ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFO must've toured on an old irradiated bus picked up in Chernobyl.
Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

I’m in Lexington 73, could never move back to Etown. Lexington was hard enough. Why the hell did you think I lived in Etown now?

I thought you either lived in Georgetown or Paducah area.
Started in Georgetown staying with the folks until I bought my house off Tates Creek. Don’t think I’ve ever even been to Paducah. Anywhere besides Lexington, Louisville or Newport (whatever’s across from Cincinnati) and I would’ve jumped off a bridge by now.

Pretty bad strategy Rogue. Move to Lex where all the women with any upbringing have to be married by 24-25. Talent pool drops significantly. Not a lot of the free to be you and me crowd. Throw in the weather factor and it’s like you chose to go to Haiti without bringing condoms. You were dead before you hit the ground.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
Other than LA, Miami, Prague, and other international cities where legit 10s flock, the urban triangle of Kentucky rivals all contenders in per capita hot chicks, imo. If you travel (including NYC, Chicago, etc), the talent here is at least on par and usually exceeds wherever you go.

We may be poor, stupid hicks but we have some hot women.

The last guy to get impeached in Kentucky before Ronnie Goldey sounds awesome.

I’m 50/50 whether or not Caitlin Clark would’ve made Kentucky a better basketball team this year. I’m leaning towards yes. What a baller.
I get the hate for women's basketball as damn near unwatchable, but she is the rare exception. Props to her coach for not corralling her game.

Not saying there aren’t hot gals Lexington has that in spades I’m saying there isn’t shit to do. Besides going out downtown, which isn’t the best scene as is, what is there to do*? And given, maybe I’m used to different activities but I haven’t found anything to do in Lexington for a guy of my situation.

*i don’t really do random live music

Go to UK Athletics events, Keeneland, golf, church, bars, restaurants, Red River Gorge, Lake Cumberland, day trips to Louisville and Cincinnati, Bengals and Reds games.

??

Reactions: 80 Proof
Saturday randoms....

*That crunchy guitar riff that comes in on Band On The Run is one of the greatest licks ever. Just oozes coolness and swagger. I could listen to that riff on repeat for an entire evening.

*Speaking of, been on a big Beatles kick lately. The way they were able to seamlessly blend together so many different genres coupled with just amazing songwriting... shew wee. Makes for a great vinyl listen. Plus, I think Penny Lane is the most perfectly quintessential British song of all-time.

*This is one of most disrespectful moves on the court I've seen. The hand flip...

I'd seen some clips of Caitlan Clark, but last night was my first time actually watching her. She is genuinely captivating to watch. Just has a perfect feel and movement for the game. From ESPN: she's got 161 points and 52 assists in 5 NCAA tourney games this year, which since 2000 is only the sixth instance of any player to have 150+ points and 50+ assists in a 5 game span. All six of those instances belong to Caitlan Clark. I bet should could take Brad Calipari one-on-one.

*Top 5 American Gladiator Events:

1. Assault
2. Swingshot
3. Atlasphere
4. Powerball
5. Pyramid

Most overrated: Joust
Event I'd Least Like To Do: Gauntlet
-the Gladiators had open season to just beat the absolute shit of contenders in Gauntlet and Powerball.

*Ichiro Suzuki was such an amazing player and arguably the greatest hitter of all-time. What an interesting character too. He used to travel with a black metal case that contained 8 bats and a chemical rod for keeping a perfect level of humidity for wherever he was traveling to so his bats wouldn't absorb moisture and become heavier. He wasn't allowed to come over here until he was 27, spending his first 9 professional years in Japan, but from 27 through 36 for his first 10 MLB seasons, he has over 2,200 hits, which just blows away any other 10 year span from any other hitter in MLB history. His first year in the MLB he hit .350, had 56 stolen bases, finished as the ROTY, won a gold glove, the AL MVP, and oh yeah helped lead Seattle to 116 wins, tied for the most in MLB history. Enjoy some fun Japanese music and highlights:

Last edited:
PTI talking to himself? No one else lays out a set of randoms like that. Literally no one.

Imagine if he would've been allowed to come over to the U.S. in say like '94, not having to wait until '01. As a 20-year-old in '94 he hit .385 in Japan.

A young Suzuki, coming up with a young ARod, along with Griffey, Edgar Martinez, and the Big Unit all in Seattle at that time? Suzuki said he always wanted to play with Griffey. Damn, that would've been fun for the six months they'd been able to hold that team together.

RE: the arguable greatest hitter... we all know the real answer to that question is Bob Hamelin:

s-l1600.jpg

Ichiro is an all time great at a lot of things (contact hitter, leadoff hitter, etc) but NOT overall hitter. Not even remotely in the discussion,

But he was indeed amazing to watch. Unfortunately people just don’t play the game like he does anymore.

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
Not saying there aren’t hot gals Lexington has that in spades I’m saying there isn’t shit to do. Besides going out downtown, which isn’t the best scene as is, what is there to do*? And given, maybe I’m used to different activities but I haven’t found anything to do in Lexington for a guy of my situation.

*i don’t really do random live music
We enjoyed the Florida posts from you better anyway. Be safe and don’t wreck any mopeds.

Reactions: roguemocha
Ichiro is an all time great at a lot of things (contact hitter, leadoff hitter, etc) but NOT overall hitter. Not even remotely in the discussion,

But he was indeed amazing to watch. Unfortunately people just don’t play the game like he does anymore.
Do you think he would've reached 5000 hits had he played his entire career here?

Hard to make predictions like that. Junior was going to break all of the records but he got hurt. Mahomes looks like he will break all of the records - and he might - but time is a long time. What guys like Brady and even Rose did are amazing. Playing 20+ years at the highest level is next to impossible.

Are you literally on here right now asking how to make friends and get laid?

Yes. Yes, you are.
Hardly pal. I’m saying there isn’t much for a single 40 year old to do around here is all. For those with family and children I could totally see the appeal, for me, not so much, but again maybe my idea of things to do is different from you all.

I knew everyone would act like it’s a metropolis of activity but let me tell you, it’s not. It’s fine, just not for me.

Don’t really golf (I play and like the hang but I’m not calling anyone to go golfing), hate the bengals and reds (not that that would stop me from going to see other teams) but that’s an hour away both ways, gorge and Cumberland are basically closed half the year, Keeneland open 2 whole months, etc.

90% of what you mentioned is basically shut down all winter so good effort.

I’m talking about on a Tuesday or something after work. Like pop out the front door hop on a bike and meet some people out down on the boardwalk for a beer not at Stagger Inn.

Like I said, I think I just want different than this, more of what I’m used to instead of more what you’re used to.

You all don’t have to white knight for Lexington mmmkay.

Hard to make predictions like that. Junior was going to break all of the records but he got hurt. Mahomes looks like he will break all of the records - and he might - but time is a long time. What guys like Brady and even Rose did are amazing. Playing 20+ years at the highest level is next to impossible.
True, but Ichiro played 162 games five different times. He also played 161 four other times. He didn't play under 140 games in a season until he was 43. He wasn't injury prone.

Goodness I couldn’t be Jim Nantz today. Can’t stand to be the focus of anything, and to be in his shoes today I’d just rather announce hanging it up after.

Hardly pal. I’m saying there isn’t much for a single 40 year old to do around here is all. For those with family and children I could totally see the appeal, for me, not so much, but again maybe my idea of things to do is different from you all.

I knew everyone would act like it’s a metropolis of activity but let me tell you, it’s not. It’s fine, just not for me.

Don’t really golf (I play and like the hang but I’m not calling anyone to go golfing), hate the bengals and reds (not that that would stop me from going to see other teams) but that’s an hour away both ways, gorge and Cumberland are basically closed half the year, Keeneland open 2 whole months, etc.

90% of what you mentioned is basically shut down all winter so good effort.

I’m talking about on a Tuesday or something after work. Like pop out the front door hop on a bike and meet some people out down on the boardwalk for a beer not at Stagger Inn.

Like I said, I think I just want different than this, more of what I’m used to instead of more what you’re used to.

You all don’t have to white knight for Lexington mmmkay.
So, you didn’t expect this when you moved from the Keys? It shouldn’t be a shocker to you, right?

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT