ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons had a great observation about the Warriors the other day on his podcast. Basically they’re just old, but still dangerous. They’re like 30-8 at home and vice versa on the road. Kind of like when your buddies ask you to go into the city for a crazy night out. Sure sounds great, but home is also super comfortable so I’m just going to bail this time. Hey do you want to come over for dinner? Nah, I’m good but you’re welcome to come over to my place and we can order takeout! That’s the Warriors. And that’s the 40 somethings in LEX. They’ve got it but not every day… still dangerous and can cut loose when they want to.

Can’t even imagine how on edge I’d have been if this years team made it to this point.

Swiss watch of a plan to come down to visit son.

Hell week, sleep deprived and mentally tortured I find him shotgunning beers on an empty stomach upon my arrival at a shithole House party on Forest Park. Terrific.

I meet some kids, girlfriend . Fun for an hour.

Uber a van full of kids to Tolly Ho to feed them. Ho closed. Joe Bs. Terrible, but whatever.

Son pukes. Girlfriend takes him to Blazer to pass out. I walk downtown to hotel assuming he won’t rally for dinner.

Going to meander and sit at Ruby’s bar for an overpriced, mediocre steak. Cest le vie.

UKO thinks your son should have went to trade school and working toward apprenticeship!

Have they changed the sight lines? In 2011 that was a shooting nightmare dome
IIRC, before the Villanova/UNC title game final four they added curtains at the top of every section to try to help. Not sure what else they could do besides maybe dimming lights a little.

Why does this thread tolerate so much blogposting? Perhaps 'everlovin random' is subjective, but there are too many regs that do nothing other than update their personal happenings. I recall a time when low value posters where chased out of here -- without prejudice. Rogue is obviously the most egregious, but there are too many others.

Uconn will have as many titles as IU if they keep rolling.

Per weather underground Lexington had *4* days above 70 for the entire month of March. Again with the wind today. I'd much rather have an awful Jan & Feb, followed by a sunny, warm, glorious March, but I guess the new normal is a mild winter with a cold, gloomy "spring".

Michael Cleveland, arguably the best fiddle player in bluegrass, dropped this album a few weeks ago.

Cast iron smash burgers, duck fat potatoes, and barrel proof pours deliver this time of year. At some point, in the not too distant future, we will have a coach that prioritizes winning games. We won't hear anything about 'players 1st'.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
- Some real midmajor basketball in this first semifinal.

- Why TF is Grant Hill here? Been wondering for a long time. Nantz and Raff can easily handle this. Plus, he’s awful. I guess you just have to have a Dookie on your broadcast.

Whether Dutcher’s call to go without Bradley, concentrating on D, was the “right” one or not (obviously all’s well
that ends well) - it just AMAZES me when I see coaches actually, you know, coaching.

When’s the last time Calipari did F’ing anything resembling in-game strategy and coaching? I’m not in the least bit a zone guy but does he ever throw in some weird shit on D just to confuse and/or switch up the opponent’s offensive momentum?

MFer doesn’t even draw up OOB plays.

It infuriates me.

“Uhh go get yourself a bucket.”

You fatcat sonofabitch. We were brutalized on pick-n-roll for a CALENDAR YEAR. No adjustment. No improvement.

Kentucky isn’t your avenue to heaven. We’re not your platform. We’re the best damn college basketball program in the country and have been since the 40s. We win basketball games and usually with style. And we give our coaches EVERYTHING they need to accomplish this feat.

Watching Dutcher COACH pisses me off.

Not sure if I’m FAU I’m not content dribbling out the clock and with 1 second on the shot clock left shooting it from deep knowing that will kill a few more seconds and lead to a most likely wild long rebound killing even more clock.

scrolls past Category: Hirsute with absolutely NO inclination to explore...
(I grew up in the 70's and lived in Europe so I'm already more familiar than I care to be)

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Chick I “dated” was an FAU cheerleader and her and her family are cooler than the cats pajamas. Felt awful for her after that shot but at the same time I want to be like, hey you want to be where the big boys play, you have to deal with big boy heartbreak.

Can’t enjoy the come up without some days like these and we’ve had them in barrel-fulls.

I guess the difference is we’re pretty sure we’ll be back there, very good chance they never are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT