ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone said the F1 series is the best of the sports shows on Netflix, guess I'll have to give it a shot. Fully aware that I know nothing of the sport and have never watched a second, but by mid-summer I'll probably be booking trips to watch a race in Monaco.
It’s amazing for a sport that’s really hard to watch.

Pretty sure my daughter is sticking with engineering in the hopes of getting a job on one of those teams after watching the show.

Speaking of insurrections, there needs to be an insurrection against people who order food for work meetings. It’s always pure junk food.

Breakfast: Donuts and coffee cake
Lunch: Pizza and cookies
Afternoon snack: Brownies
Beverages: Coca Cola products

Just day, after day, after day.

Reactions: roguemocha
Speaking of insurrections, there needs to be an insurrection against people who order food for work meetings. It’s always pure junk food.

Breakfast: Donuts and coffee cake
Lunch: Pizza and cookies
Afternoon snack: Brownies
Beverages: Coca Cola products

Just day, after day, after day.
Man when I worked at the hospital it was off the charts bad. Coworkers would legitimately "fit shame" me. "Ohhhhh I guess you're going to eat that healthy food again, Mark?!?!? Are you not throwing in on these pizzas?!?! You trying to make us feel bad?"

Nope, but look at the lot of you... One of the gals I worked with as an RN who was sweet as pie is genuinely, morbidly, obese. She has her doctorate now and is obviously smart so I don't get how they let it get that far, especially in healthcare.

But I also feel it's a pretty depressing field so people look to comfort food to deal with being there.

Lamar slapped with the non exclusive tag meaning other teams can negotiate with his mom(LOL) and the Ravens can match or let him go and get 2 1st round picks.

With Anthony Richardson's freak combine numbers, the Raiders are speculated to trade up for him. McDaniels sure is great at over valuing athletic QB's from Florida with 0 accuracy.

If it happens, hopefully it gets him fired this time too.

So if you are willing to trade up for an unknown why not simply offer Lamar his deal and pay Baltimore the 2 first round picks?

2023 #7 overall being one of them and a #1 next year knowing Lamar should improve the pick to mid teens to early 20s anyway.

Completely avoid the disaster that a rookie could be.

It’s honestly a no brainer!

Reactions: thabigbluenation
So if you are willing to trade up for an unknown why not simply offer Lamar his deal and pay Baltimore the 2 first round picks?

2023 #7 overall being one of them and a #1 next year knowing Lamar should improve the pick to mid teens to early 20s anyway.

Completely avoid the disaster that a rookie could be.

It’s honestly a no brainer!
Except he wants $250mm fully guaranteed and he has injury history.

Except he wants $250mm fully guaranteed and he has injury history.
From Baltimore. His agent already stated they are over asking because they feel disrespected.

I believe that. This should have been agreed upon last year when he wanted to sign before the Watson deal.

Sure it made Lamar act stupid but he gave them a chance to pay him last year and this year at a deal and they balked and have continued to do so.

He wants out or they have to back pay, and I don’t blame him. But I absolutely think he’ll sign for less guaranteed elsewhere which is why they chose this option to match any offer.

My Lord is it *great* to have this guy back. Writes Izayah Cummings name down on his hand.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we have a left tackle again. Cue to 8:45 if you want to see Marques Cox begin his address to the media by hocking a loogie. That's who I want protecting my QB's blindside.

Last edited:
Back from LA - my takes/snackdowns/etc.:

- Just food trucks randomly parked everywhere- side of the highway, gas stations, abandoned lots. Really good tacos tho.

- I don’t know what I was expecting but LA wasn’t what I thought it would be. Just a collection of fairly nice livable neighborhoods. Besides places like Brentwood, seemingly similar.

- I’m sure it’s a wonderful place to live as people continue to move there but I don’t get the hype. I liked it well enough but not as much as NYC, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco or maybe even Atlanta.

- That said it was 58 all week. I don’t mind that weather but it’s not the “75 every day” shit.

- Malibu was fairly disappointing. I’d take outer areas of San Francisco and San Diego over it.

- Favorite area was probably Venice - although not the beach area. Santa Monica was cool too, and up Sunset through Brentwood was beautiful.

- Will say LAX is one smooth running machine.

- Feel like I’m bitching but had a great time. Nice mix of relaxing and fun. Did some hiking. Dinner. Drinks. Watched the Cats roll at some Irish pub called Jamesons in Santa Monica. Hit some taco trucks. Malibu and an outstanding lobster roll. Got some quality time away with my wife’s bestie and her husband who are great.

- Anyone else’s wife losing their shit over the Vanderpump Rules controversy? Haven’t seen her this locked in as long as I’ve known her. Like me during the first week of the NCAA Tournament.

FWIW, we've been having a "real" southern cal winter this year (lots of rain, and cooler than average, maybe 55-65 instead of 65-75 degrees).

The previous three or four winters had been unusually warm and dry, with lots of 70s even in Jan/Feb.

The upper 50s we've been having is below average, but just be glad you were here this past week and not the previous week. It rained like mad for the most of 4 or 5 days straight. You got cool weather but you avoided all that mess.

Back from LA - my takes/snackdowns/etc.:

- I’m sure it’s a wonderful place to live as people continue to move there but I don’t get the hype.
Fake news. For the state total anyway.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd buy one of those Million Dollar Listing cribs if I won the lottery.

What's the Vanderpump controversy? Assume it will be seen later in the season.

- I’m sure it’s a wonderful place to live as people continue to move there but I don’t get the hype.

Someone misled you. There isn't any hype, and it definitely isn't wonderful.

During the final year of the two-year span, from July 2021 to July 2022, California lost about 211,000 people, according to data from the state Department of Finance. More than half — 113,048 — were from Los Angeles County, the most populous of California's 58 counties....LA Times - Feb 16, 2023

I'm glad wcc wasn't taken prisoner in a homeless encampment. Sort of.

This is March. Someone needs to get Century Cat, tommyg, Dr. Boat, Mashburned, et al back and get this place rocking.

* So it isn't advisable to go to Mexico to get a back alley tummy tuck? Who knew?!?!

My idiot uncle and his wife decided the Lord called them to Central America to retire so they drove the entire length of Mexico in two trucks with trailers with their belongings. I could not possibly imagine a stupider idea. Thankfully they made it ok. My gringo ass wasn't going to get them if they got in trouble, that's for sure. Leave that stuff for Delta Force.

* Who do we want on Friday? Vandy and Georgia would be nice for revenge purposes, I guess, but I'll take LSU because we need sure wins, especially if we can buy another game without Wallace. That likely won't happen, of course, but I can dream.

A 9 pm game is much, much, MUCH better on a Friday night in a tournament. Bridgestone Arena will be packed with liquored up Kentucky fans.

* Hey UKO, want a free bus ticket to Matamoros?

Last edited:
But boy, don't they warn ya.

200w.gif

I want lsu or uga (yes they beat us once)…. Tired of vandy and would like an easy win.

Go back and forth on what to do with Wallace and CJ. Gut says get em as close to 100% as possible which prob means to sit em. Don’t want to drop below 6 seed though. Think if we win 1, a 6 seed is our floor.

They only have 2 average SF's coming in too. Unless he hits the portal hard they're going to be the exact same team next year.

Payne is probably gonna land that 7-foot five-star who decommitted from Minnesota. The kid is good, but a project. There's a reason why his best options at this point are UL, TCU, and Mizzou. No clue who else they'll get from the portal, but the HS ranks are pretty well picked over. They'll have to be better than 4-28 just because there's nowhere to go but up, but the problem is that they went 4-28 during what is a markedly down year in the ACC. Unless a stud falls out of the sky into their laps from the portal, I think they'll come down the stretch scratching to hit double digits in wins.

My blood runs a little bit cold thinking about how 28 years ago I and a bunch of my fraternity brothers took a random van from South Padre to the border of Brownsville and Matamoros and it just dropped us off. I guess being dumb and naïve was the way to go. Zero chance I would do that now.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT