it consisted of the pitcher backing off the rubber multiple times, the batter backing out of the box multiple times, half-hearted throws to first in an attempt to pick off the runner, this was between each pitch. I gave up and changed channels.

I’m all for speeding up the game. Speed up golf too while we are at it

I think the baseball purists think it’s 1965 and Bob Gibson is taking the mound against the Cubs today.

This Sacramento Wildcats vs Golden State D!ckheads series is fantastic.

Has a team ever went from most liked, to most hated that fast? In less than a decade.

Fox finally has found “it”. Whatever that means.

Monk still goes unconscious occasionally. Still one of my favorite Cal-Cats.

Wtf is Trey Lyles doing with his hair? He is way to young to look that damn old.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
-Very quick trip up to Long Island to for cousin's wedding. Decided to skip going in the city and hit up Brooklyn for L'Industrie Pizza instead. Fantastic. Walked around Williamsburg for an hour or so. Pretty crazy how nice that area has become. Very weird how the people that live there, all wealthy, try to dress like they're homeless. Weird times.

-Rest of the time was family picked very meh restaurants. Great to see them all though.

-Was staying in the same hotel with 80+ members of New Edition and their entourage. All super friendly. Had a couple brief chats with Bobby. He looks... tired. They were playing UBS on their Legacy Tour or something like that.

-New Laguardia is dope. Good lord what an upgrade over the prison like terminal I last visited.

-Big Time Coach Pitch, swept the week holding both team to a combined 4 runs on 8 total hits. One team didn't reach third. We're stingy. Gonna spend the rest of the morning watching film and studying advanced analytics. Gotta get those sticks going. Rax, who rolls your bats?

-Got the fight on Saturday. Lost both bets. KO-ing a dude with a body punch is pretty badass. Garcia was like, "nope... I'm just gonna stay down." Stayed up until like 2a boozing. That didn't feel great yesterday.

-Committed to watching more playoff hockey. Bummer the Islanders were in Carolina while I was there, the arena was just a mile or so from the hotel.

-Derby creeping right up on us. Man, I love this time of year.

-Does golf even exist after the masters?

- Got to watch the early games yesterday with my oldest son. Kid just loves Steph/Klay but to see the urgency he had for a 1pt game really took me back to being his age. Miss that, a lot!

- Really happy Thunder didn’t get shot up this year.

- Stoops adding Courtland Ford to the OL seems to be flying under the radar. Seems like a huge addition, pun intended.

- Sounds like someone is finally about to close on the Calvert City Drive in and get that sucker up and running. We might head down for an easy summer trip if so.

- Since 2019 my goal with Down Home has been to figure out a way to get to a continuous flow of my own product aging it until about 10-12 years and that being my peak.

It’s so damn deflating to have “everyone” just want some type of flavored stuff. I understand the honey and a few others, and I myself love toasted finishes, but I have nothing for wine finishes, or fruit finished bourbon, or ice cream flavored bourbon.

My goodness people, doesn’t anyone just like bourbon anymore?

- I had no clue this On brand of tennis shoes have become so damn popular. They are comfortable though. I just can’t get behind the hey dude movement.

We walked around Greenwich Village with my daughter (she’s a TSwift fan, had to see some apartment she used to live in and wrote a song about its whatevs) and the contrast between grimy exterior and pulling up the Zillow numbers were mind boggling. At least when we were walking down 5th Ave and by Central Park you can see the money and *get it*.

-Big Time Coach Pitch, swept the week holding both team to a combined 4 runs on 8 total hits. One team didn't reach third. We're stingy. Gonna spend the rest of the morning watching film and studying advanced analytics. Gotta get those sticks going. Rax, who rolls your bats?

I've bought heat rolled bats at https://www.prorollers.net/.

Locally, we've had bats rolled at Sports Connection on Versailles Road.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
-I looked at a pair of "on shoes" when in Chicago on the way back from the Mayo Clinic circa 2015. Passed.

^you can throw a Swiss flag on something... but still made in a South East Asian sweatshop.

-a year or so later they were all the rage in the 02. Of course they were.

-currently rocking Mizuno court shoes...sure they're made is SE Asia, but they didn't throw a Japanese flag on them to make folks feel they were exclusive.

My Uber driver a few weeks ago grew up next door to Ronnie DeVoe. Said the last time he was home ran into Bobby at a liquor store and he was rough.

So what I’m saying is I can confirm.

@krazykats stick with the Armagnac project. Haven’t had a bad finished iteration.

In Lex next weekend… the calm before the (Derby) storm. Pick up my boy for 22 hours of driving in 3 days. Fun. You can bet on a typhoon in the WV mountains.

Harrison Barnes out there stealing my joy. Loser.

Levis to Colts. I think there are pieces there that he can turn that shit around.

Reactions: rudd1 and jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT