ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Coach Prime is unreal, and he's amazing for the sport. He walks around in a cowboy hat talking s*** all day long, then tweets out "I need like 4 more 5-stars on D and another 4 5-stars on O. Holla. I AIN'T HARD TO FIND."

🤣

Can you imagine being a black star athlete and he walks into your living room? Especially after dealing with the typical stodgy 70 year-olds that dominate the sport. He's gonna win big, and I can't wait to see it.

* Wives nag. It's what they do. But man, mine hasn't shut up over the 5 years since I've met her about....

....moisturizer.

Yup. A nice regiment of skin care, eye cream, etc. So after 5 straight years of pushback, I'm finally on board. If any of y'all dudes need to know what's poppin' in the world of face cream, eye care, etc, just holla at ya boi.

* Interesting story involving former Dukie Brian Davis. After the Commanders/Redskins announced at $6.5 billion sale, Davis, swooped in with an even better deal. $7 billion, PLUS another $2 bill to make improvements to the stadium. All cash. 🤣

He claims this came from selling his $50 billion stake in some company nobody's heard of before.

Feinstein during his weekly Friday segment with “The Sports Junkies,” did not permit his being a Duke alumnus to remove his objectivity on the question of Brian Davis’ legitimacy as a candidate to purchase the Commanders. Feinstein was candid, straightforward, and impartial.

“Yes, I am not sure Brian could buy a car, much less a team.

“I haven’t been in touch with him (Davis) in I don’t know how many years. But Brian always had a little bit of con artist in him.”

“He was a very charming guy. I liked him, very bright. But a little bit of a con artist I think. And I think the stuff with Laettner, he (Davis) was probably the leader, in terms of whatever decisions they made.”

“He had as much a chance to buy this team (Commanders) as I did. Maybe less. I’ve got a couple of bucks in my wallet.”

link: Brian Davis has way more cash than Elon Musk

* Ons are the worst running shoes of all time, and need to finally admit they're a lifestyle brand. It's a great looking shoe, and they're selling like crazy. It's part of the official yuppie, suburban dad bod outfit, including a puffy vest, slacks, and a button down.

* I'm having a hard time holding these alligators down. Woo.

* Weekly routine right now.....

- run 60 miles/week
- 3-4 hiit classes
- tidying up the diet and drinking less

Biggest change --> I sleep AMAZING. Lay down, close my eyes, and it's lights f'ing out.

* Unlike YOUR MOM, the Reds can't freaking score.

* When anth says he ordered "the fight," I assume he's talking about Slap Fight Championship 25?

* 5 o'clock traffic is a piece of cake compared to after school private school traffic. F'ing A, man. Just rows and rows of mini, luxury SUVs stopped in the middle of the gd road. Tell your stupid kids to catch and Uber or walk, please.

* Raise your hand if you vape. Just want to see who all we're dealing with here in GYERO.

-vaping as a tool to quit smoking is useful. My dad did it at 74, after a bout with lung cancer. Frankly, he's too old to worry about whatever the repercussions of vaping may be.

^that's the only time it's acceptable. It's awful. Don't get me started on "carts", buy a one-hitter and get some flower like we did in the old days. Carts have a wierd "smell", and it ain't right, imo.

-get off my lawn, mother****ers. Atkot.

- Sounds like someone is finally about to close on the Calvert City Drive in and get that sucker up and running. We might head down for an easy summer trip if so.

That’s good to hear. Lots of rumors but none with real legs for a year now. Miss those burgers but can’t stay awake for the double feature.

Speaking of , the double feature thing they were forced to do by the movie distributors is bullshit. I miss the days of them showing the same movie twice a night. Sure it was great in high school to go to the late movie but now i can’t stay awake long enough. But those burgers….

Reactions: grantbob
-On Clouds have the 02 in a strangle hold. I refuse to bend. NB or Nike(because I'm hard core BLM) for me.

-Rolled bats are illegal, per my google machine, so I'm out on that.

-Sept, June, May, October, April, July, March... the rest f*cking suck.

Reactions: rudd1
March and April are annoying due to the expectations I place upon them. They show moments of potential and give you glimmers of hope that they will now be consistently good only to revert time and time again.

I’ve reached an epiphany that I don’t really like my job that much. I mean it’s fine, but I don’t really feel passionate about it and would be perfectly happy completely leaving it. I’m assuming I’m in the majority but who knows. My wife has reached the conclusion she hates her job and wants to retire. This would have been a great conclusion to reach BEFORE I started building this house

Happy Monday!

- Kooky I’m seeing the Armanac thing thru. I have a few bottles of the L’Encatada Armanac that might have been suggested by Anth. Can’t remember.

I think it will be a solid finish. But even that is typically used in a “cigar” finish with Orlosso Sherry barrels and Cognac. 3 finishes on the same juice!

- That Bryan Davis thing reminds me of Ted Dibiaese. His story is more like Brett Favre, but still the fraud that has to be involved in that is just amazing.

- 60 miles per week? Holy F!!

I walk 2 miles a day, play a little basketball with the kids, row a few thousand meters, and do some very light lifting here and there.

60 GD miles? Where TF are you going man!

- Almost forgot, the new Tupac doc on FX is solid. Not much I didn’t already know, except how alike he was with his mom. Dude was just a damn kid still and that’s hard to imagine even as a Stan for his music.

“Calendar Guy” is the absolute worst.

HEY, YES, WE SHOULD GET SOMETHING ON THE CALENDAR. IM THINKING SOMETIME THE WEEK OF JUNE 5th. I HAVR SOME OPENINGS ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY THAT WEEK EITHER 10-10:35 or 3:15-3:50. SHOOT ME A CALENDAR INVITE.”

Are you the damn President?

How about you go pound sand and stick that calendar up your rear.

Maybe it was you? I’m not sure, but I could see that finish working well by itself with bourbon.

Doing a 5 year Wheated finished in Armanac barrels and a 8yr Kentucky bourbon finished in Armanac.

Wheaters were entered way too low of proof but are tasty for such a young bourbon.

The 8yr I way overpaid for and have to figure something out with it so I hope it works.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
“Calendar Guy” is the absolute worst.

HEY, YES, WE SHOULD GET SOMETHING ON THE CALENDAR. IM THINKING SOMETIME THE WEEK OF JUNE 5th. I HAVR SOME OPENINGS ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY THAT WEEK EITHER 10-10:35 or 3:15-3:50. SHOOT ME A CALENDAR INVITE.”

Are you the damn President?

How about you go pound sand and stick that calendar up your rear.

My best buddy and his hipster wife are these people. No kids. No long working hours- just standard 9-5. They’re not out there volunteering or anything like that. But their calendar is always full and they’re completely smug about it .

“We’re just so busy! Completely booked up for the next two months.

I’m like F off. You’re not busy. You just have scheduled drinking 5-6 nights a week.

-Carts do suck Rudd, but they are great for traveling by car or plane because security doesn’t care and they don’t smell. I definitely don’t prefer them but if someone were wanting to walk down the street and take a couple tokes I get it. I don’t do that, but I get it.

-My two best buds both have kids/wives and they’ve been trying to get us all together for a VR full shooting room or something in Louisville which looks pretty fun. The date and time has been changed no less than 42x in the last two weeks. It’s pretty flipping annoying.

Been getting a minor amount of mild enjoyment out of watching Baseball Bat Bros on youtube. Apparently, corked wood bats work, Korea reissues historic insane illegal bats, and the 1997 Easton Reflex is the GOAT. Haven't seen them test rolled bats. I'm not even sure what that is, TBH.

2008 TPX EXOGrid (the ugly red one) was the hottest I ever owned. Immediately after unwrapping it, I was hitting infield to my team, and accidentally sailed one over the centerfield wall of a HS field (360', 15' high wall). And I have no power. Never even hit a homerun in a (baseball) game.

Who the hell is complaining about this April weather? It's been amazing.

God, I hope Devin Leary pans out. Defense should be good-to-great. Nice arsenal of weapons on offense. Fingers crossed that the OL issues have been addressed via portal. Liam Coen alone is probably worth at least 2 more wins than Scangarello. Seriously, we probably would've beaten Ole Miss, South Carolina and Vandy with him running the show last season. Levis probably stays healthy too.

I think in a married with kids life the key with seeing buddies are Friday happy hours.

Nothing is set in stone. Just group texts. Leave work early. Have a few domestos.
Be home at 5:30.
*anxiously waits until the next wave of GYERODAD gets caught up in this “hey, we’re gonna have kids sports practices on Friday afternoon/evenings and your kids will both have it but at slightly different times and places so both parents can drive and nobody has fun ever season of life*

I've not shared hotel room in what I believe has been 2 decades with him, but I never remembered PTi having an issue in just going to sleep whenever.

Head down, lights out, logs sawed.

*anxiously waits until the next wave of GYERODAD gets caught up in this “hey, we’re gonna have kids sports practices on Friday afternoon/evenings and your kids will both have it but at slightly different times and places so both parents can drive and nobody has fun ever season of life*
We have practice or games this Monday, Tuesday, Wed x2, Friday, Sat, Sunday. Plus 1st Communion and party. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: HUBER
Got a 6pm game this very Friday, followed up by 10am Saturday. Every other day this week except Thursday has a practice.

Little league bats are such a hot topic these days. I think I only had two different bats my whole tball/little league career.

Reactions: rudd1
Take out the GD pollen and April is not a bad month. Besides feeling like crap half the time I get to spend a week cleaning all of this junk up around the house.

So what is the breaking point? Everyone that does it hates it and says they said they'd never do it. What makes people do it?

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT